PDA

View Full Version : OPK question

missxo143
June 3rd, 2014, 01:35 PM
I used the clinical guard ovulations tests, yesterday morning 10am it was positive, but I tested it again at 3pm and it was negative. This morning at 9am and this afternnon around 1:30pm and it said postive. Why would that happen?

The Anchor
June 3rd, 2014, 01:56 PM
I'm thinking that the afternoon urine was too diluted to pick up the +. It's also entirely possible for you to surge twice, if ovulation didn't occur the first time.

missxo143
June 3rd, 2014, 02:21 PM
Thats what I was thinking, but I am still new to all this so i Wasnt sure, Thank you :)

missxo143
June 3rd, 2014, 02:25 PM
Just re read your post, I didnt know I could surge twice. Thanks for teaching me something new :)

The Anchor
June 3rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
Probably more likely that your afternoon urine was diluted, but it IS possible. Are you attempting this cycle?

missxo143
June 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
I thibk thats what it was also, I am going to test again tomorrow morning and see. We are not ttc until August. I just had my IUD removed in May so I am trying to chart and see what my body is doing and how long my cycle will be simce we are swaying for a girl. I have been also charting my BBT on FF :) and trying to do a LE diet

missxo143
June 4th, 2014, 08:02 AM
I tested this morning and got another positive, 3 days in a row.. hmm

SamS_TTCPink
June 4th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I've just had 6 days of pos opk's with only one negative the whole time and then they were negative today?!??!! I have no idea what's going on and it's driving me batty too!

missxo143
June 4th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Oh wow thats a lot of pos days lol.. i started testing the day aftrr AF ended bc I wasnt sure how my cycle is goimg to be since IUD removal.. What OPK brand are you useing?

SamS_TTCPink
June 4th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I am using some off a site called Fertility to Family, which had great reviews. All our previous months though I was using some from The Pregnancy Shop so not sure if the change of brand has something to do with it?!? Driving me bonkas though cause I have no idea when I ovulated so no idea how many DPO I am. 😕

missxo143
June 4th, 2014, 09:44 PM
That is confusing, i read that the clincal guard brand can pick it up 24hrs before so that probably why mine keep saying positive i am going to test again tomorrow morning and see. Hopefully you can figure yours out :/

missxo143
June 5th, 2014, 07:39 AM
So I have another POS OPK this morning, I am so confused

SamS_TTCPink
June 5th, 2014, 08:35 AM
It's so frustrating isn't it!?

missxo143
June 5th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Yes it is :/ im not even going to test anymore til jext cycle. I gotta try and stay relaxed and not worry about stuff :)

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Your urine doesn't always have the same amount of LH in it and I suspect the amount of hormone in your urine was just not enough to detect in the test that was an opposite.

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2014, 11:05 AM
That is confusing, i read that the clincal guard brand can pick it up 24hrs before so that probably why mine keep saying positive i am going to test again tomorrow morning and see. Hopefully you can figure yours out :/

All OPK can pick up the LH 24-36 hours before you ovulate. It doesn't matter how long they stay positive for.

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2014, 11:06 AM
So I have another POS OPK this morning, I am so confused

Vitex has caused this for a few people if you are taking that. What I would do is just have unprotected sex every 4 days thru the rest of the cycle to cover the bases in case these pos OPK have been fakers. The odds are that you have already ovulated.

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I thibk thats what it was also, I am going to test again tomorrow morning and see. We are not ttc until August. I just had my IUD removed in May so I am trying to chart and see what my body is doing and how long my cycle will be simce we are swaying for a girl. I have been also charting my BBT on FF :) and trying to do a LE diet

Since you're charting you will be able to look back and see what did happen, but I do want you to go in aware that just because things happened in a particular way this month, it doesn't mean that pattern will hold in future months!

missxo143
June 8th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Atomic

I'm not taking vitex, thought about it but decided not too. I am worried aboit not having a nornal cycle, but I think I read that un "normal" cycles are better for swaying pink. I have been charting my BBT, but some morning's I take my temp earlier than others, I have a soon to be 1yr old who is teething and hasn't been sleeping well.. but I do believe I got my ovulation on the chart matched with when FF said I should ovulate and the POS OPKs :) since we arent TTC until August I am looking forward to AF arriving to see how my body is adjusting to my IUD removal :) Thanks for your replys :)

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Keep us posted!

missxo143
June 25th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Good Morning,

AF arrived June 19th and lasted til June 23rd thats very short for me Before my last son I usually had AF for 7-8 days.. I will start OPKs within the next week.. I did had CM this morning, can not wait for August to get here! :)

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Well, it's more that it was pretty darn long before!! Both are in normal range so I wouldn't worry about it, it's normal for menstual cycle to change over time.

missxo143
June 27th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Okay good :) Thank you

missxo143
July 1st, 2014, 04:45 PM
Atomic,
I had ovulation pains last night so I did an OPK it was +, did another today and also +.. on FF i was due to ovulate july 7th.. i have never tracked my cycles before what would this mean? If this good or bad for trying to sway for a girl?

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2014, 11:02 AM
WHat CD are you??

Swaying can change cycles, and my recommendation is always BD at pos OPK.

if you've always had one kind of thing happening in cycle, and all of a sudden you're having something else happen, I generally take that as a good sign for a sway.

missxo143
July 2nd, 2014, 02:54 PM
I am on CD 14.

I am definitely going to since that is getting the best results: ) (BD at +OPK)

I have never payed attention to my cycle, just how long AF lasted.. but i have never really been regular.. hope it helps my sway :)

Thanks Atomic!

atomic sagebrush
July 3rd, 2014, 11:58 AM
yes def. be in with attempt!!

missxo143
July 3rd, 2014, 03:34 PM
Thank you!