PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Sway - planning to start TTC pink in August!

daydrmbelievr
June 7th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Hi Ladies,
Can you look at my sway and let me know what you think. I have two wonderful sons, but DH and I desperately want a daughter to complete our family :DD:
We plan to start TTC in August. July will be a "test" month for the repHresh or AciJel (which should I do, LOL?)

DW Age: 33, DH Age: 34

Diet plan? I am going to restrict red meat, potatoes, and bananas. I will cut back on high-nutrient foods, but I don't know if I can commit to “low everything”. I will eat more skim dairy and low-acidic vegetables.
With my previous pregnancies, I ate a lot of protein when I conceived, and was always on a multivitamin. I will reduce protein this time around, and I am not taking multivitamins.

Did you skip breakfast regularly? Yes

Did DH change his diet with you? No

Alcohol? Maybe a little wine a couple times a week.

Caffeine? Max of one cup of coffee a day

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O? BMI of around 20/21
When I conceived DS2, I was categorized as 'underweight' by my midwife because I was a long-distance runner.

Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments? I will stick to cardio and try not to build muscle mass.

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
BD Dates according to Ovulation
I was planning to do the cutoff method, but decided to DTD frequently throughout my cycle. I know for a fact that DS2 was conceived on O day.

Potions: I cannot decide between RepHresh or AciJel to regulate pH. I would like to avoid douching or lime tampons if possible.

THE DEED INFO
BD Position: Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? Planning to

SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements –
I plan to take the following supplements from AF-O:
Calcium/Magnesium combo
Cranberry or baby Aspirin (what are thoughts here?)
Peppermint tea
I will take these my entire cycle:
Spironolactone (which lowers T, can raise potassium)– I am on this for hairloss. My midwife and dermatologist told me it is safe to continue until I get the BFP. I will confirm with a pharmacist prior to TTC. I will drink lots of water (and Crystal Light) to combat the potassium rise.

Ions?
I have a negative ion bracelet that I wear constantly. Also have a rock salt lamp next to my bed. We leave our windows open and have a nice breeze. Our bathroom opens into the master, so it is possible that moisture from the shower ends up in the bedroom. I also use lavender spray and lotions.

Old Wives Tales?
Spoon under the mattress, baby girl outfit under mattress

Things that make me feel great about my*sway: The spironolactone (to reduce T) and repHresh (or AciJel).

Things that make me nervous about my*sway: #3 is it for us and we really want a girl! I am most nervous about not doing the diet 100%.

What changes should I make? Comments? :)

WantingPink
June 8th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Why does not doing the diet make you nervous? Do you feel like you are following the principles of the diet? Are you planning on adding any alcohol? I wouldn't get too hung up on pH, I would focus more on low nutrient foods. I had a much more acidic diet when I got my girls. Hope you get your girl!!

daydrmbelievr
June 8th, 2014, 11:12 AM
I am just nervous that if I don't follow the diet 100% and I don't get my girl, I will have regrets.
But, I know myself and I know that I will turn into an irritable beast on such a restricted diet.
I am thinking that going more vegetarian and eliminating the really high nutrient items (like avocado, boooo) from my diet will be about as far as I can go without losing my mind :)

As for alcohol, I usually drink some wine (or maybe good beer) a couple of times a week, especially since it's summertime.

What did you do in regards to alcohol? When you say you had a more 'acidic' diet, what were the main foods that you ate? Did you skip breakfast habitually?

Thank you for your reply and congrats on girly girl #2!!!