PDA

View Full Version : TTC girl ended up with twins!

cellouna
May 20th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Hello,

I have been swaying for a girl for the last 6 months and guess what? I just found out that I am having fraternal twins. What is the probability that at least one of them is a girl. I heard somewhere that boy twins are the least probable since they have the least survival chance in the uterus. I have been really strict on the low everything diet that my body was always tired at the end before conceiving.

I would appreciate an views!

nuthinbutpink
May 20th, 2014, 03:12 PM
25% two boys
25% two girls
50% one of each

angielorna
May 20th, 2014, 04:22 PM
wow, that's so exciting!!! And I've never seen the stats before, that is super interesting. Congratulations :)
Angie

daisymoo
May 20th, 2014, 05:38 PM
I think boy/girl twins are super cute. I have two sets of boy/girl cousins and the girl always looks after the boy! Too cute!! Hope you get one pinkie!!

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

SamS_TTCPink
May 20th, 2014, 06:38 PM
How exciting! Congrats. Hope you get a pink bundle!

6bluewant1pink
May 20th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Congratulations I hope you get at least one girl! I wouldn't mind boy/girl twins :)

cellouna
May 21st, 2014, 11:40 AM
Thank you all so much for your comments :)! I am hoping for at least one girl as well!

atomic sagebrush
May 21st, 2014, 11:40 AM
i'm not sure those stats are right. on paper of course they are, but I have read that boy twins are more often lost and girl twins are more likely to make it (all my books are back at my old house unfortunately). So the stats are not "mathematical" like they should be. There is really a lack of solid data that I could find online so I think we will just say a big congrats cellouna and hope you hear pink.

3GMomPraying4Boy
June 7th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Congratulations!
I Pray you get your pink bundle of joy.
Twins are an exciting pregnancy. I have twin girls and I remember lots of tug and war in my tummy; two heads popping out at opposite ends at times.

granddaughter
June 8th, 2014, 09:01 PM
When do you find out?

1+2+3boys
June 8th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Congratulations! Twins surely are a unique and amazing gift. I became obsessed with all things twins reading all I could get my hands on when I found out I was having them for number 2 and 3 at 12 weeks. A couple of the ladies are right on boy twins being slightly less common. I have the rarest kind. Identical boys.

Did you know people are often told that they are having fraternal twins when it is discovered there are two placentas but in actual fact that is just what is most common. Identical twins can have their own placenta if the egg splits early enough. About 1 in 9 twins with seperate placentas end up being identical.
With two in there the chances of you getting a daughter are way greater than if there was just one though.

I hope you get your girl from this pregnancy. Sounds like you have a better chance than I did because I had not heard of gender dreaming when my boys were conceived.

SamS_TTCPink
June 8th, 2014, 10:31 PM
I didn't know boy twins were rare. I have identical twin boys too, and they were mono-mono twins, I knew that was rare. They're 7 now and it's amazing watch them together. 😊

kitkat18
June 9th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Congrats! Hope there is one little lady in there x

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

1+2+3boys
June 9th, 2014, 05:06 AM
I didn't know boy twins were rare. I have identical twin boys too, and they were mono-mono twins, I knew that was rare. They're 7 now and it's amazing watch them together. ��

Well I guess rare is the wrong word but there are slightly less of them. I know Mono/mono is rare. Wow, that is amazing. Mine were Mono/Di. They just had their 2nd birthday and are so beautiful together. They certainly have a special relationship when not doing my head in fighting over the same toy again. I feel so darn lucky to have been chosen to be a twin Mum and while I wanted them to be girls I wouldn't change a hair on their head. I'm totally smitten

cellouna
June 9th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Twins are such a blessing indeed! I will keep you posted as soon as I know the genders. I guess 6-7 more weeks.

prettyflamingo
June 9th, 2014, 03:57 PM
I also got boy twins for 2 and 3 even though I prayed for a girl in there. Not as rare as people think. I have four friends with twins, I has 2 girls, one has pp and two have 2 boys. Fingers crossed for you. X

Boysway
June 10th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Congratulations. Giving you all my pink dust cellouna :)

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I didn't know boy twins were rare. I have identical twin boys too, and they were mono-mono twins, I knew that was rare. They're 7 now and it's amazing watch them together. ��

They're not rare, just rarest. :)

cellouna
June 20th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I just had a 12-week ultrasound few days ago and the doctor predicted 80% two girls according to the nub theory :))! I should know for sure in a few more weeks!

kitkat18
June 21st, 2014, 01:32 AM
Wonderful news cellouna x

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2014, 11:43 AM
oh that is fab news!!!!

Boysway
June 28th, 2014, 11:39 AM
How exciting for you :) Congratulations.