PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down, could use some encouragement...

Trike3
May 27th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Today is a low day for me. I'm just feeling very pessimistic about ever getting a girl. I already have 1DS, and I really don't want more than 2 kids. I feel like I couldn't handle more than 2. (Just 2 is going to be a HUGE struggle, I'm sure!)
That puts all this pressure on making #2 be a girl. I'm feeling pretty low about my chances, and could use some uplifting words of encouragement to give me the confidence I need to even make the attempt.
We are just planning our sway right now and aren't even going to talk about when to TTC until mid-late summer or fall. DH didn't like the idea of HT as an option, because of cost, and he feels like we could end up with a girl anyway. (Which is true, but HES more willing to gamble with rolling the dice than I am; I'd rather hedge my bet.) Plus, I'm scared of HT. I'm worried about it damaging my or the baby's health. And I haven't sorted out my feelings about what to do with the "spare" embryos.
Any words of encouragement?

MamaLuv
May 27th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Hi Trike3...I completely understand your feelings. I'm a mom of 3 boys and I sometimes have doubts about ever getting a girl but just do all you can from your end. Swaying helps but ultimately we are not in full control of any of this. Should you have a boy and had done all you can then have peace in knowing that it was meant to be and is a part of a larger plan. Everything will be ok. As hard as it is, don't stress yourself out. They say stress sways boy too

The Anchor
May 27th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I thought 2 was my limit as well. Growing up, I never thought I would have ANY kids, lol. Got pg with my DD...and then decided I would go for my second (DH would have 5 kids if I'd co operate). I desperately wanted #2 to be a boy, so that it could be all over. I did a great Trivers Willard sway (Atomic's blog from her last IG days) and got my boy. Now I would do ANYTHING if I could have a third! :)

atomic sagebrush
May 27th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Please don't worry about HT harming health or your baby! That is not something to take into consideration. I know there is scary info online about that but it is coincidental to older, sicker people needing HT more often than younger healthier ones. skews the stats

Peebell85
May 27th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Be sure you would be fine with having a boy before trying for Number 2. I just found out I'm having my second boy and some days I'm fine about it, but like today, I'm really down thinking 'if only I'd swayed better' or 'if only I'd used more Jelly'..... I went in assuming I'd get a girl... big mistake. I couldn't handle 3 children either, so now I need to accept that I'm a boy mum, which is fine... but sad I wont be having a girl.

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I can say with every fiber of my being that it never comes down to anything other than just bad luck. No sways ever really "fail" per se, it's just that the cards don't go your way. ♥

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Trike, I thought about this all last night and I ~think~ I'm doing the right thing telling you this, but in my opinion I would urge you to look into HT more closely. I feel it's your best and safest option for getting a DD.

Trike3
May 28th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Thanks Atomic. I definitely want to fully explore it, that way I can make an intelligent and informed decision.
Some days I feel perfectly fine with "rolling the dice" and having a DS2. But until those days become the majority, I don't want to TTC. I don't want to have any feelings of regret, and I see quite a few women on there that do. ("If only we hadn't tried for #4" , "if only I'd have had a better sway") I don't want to end up feeling like that. One thing I know for sure; I'll regret not trying for a DD. So the question now is sway or HT. I'm heavily leaning towards sway, but am not writing off HT just yet.