PDA

View Full Version : Member with terminal cancer needs our help

nuthinbutpink
May 24th, 2014, 08:53 PM
This is posted in the Member HT forum but I asked if it was okay to repost in the public forum so more people may see it and help out. One of our members needs some help. Info is below from original post-

Hi everyone

I have set up a fundraising page called Matilda Mai's Project. It's for a GD friend who is very ill in order to capture some special memories for her kids.

Matilda Mai's Project - GoFundMe (http://www.gofundme.com/9gqcis)

Some of you may remember Mywill. She cycled with Dr P a while back. Her HT DD's are 2.5 yrs now and they are absolutely divine.

When the girls were little she didn't feel great - not surprising when you have twins and 3 sons as well. Sleep is in short supply and its hard work.

Turned out there was another reason she felt awful. Last year she was diagnosed with Stage 4 adenocarcinoma. It was inoperable and her prognosis was 18 months with treatment. They are pretty sure the primary cancer was in the lung (bizarre given she's a non-smoker).

Initially the chemo did impact the tumours and reduced their size and her condition has been stable. But recently she hasn't been able to have chemo because her liver function has been poor. However, she has started chemo again this week as her latest prognosis was 3 months if she continued without treatment.

The plan is to get a videographer to take some footage of her with the family to put together a DVD keepsake, especially for the twins and her younger son who is 6. Just everyday things, enjoying their pets, reading stories, all the stuff that as a busy parent you tend to take for granted everyday. And editing it to include a slideshow of family pics and vids they already have. Favourite songs, perhaps even recorded messages for the kids. Like most of us, she is always the one behind the lens and is never in any of the shots!

NBP had the great suggestion that I create a page on GoFundMe. So I have! It's a bit devoid of detail and there are no pictures. Mywill is a very private person and her husband has really been struggling to deal with her prognosis. So my details are on the page. You can pay in all different currencies and ways. Such a brilliant idea.

For any of you still reading - thank you. And for anyone who actually donates. THANK YOU! Thank you so much for helping Mywill and for helping me feel like I'm doing something useful and helpful. We live in different parts of the country so it was hard to think of a way (other than keeping in touch and chatting) to be supportive. MMx

emmake
May 25th, 2014, 10:18 AM
NBP, is there a possibility to make a financial contribution via Paypal? Something like we pay our membership on this website. Otherwise it's difficult to arrange it from Europe. Thanks for letting us know.

nuthinbutpink
May 25th, 2014, 10:21 AM
That website takes paypal. That's how I contributed.

emmake
May 25th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Ok, that's great!

LilithWiser1979
May 25th, 2014, 11:40 AM
How unimaginably awful! I'll give. I hope it gives them some small measure of comfort :(

foxymrsg
May 25th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I think what your doing is amazing Matildamai! Wish i could donate more. I hope you manage to create some wonderful memories for your friend and her lovely children. X

Boysway
May 25th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Sending love and strength to Mywill and her family. I don't know how much it will be but, I will donate when I get paid on Tuesday night.

Polli
May 25th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Sending love and prayers to Mywill and family. I can't even imagine what she is going through. It is so sad. I am very happy to donate. Thank you Matildamai. Xxxx

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2014, 09:57 AM
bump

MatildaMai
May 31st, 2014, 12:01 AM
Just thought I'd update this thread for anyone following it who is not a member in the HT section of the board.

Mywill had to go to hospital last weekend with vision problems. Although the initial CT scan came back clear, the MRI done this week showed brain mets. Not good news. But the videographer is on board and has lots of ideas to make the dvd positive and uplifting and has even offered to film any memorial service that may come to pass for free which I thought was very generous.

Thanks again everyone for all the prayers, messages of support and donations. MMx

SamS_TTCPink
May 31st, 2014, 08:53 AM
That's not good news about the results but what a generous gift from the videographer. Sending her and her family my love and prayers. xx