PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation day

swish
July 3rd, 2011, 02:24 AM
I am trying not to stress as I am really late ovulating this cycle. Can anyone tell me if they have ovulated late and what cycle day it was. I'm hoping this will help me calm down!!! I am currently on cd 23 and still haven't ovulated yet. Has anyone ovulated that late? Thanks!

zanacal
July 3rd, 2011, 03:40 AM
Oh swish, I really feel for you. When have you ovulated previous cycles and have you taken any new supps this month? Last month, my first month on Vitex, I ovulated on CD 19 and have been a CD14 gal for as long as I've noticed these things. I'm expecting something different again this month with the addition of Saw P.

Just a thought, are you taking Vitex and are you still taking it? I didn't know when I'd O last month so I stopped taking the Vitex after 2 weeks and I O'd a couple of days later. Do you think it's worth stopping it for this cycle if you're taking it? Atomic may have an idea about this.

swish
July 3rd, 2011, 04:00 AM
Thanks zanacl! I am taking saw palmetto as well this month so that might be dealing it more. I have actually stopped vitex and sp 2 das ago as I thought that might help, I hope so!!!! As long as I am actually going to v then that's fine. On the hunt for rephresh once shops open, fun, fun, fun!!!!!

DoulaMama
July 3rd, 2011, 04:14 AM
Just the past 2 cycles I've O'd on days 21 and 28! I'm just getting my cycles back from breastfeeding so this has been normal for me at this point. I conceived DS2 and DS3 on cycles where I didn't ovulate until cycle day 21+. I hope it happens soon for you! Fx'd!!!

zanacal
July 3rd, 2011, 04:19 AM
Thanks zanacl! I am taking saw palmetto as well this month so that might be dealing it more. I have actually stopped vitex and sp 2 das ago as I thought that might help, I hope so!!!! As long as I am actually going to v then that's fine. On the hunt for rephresh once shops open, fun, fun, fun!!!!!

I think it sounds like a good plan and I hope it works. Good luck finding Rephresh x

rainbowflower
July 3rd, 2011, 05:57 AM
I ovulated on CD21 with my DS

swish
July 3rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
Thanks ladies!

Indira
July 3rd, 2011, 09:08 AM
Oh I´m so sorry swish, I know how frustrating that is. I thought I didn´t O last month but in the end I did, on Cd 20 instead of Cd 11-12 as I did before. For a couple of times I had a temp drop but then just a one day rise, it was a messy cycle!
I´m so glad AF turn up yesterday, I was on holiday without computer just writing my temps down, so had no FF to help understand and then AF never showed up so I was so ggggrrr!!
I think my estrogen was really low and it took my body a couple of weeks to make up enough estr. to O.
But what is interesting is that I took Saw Palmetto only CD1-CD7 to avoid O arriving late (it arrived two days later the month before when I took Sp from CD1 till O), on CD 8 I started peppermint tea and i think the two messed up things.
Now I´ve dropped peppermint tea all together and will take SP up to O every other day :nails:

I also felt like I would never O but I did in the end, I really think you will too. And when you will, I think your sway is really good hormonewise.

swish
July 3rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Thank you, indira!!! That makes me feel alot better. I only have 1 cup of peppermint tea a day but perhaps I should drop that too!

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I am trying not to stress as I am really late ovulating this cycle. Can anyone tell me if they have ovulated late and what cycle day it was. I'm hoping this will help me calm down!!! I am currently on cd 23 and still haven't ovulated yet. Has anyone ovulated that late? Thanks!

I have def. ovulated that late on a couple months when I wasn't trying or taking supps at all. I had lost some weight and was exercising a lot. My cycle came back normal right afterwards even though I didn't gain weight...sometimes your bod just thinks it needs a break.

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Oh swish, I really feel for you. When have you ovulated previous cycles and have you taken any new supps this month? Last month, my first month on Vitex, I ovulated on CD 19 and have been a CD14 gal for as long as I've noticed these things. I'm expecting something different again this month with the addition of Saw P.

Just a thought, are you taking Vitex and are you still taking it? I didn't know when I'd O last month so I stopped taking the Vitex after 2 weeks and I O'd a couple of days later. Do you think it's worth stopping it for this cycle if you're taking it? Atomic may have an idea about this.

It is always totally up to you when to start and stop vitex. If you find it delays your O, try taking it for only 10 days instead of the full 2 weeks.

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Oh I´m so sorry swish, I know how frustrating that is. I thought I didn´t O last month but in the end I did, on Cd 20 instead of Cd 11-12 as I did before. For a couple of times I had a temp drop but then just a one day rise, it was a messy cycle!
I´m so glad AF turn up yesterday, I was on holiday without computer just writing my temps down, so had no FF to help understand and then AF never showed up so I was so ggggrrr!!
I think my estrogen was really low and it took my body a couple of weeks to make up enough estr. to O.
But what is interesting is that I took Saw Palmetto only CD1-CD7 to avoid O arriving late (it arrived two days later the month before when I took Sp from CD1 till O), on CD 8 I started peppermint tea and i think the two messed up things.
Now I´ve dropped peppermint tea all together and will take SP up to O every other day :nails:

I also felt like I would never O but I did in the end, I really think you will too. And when you will, I think your sway is really good hormonewise.

I hate to say this because then a ton of people panic but I tend to agree...although short/long cycles are not believed to sway either way and both boys and girls are conceived in all different types of cycles, I think it can be a good sign for a pink sway to suddenly go from being superregular to having wonky cycles.