PDA

View Full Version : VBA2C?!?

kellbell827
June 4th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Hi ladies! So I am going for a consultation on 6/10 w/ a new doctor who will allow me to VBAC after 2 c-sections. I have been going back and forth in my mind for a while now about how badly I want to do a natural birth, especially since we have decided to have #4 at some point down the road. My last c-section was a relatively easy experience but just the thought of having another major surgery & recovering with 3 little ones at home is a little daunting. Has anyone had this experience? I am feeling so torn and I know it is a big decision because there are risks either way.

angielorna
June 4th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Oh my goodness. I'm so happy you found a doctor who is at least willing to try! I'm hoping to do a VBA2C and started a thread about it awhile back. I can't answer your question, but I will post a link to the answers I received (and hopefully it will help somewhat).

Good luck in your decision making process!
Angie

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/42213-vba2c.html

Abifasc
June 4th, 2014, 10:24 AM
I haven't had a c-section, but my friend just had a VBA2C, it was a home water birth and it was beautiful!

kellbell827
June 4th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Thanks girls! I am so excited to talk with this doctor. My current OB practice, who I actually really like, just completely shut me down on this so I truly didn't even think it was an option but then I started to do some research and realized that it was if I am a candidate. We'll see what happens and will definitely update after the appointment next week! Excited to hear about anyone else's experiences, I know this is a big decision and more than anything, I am so scared to try and then not be able to do it! :worry:

Dreamofpink
June 4th, 2014, 01:08 PM
I had a VBA2C in Dec with ds3 & discussed it in Angielorna's thread :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

kellbell827
June 11th, 2014, 10:34 AM
So, I went with DH to the consultation with the OB who will allow me to VBA2C yesterday. He was very nice and actually said I am a very good candidate! I am trying to decide what to do! I thought the appointment would help but it actually has me feeling a bit more torn!

Rosie85
June 11th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I would do it. Just do it in a high risk level hospital. If your uterus ruptures they have 15 minutes to save the baby so they would wheel you down to the operating room and whisk him right out. If the hospital isn't equipped to do that...then pass.

TishTashTosh
June 11th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I had a VBA2C and am so glad I did ..... Not an easy experience but no regrets!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk