PDA

View Full Version : 3 day or 5 day biopsy with GSN?

nancy
July 2nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hi Dr. Potter,

Are you currently doing a 3 day or 5 day biopsy with GSN?

I am signed up for 24 chromosome testing but have some concerns. What happens if I do not produce a lot of eggs (10 or less)? Will you recommend 2-probe or 5-probe?

We have been discussing this a lot lately on this board... I hope you can answer this question. It will be very helpful not only to myself but for other ladies planning to cycle with you in the near future. Thank you.

Dr. Potter
July 8th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Hi Dr. Potter,

Are you currently doing a 3 day or 5 day biopsy with GSN?

I am signed up for 24 chromosome testing but have some concerns. What happens if I do not produce a lot of eggs (10 or less)? Will you recommend 2-probe or 5-probe?

We have been discussing this a lot lately on this board... I hope you can answer this question. It will be very helpful not only to myself but for other ladies planning to cycle with you in the near future. Thank you.We are currently doing both day 3 and day 5. We are typically are doing day 3 biopsy with a re-biopsy of those at high risk for mosaicism on day 5. Regarding what probe is right for you, I would say that you can always decide once you know how you are responding or even after you know how many eggs you have. If you send GSN blood ahead of time, you can always change your mind even up to day 3. For those with good responses, GSN results in a higher pregnancy rate per transfer than 2 or 5 probe.

nancy
July 11th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Thank you!

Dr. Potter
September 19th, 2011, 03:06 PM
my pleasure