PDA

View Full Version : bbyblues1221's TTC a Girl Sway.....and It worked!

bbyblues1221
May 31st, 2014, 01:50 AM
So, I decided to write my sway down as we were trying, but didn't want to post until we found out the sex...WELL....IT'S a GIRL :DD: :)...confirmed on Wednesday at my 20 week scan...I FINALLY saw the 3 lines :). For every boy mom out there, it IS possible :)...I know I didn't think it was lol. Thank-you to everyone on here for your time and patience. This is a very resourceful, and supportive group. I posted my "boy lifestyle" in the boy section on this site, as I swayed boys with both of mine and didn't even know it...until of course I found you guys :). Here's my sway:

bbyblues 1221’s TTC a girl Sway

Gender Result:
GIRL

DW Age:

DH Age:

Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy aged 3.5
Boy aged 1.5

Number of Months TTC

Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No

DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes

If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
LE(Low Everything) with a few cheats

Comments regarding DW's diet changes
-Things I cut back completely which were huge part of my daily diet: bananas, milk, most dairy, red meat, all kinds of meat, eggs, nuts, fish oil, stopped all supps except folic.
-Started Weight Watchers in April 2013 for weight loss
-no breakfast from middle of August 2013 to BFP on February 14/14
-no snacking
Then in August 2013, lowering nutrients and continued to lose weight (was bringing in 1400 calories/day on WW)
- I smoked a fair bit up to TTC (did with my boys too though)

If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
WW 9 months
Decent LE for 5 months (minor cheats...by the end it was getting very hard)

Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes

Did DH change his diet with you?
Cut out red meat October 2013

Comments regarding DH's diet.
Didn’t eat breakfast regularly; main meal was dinner; He ate red meat twice from Oct-February (then had a HUGE red meat dinner the night of our BFP LOL)
-Smokes a pack day
-Drinks alcohol 2-3 drinks a week
-He drinks 2-3, if not more, coffees a day

Did you consume alcohol?
Yes…2-3 a week…with the odd time going over that 

Did you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly (A LOT of it—NEVER drank it with my boys)…I actually changed this to mimic my mom’s diet when she was TTC (she had two girls)
Drank some diet Pepsi too
Excedrin Migraine has 65 mg of caffeine in each pill too

Any Diet Details?
I tried to stick to the foods with lower nutrients. Ate lots of veggies, red pepper, iceberg lettuce, cucumber (no skin)…my lunch every day for months was bagged iceburg lettuce with a little low fat dressing).
But then in month before my attempt I had a few different foods not really allowed (pastas with red sauce-used less sauce) I was a little more relaxed before attempt, because of the length of the diet and cause I wasn’t getting pregnant. I had lost 60 lbs leading up to my BFP (went from 234-174 in 9 months) Counted protein, fat and calories to begin with, but had an idea how much after some time, as I stuck to the same foods a lot of the time. Barely ever ate sweets. LOADS of coffee in the AM to hold me over until lunch (this was soooo hard cuz I am such a breakfast person…hence the two boys). Fasted from 7pm-12pm the next day EVERY DAY from August/13-February/14 (did the 2 WW too)

Breakfast-none
Lunch-usually an iceburg lettuce salad with peeled cucumbers and white mushrooms…either low fat dressing, or balsamic vinegar/spices and a little oil as dressing
No snacking
Dinner-veggies with pasta or other carbs….very little meat…iceburg lettuce salad
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
I think I made a huge change to my diet, it was very boy friendly to begin with. I always ate breakfast, lunch and supper with some snacks…I also stopped taking my numerous vitamins (multi-vitamin, omegas, Vit D, calcium/mag, Vit C, and garlic) and stuck to 1mg of folic acid from Aug-beginning of January/14…then I switched it to 2mg of folic the month we conceived (I continued with 2mg until the start of the second trimester)

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE

What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
176 lbs…previous pre-conception weight was 230 lbs (with my two boys)…I had lost 60 lbs before BFP on Weight Watchers, but I was still slightly overweight (this concerned me cuz most people I saw on here who were conceiving girls were a lot lighter than I was)

Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
Couch potato-I couldn’t do the exercise requirements to conceive a girl so I chose to not do any at all (which is how I was with the boys too and this kind of worried me)

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
N/A Didn’t want to obsess so I didn’t do it

Any VG potions used?
- We BD’d through O this month, as we weren’t getting pregnant just doing it once with abstain
- RepHresh every 2-3 days leading up to fertile time and ½ application 12 hrs before DTD (1st time) and ½ right after (Friday)
-Full applicator on Monday morning too (3 days later) – see my BD “Schedule” below for an explanation

CM pH at attempt
N/A-I didn’t test it because I didn’t want to become obsessed and raise my testosterone (I am high strung enough lol)

DH pH
N/A

How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?

