PDA

View Full Version : When is enough, enough?

Peebell85
May 27th, 2014, 01:12 AM
So we just found out we are having our second boy. I swayed girl and really believed it was going to be a girl. I cannot really see myself with more than two kids but despite not having terrible GD with this second boy, I still have such a strong desire for a girl. I obviously wouldnt be having a third anytime soon, but my question is it worth the risk tryingg for a third to grt a girl, or best just leaving things as they are considering my GD wasnt too bad this time. I worry my disappointment would be too much to handle next time. They dont do HT in Australia.

Junie
May 27th, 2014, 02:16 AM
I would wait to see how you feel after baby 2 joins your family. You might feel that your family is complete, or you might feel a strong desire for a third. I would never try to TTC a third if you couldn't imagine having another boy though. Congratulations on your 2nd boy, watching brothers together has been one of my favorite parts of having 2. :)

sent using tapatalk

WannaGirl
May 27th, 2014, 02:38 AM
I had a failed sway the last time and my depression was bad, decided to go Overseas and avoid anymore emotional trauma after a friend had her 4th boy...good luck with your pregnancy and what you decide in future.

atomic sagebrush
May 27th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I think that is probably different for every person. I was ok with another boy when we tried for #5...for some people the GD gets less with time, even when you have had horrible GD before (I had TERRIBLE GD with DS 3)

Mulberry Smurf
May 27th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Two boys are fantastic I have to say but I know how you feel. Only you know when it's time to close the door on your pink dream xx

SamS_TTCPink
May 27th, 2014, 10:33 PM
This is defiantly our last!! I had a hard time convincing DH to try once more and I know we wouldn't be if we weren't swaying to try to get our girl. Of course we will love another little boy if that's what happens but I figure we never "tried" for a girl before so why not give it one last go. At least if we get another boy I won't always wonder "what if" and know we at least tried.

I've never felt "done" having kids before but I do feel like this is it now.

Peebell85
May 27th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Thanks everyone, all of your comments make a lot of sense. I need to take things one at a time, and hopefully once little man comes along, my desire will subside and I'll feel done too.

Adia
May 28th, 2014, 02:25 PM
I think your age and place in life have a lot to do with it.
I have known many people who had 2 kids, waited 6/7 years and had two more. Don't shut the door if you aren't completely sure you aren't done. But like you said, taking it one major life change at a time is always a great plan!

nuthinbutpink
May 28th, 2014, 02:41 PM
HT is not legal in Australia but you can work with Genea locally and go to SART for the actual procedure so you can partly cycle in Australia.

FWIW, I think having brothers is an awesome gift for each of the boys.

motherofboys
May 30th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I think it is different for everyone and each family. I do think it's a personal choice and you just have to see where life takes you and see how you feel when you get to a time that you'd be able to ttc again.
I have 4 boys and I didn't really experience and gender desire/disappointment until I was pregnant with ds4. And it was bad. Now I am in a place where I will be swaying, but will be ok if it's a boy. I've picked his name, and put away some of my sons clothes for him, as much as I do still want a daughter I've come around to the idea of a 5 th boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk