PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound no sac

jmb848
May 20th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Hi ladies,
I am kind of depressed today. We went for our ultrasound today to determine how far along I am due to no PPAF from last pregnancy. The ultrasound tech couldn't see anything in the gestational sac with the regular ultrasound and then they did a transvaginal and still could not see anything in the sac but said the measurement of the gestational sac looks like I am just 5 weeks. They also found a corpus luteum cyst on my left ovary. They are having me go back in next Thursday to do another scan. I am so nervous that there will not be anything on that scan either. They went over ectopic with me and miscarriage. I am hopeful I'm the sense that I took a weeks estimator clear blue test when I found out I was pregnant from a dollar tree test and it came back as 1-2 then 4 days later I took another one and it came back as 3+. I also am crazy and have been making sure my lines get darker and darker and with the dollar tree my line appeared right away today and was almost darker than the test line. Do any of you have success stories with no yolk sac at 5 weeks? Also my last pregnancy I didn't have an ultrasound till 8+ weeks and it should sac and heartbeat so I'm even more freaked out seeing the empty sac. If it's not looking good for my pregnancy please tell me what you think as well. Thanks in advance. :tissue:

nuthinbutpink
May 20th, 2014, 08:10 PM
5 weeks is too early. You'd never have a scan then had you known how far along you were. I wouldn't fear anything yet.

SamS_TTCPink
May 20th, 2014, 08:37 PM
5 weeks is too early to see anything. Keeping fingers crossed it's all ok next scan.

jmb848
May 20th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Thank you ladies. They said it could just be too early but it didn't sound like a definite answer and I always think the worst. I will try to relax till Thursday....

angielorna
May 20th, 2014, 09:25 PM
5 weeks? Too early. What are your hcg levels? I can't remember the numbers, but you won't see anything until they hit certain number. My first successful pregnancy I was 5 weeks and not much was going on. Went 1 week, 1 day later.....voila, heartbeat. My last pregnancymy levels were monitored every other day till I hit the "magic" number and I was 5 weeks, 3 days and we had a very slow heartbeat. They told me he might not be viable bc he was measuring 5w6d (and they figured that's how far along I was) Week later? 171. Every pregnancy is different and I don't think 2 days is enough time between u/s (IMHO). I've always had to go back 1-2 weeks later to re-assess.

And, if I may be completely honest, if they tried am abdominal u/s first at 5 weeks, the tech was an idiot. There is no way am abdominal u/s would show anything. I've always had internal exams until about 7-8 weeks if not longer!
How far along are you based on lmp or ovulation?
Hugs,
Angie

jmb848
May 20th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Thank Angie. That's the problem I was breastfeeding DS so no idea when I ovulated. Still had not gotten PPAF yet at 7 months. Last Wed the nurse I spoke with said my levels were pretty high and they should see something on Tuesday (today's ultrasound) she never told me what they were though. Last pregnancy my hcg levels were high in beginning to and they didn't do us till 9 weeks. My next us is next Thursday sorry not this Thursday ya 2 days is not enough time they said 7-10 would be best. The last time me and hubby had sex was May 5th and time before that was about 5-7 days so I guess 5 weeks seems ok.

carmella_marie
May 20th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Way too early. My OB won't even do an u/a until 8 weeks.

Mulberry Smurf
May 21st, 2014, 07:44 AM
I would be tempted to wait until around 8 weeks unless you have pain or bleeding as you may still be unable to see anything on Thursday. Good luck though xx

butterflywarbie
May 21st, 2014, 09:01 AM
i could see my son at 6 weeks with a internal scan nothing on a u/s im sure your fine, positive thoughts xx

jmb848
May 29th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Just updated all you amazing ladies about my ultrasound today. I measured 6 weeks 1 day and they were able to do a normal ultrasound not TV and we say the little bean and heartbeat 106. Thank you for reassuring me that everything would be ok and that it was probably to early to see anything. My due date is January 21 and I am so happy I got to see something on the ultrasound today.

The Anchor
May 29th, 2014, 04:16 PM
What awesome news! And your little boy is absolutely ADORABLE btw :)

SamS_TTCPink
May 29th, 2014, 07:26 PM
That's great news! Knew it would all be ok. 😉👍

odd
May 29th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Thats great :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

becky630
July 26th, 2015, 01:17 PM
So glad everything is good. I'm due on the same day.