BD Dates according to Ovulation
Day before O or two days before (Friday night)
Skipped Saturday (no RepHresh) – this day or Sunday was O day.
DTD Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night (usually around 10-11pm)

Any additional comments?
Had ovulation cramping for 1 day before 1st attempt (Fri)…it was gone by Monday afternoon (still DTD Monday and Tuesday night…I wanted to hit O)

THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers
We did a 12 day abstain for the Friday attempt…then hubby switched and did compressed frequent release…so for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night’s attempts he released that morning and we DTD that night (and tried one other time to release in there…it was getting difficult cuz it started interfering with us DTD :( poor DH). On Saturday (the one night we didn’t DTD, he released twice that day to keep it up :happy: )

BD Position
Me on top and missionary (we had multiple attempts)

Did you Jump and Dump?
No, I was doing it the previous months TTC and wasn’t getting preggo (using both RepHresh and J&D)…I laid there for 5-10 mins with my knees bent each time we DTD

Any relevant attempt details?
No Jump and dump
No Big O
Used some “non-sperm” friendly lube (most over-the-counter lube aren’t sperm friendly)..not Sylk tho

SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements
o Antihistamines (once in a while but it was drying out my throat a lot so stopped a week before DTD))
o folic acid (2mg the month we conceived)
o Regular user of Excedrin Migraine for headaches (contains higher dose of aspirin)
o Synthroid for hypothyroidism (the months leading up to my BFP, I had lost so much weight and I should have lowered my Synthroid dosage, but didn’t…when I tested my TSH in January (beginning) it was .01…normal is .2-4….so I guess I had become hyperthyroid because the dose was too high)

DH Supplements
- cranberry 2 a day (17,000 equiv approx.)-he says he took it “regularly” no other vits though…the antihistamines were giving him a bleeding nose a lot

Any additional supplement info?

Crystal light 1-3 servings every few days.
Did you do anything with Ions?
Had a negative ion machine on my night stand for 8 months prior to attempt…had one at work by the computer
Had a fan blowing on me at work by the computer and while I slept
Bought a salt rock lamp and put it in the living room

Moon Phase during conception?
Last quarter, waning cresent

Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
Wooden spoon under the bed, girly socks/shirt under the bed, pink ribbon under my pillow…positive thoughts and prayers.

Things that make me feel great about my sway:
diet and weight loss.
My DH’s lowered testosterone (my guesses)…from his doing “his part”
minimal nutrients and no added supplements…just folic
Started drinking coffee in April every morn….never did this with my boys (acidic I heard)
That we DTD through O to up our chances at getting a BFP

Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I was not super strict on diet toward the end cuz it was hard and I wasn’t getting preggo, had some cheats now and then.
Not knowing exactly when O day was (I wanted to try O+12)-I stopped using the OPK after month two because I was becoming obsessed and we weren’t getting preggo
Did not use any other swaying supplements (Like Cal/mag, vitex, fibre, SP, etc.)…just folic acid
Gained maybe 2 lbs in the month leading up to TTC

Things worth mentioning:
I really wanted to lose weight in advance (for health mainly, but my GP told me it does help with TTC a girl), as I was 234 lbs at 5’6” (obese BMI). I eased into the LE diet starting in July and continued to lose weight (60 lbs total at DTD). Stopped taking my vitamins (prenatal, 1000IU Vit D, Calcium/mag, Omega 3 pills, garlic—all daily) about 7 months before DTD.I took all of these when I conceived both boys. So, I decided to just take 1mg folic acid to start (then 2mg the month we conceived).
But I gave all I could give and I did get pregnant with a DD :happy:…this is our final baby.
Thanks to everyone for the advice! I love this site and will recommend it to anyone trying to sway (and have done so a lot already ). Pink dust to everyone TTC a girl .

SamS_TTCPink
May 31st, 2014, 02:05 AM
Congrats! How exciting. Enjoy pink shopping.

bbyblues1221
May 31st, 2014, 02:08 AM
Thanks, MomofSix...pink dust to you also :)

maidentomother
May 31st, 2014, 06:15 AM
Quite a sway, congrats! It sounds like you probably had only one attempt in your fertile period, IMO - I.e. on O day, with the other attempts after.

stephk
May 31st, 2014, 07:03 AM
Wow congrats!

granddaughter
May 31st, 2014, 09:23 PM
Congrats

Christi
May 31st, 2014, 11:45 PM
Congrats! That looks like a great sway! After many months of not getting pregnant, you were finally able to persevere! That is wonderful! Have fun shopping for all those adorable pink outfits and accessories!!

MyByC
June 1st, 2014, 06:28 PM
Uau. Congrats. That sounds like a really hard effort.
Wonderful :-)

atomic sagebrush
June 4th, 2014, 10:42 AM
so happy for you!!! huge congrats!

onebigwish
June 4th, 2014, 03:58 PM
love your sway! congratz !

luckyfourleafclover
June 4th, 2014, 04:21 PM
congrats

jmb848
June 5th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Yay! Congrats on getting your baby girl :babyf:

bbyblues1221
June 6th, 2014, 02:03 AM
Thank you so much, everyone. Honestly, we are still in shock...I probably won't believe it until I hold her in my arms :). I honestly believe if I wouldn't have found this site and found such great info (and had great support) I wouldn't be in this position. Our family is now complete. Thanks to everyone and extra pink dust to everyone ttc pink!

Hopingforaprincess
June 6th, 2014, 02:39 AM
Congrats!!!! This gives me so much hope!!

foxymrsg
June 9th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Massive congrats!

sweetdream
June 9th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Congrats!

kitkat18
June 9th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Awesome sway!! Enjoy her xx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk