PDA

View Full Version : No heart beat at 11 weeks when everything seemed fine

Pinkmeup
May 28th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Hey ladies,
Never thought I would be posting here, seems so wrong. I was so excited to be expecting our fifth baby this December. Had a dating scan at 6 weeks that showed just one baby with a beating heart and was over the moon. Since then I have felt nauseous and exhausted, but good, and have been getting bigger. So was absolutely shocked when, after having v mild cramping and slightest amount of brown discharge on Monday they did a scan which showed no heart beat and that the baby had died at 7 weeks!! I cannot understand how I had no symptoms, no bleeding or any indication whatsoever that anything was wrong. Seems so unbelievably cruel. I don't know if I will have the strength to start all over again and risk going through this again.... I wonder if it's because I was strongly swaying pink. But i did all the right things too. Was taking folic acid and eating well as soon as I got that BFP. I'm so upset and so grateful to have my four sweet boys. They are also upset that they wont be getting their baby brother or sister for christmas as they were with me and know everything. Not fair is it? Should I try again soon as I can or count my blessings and forget my dream of having a daughter one day?

onlythelonely
May 28th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Hi

I know what you are feeling as I have had two losses 1st at 11 wks and 2nd at 19wks and both were missed miscarriages in which the baby had passed 3 weeks before I found out. I also found that the hardest part for me was knowing that I had no idea things had gone wrong.

I also have 4 boys, and it is difficult for them to understand what went wrong but they were also my saving grace in that they move forward so quickly and provide a good distraction of sorts.

I would do want ever you feel is right for you and your family. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

essnce629
May 28th, 2014, 05:14 AM
I have no advice but just wanted to say that I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

nuthinbutpink
May 28th, 2014, 06:23 AM
I am so sorry.

deaks66
May 28th, 2014, 07:20 AM
So sorry. In some case our bodies just seem to hang onto everything for a long time after. Must be something to do with the speed at which our bodies cotton on to the HB stopping and then the hormones taking a while to drop leading to the start of bleeding. Don't give up on your dream, just take it easy and then start again.

Dana-Alicia
May 28th, 2014, 07:50 AM
So sorry for your loss. You should do what you think is right for you and your family. You don't have to decide now, take your time to grieve mama. Big hugs!

Mrs_Incredible
May 28th, 2014, 09:11 AM
So sorry for your loss hugs xxx

6bluewant1pink
May 28th, 2014, 11:50 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

The Anchor
May 28th, 2014, 12:12 PM
I'm so sorry, a m/c is an awful thing to go through, I hope you are able to find peace somehow.

kitkat18
May 29th, 2014, 09:49 PM
I'm so sorry pinkmeup take some time out to grieve then see how you feel about trying again , hope you have lots of support and hugs xxxx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Lulabell
May 30th, 2014, 01:10 AM
So sorry to hear! I found out at 9 weeks that my baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks. I still hadn't miscarried by 10.5 weeks so had to have misoprostol induction. I'm still bleeding 3 weeks later! I think I'll have more closure once it's done and over with. I hope you find your closure too, however you need to.

flowerlily
May 30th, 2014, 08:48 AM
I'm so sorry! :( What a horrible thing to go through!:(

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk