PDA

View Full Version : IUI/sway for over 40

Keshet
May 29th, 2014, 08:43 AM
I am not sure where to post, because this is somewhat of both a HT and LT question. I went for a consultation after multiple ivf failures and a natural sway miscarriage. My older age and possibly very high doses of meds that I was given are a factor. The doctor at this clinic is recommending iui as the next best option to get me pg. this is a highly respected dr at a great clinic that doesn't do gender selection. I am told that I would only have a <1% chance of conceiving naturally, and a 10% chance with iui or ivf. With iui I would be able to afford more cycles, and that's why the dr. Thinks it may be more effective for me. I am about ready to give it a try. But is there anything that we can do to help sway an iui? Is it true that microsort with iui would probably not work? I really need to get pg at this age and would feel blessed to get a either gender...but I do hope for a girl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
May 29th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Microsort is no longer available in the US.

The pregnancy rates are extremely low so at your age I would never use it.

The Anchor
May 29th, 2014, 11:07 AM
^^^What NBP said. I actually did do an IUI medicated, I am the same age as you. I learned after the fact that they did not hold high expectations for a positive outcome. The problem is that getting the sperm to meet the egg isn't usually the issue, the fact is that our eggs are old and we have to wait out the one golden egg. GL to you!

Keshet
May 29th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Did the iui work for you? Are you still trying?

The Anchor
May 29th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Did the iui work for you? Are you still trying?

We're still trying. No meds. My RE (who I think has given up on me, lol) said the meds just increase the follicle count, but still don't guarantee quality. I am doing acu and herbs now. Haven't given up yet!

nuthinbutpink
May 29th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Have you tried DHEA?

The Anchor
May 29th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Have you tried DHEA?

My clinic here in Canada "doesn't believe in it", and no doc will give me a prescription. So frustrating, and unfair! Like, let me just try it you know, can it do any harm at this point?

Hey NBP, would it be against the rules for me to post a thread asking if any US ladies out there would be interested in shipping me some "vitamins" under the radar?

Keshet
May 29th, 2014, 01:24 PM
It's really amazing how I have gone from GD to just wanting anything. It all changed so quickly for me when I realized how slim the chances are for me. Is DHEA not available over the counter or online?

The Anchor
May 29th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Yes, I'll take any baby at this point :)

In the US and some Euro countries you can walk in the local health food store and get DHEA. It's by prescription only here in Canada...

nuthinbutpink
May 29th, 2014, 02:30 PM
So does GNC not ship to you?

The Anchor
May 29th, 2014, 02:35 PM
No, can't get it shipped here. Even if I got a supplier to give it a shot at my expense (I've tried!) it would most likely be seized at customs. Like, what the hell Canada?

blueeyedguys
June 7th, 2014, 05:30 AM
There are a couple companies that ship DHEA into Canada, but I don't know how reliable they are.... I've been trying to figure out how to get it for dh's medical issues.

It's utterly ridiculous & frustrating we can't easily get it here.