PDA

View Full Version : Morning sickness and gender questions

Heaveninateacup
June 9th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Hi all, preg with third and so confused....swayed like crazy for a baby girl to complete our family. While I was so so sick with my two boys (hospitalise with first and moderately ill with second) I am now seven weeks and despite a couple of days of slight queasiness nothing really....so confused as the studies say that most occurrences of bad ms come from girl pregnancies.....please help me shed some light on this....of course I am so happy not to be sick just surprised and perplexed!

Pink rose 76
June 9th, 2014, 07:04 AM
I wouldn't bank on it being a boy yet! I was also pretty sick with each of my boys and a lot of my friends who had boys first were too. A few of them that are having/ had girls have all had hardly any sickness! So, I think you can never tell. Fingers crossed x

ever hopeful
June 9th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Sadly you can't tell with MS - I felt just the same with my DD as I did with my three boys (luckily no MS) Good luck though xx

bunnywabbit
June 9th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I've have no morning sickness with this pregnancy at all and am expecting a boy. Several of my friends have had horrible MS and also had boys. I hope you get your little pink bundle x

dloui128
June 9th, 2014, 09:42 AM
I had no ms with my girls and some with my boy

atomic sagebrush
June 9th, 2014, 10:41 AM
The studies DO NOT say that "most instances of bad ms come from girl pregnancies". That's totally untrue. There is a slightly higher rate of hyperemesis in girl pregnancies but it's only like 1-3% higher (sorry I just moved and haven't brought my studies from my old house or I'd give you the exact number). I know TONS of women who had hyperemesis with their boy pregnancies.

Regular morning sickness tells nothing about gender and that has been proven in studies too. It's only the miniscule difference in rates of hyperemesis.

I had the least amount of MS with my girl and one of my boys. My other three boys I was much sicker. I also know several people who were not sick with their girls.

WantingPink
June 9th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I was very sick with my boys. DS1 felt sick until 6 months. With DS2 I got fluids several times and was puking until 7 months. MS has been much better with the girls. I puked a few times with DD1 and with this one haven't puked at all and MS got much better at 10 weeks with this one. With both my girls the MS has been practically nonexistent by 15 weeks.

The girls bad morning sickness thing I think is just a wives tale. It was one of the many wives tale reasons I really thought DS2 was a girl and had really bad GD.

LilithWiser1979
June 9th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I had moderate ms with DS1, puked until 20 weeks with DS2, and only some mild nausea with this one... and it's a girl!

atomic sagebrush
June 9th, 2014, 04:28 PM
No one read too much into this, but so many of us boy mamas seem to get girls finally and have less morning sickness than we did with our boys, I have to admit I"m honestly wondering if this old wives tale could even be bass-ackwards! ;)

Two others who had little to no MS with girls after having it with their boys are Snips and snails and Meeks32.

essnce629
June 9th, 2014, 05:18 PM
I was sooooo sick with both boys (vomiting so forcefully I'd pee all over at the same time!!!!!) With DS2 I was sick till the 26 week mark! My best friend has 2 boys as well and had bad m/s with both. I have 3 best friends with 2 girls each and none of them had very much m/s. Maybe some queasiness or dry heaving, but no throwing up at all.

Hoping if I get pregnant with a girl I'll have much less m/s!

sugarNspice
June 9th, 2014, 07:30 PM
I had less morning sickness with this one than with any other pregnancy that went past the first few weeks, and it's another girl. Was convinced at first that it would be a boy because I was so much less sick than I'd been with DD#1 and DD#2, but honestly, you just can't tell.

Prayingpink
June 9th, 2014, 07:47 PM
I had awful ms with ds1 and threw up everything I consumed for 4 months. With ds2 I had none. I don't even remember ever feeling sick. I was convinced he was a girl because my pregnancy symptoms were so different! This time I have pretty bad ms. Throwing up so much that I even throw up stomache acid when there's nothing left in my system. But this time I'm 14 weeks and it's almost totally gone. From my experience you just can't tell

Heaveninateacup
June 9th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Thanks so much everyone for your responses...so lovely to have so many people reassure me. Will enjoy this relatively nausea free pregnancy and consider it a gift after three pregnancies with severe sickness (one ended in miscarriage).
So relieved that this seems to be another positive indicator that I am carrying a baby girl!

Dynazyme
June 10th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Donīt worry! It seems to be differnt to your other pregnancies. So mayby the gender is also different!! Think positive!

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks so much everyone for your responses...so lovely to have so many people reassure me. Will enjoy this relatively nausea free pregnancy and consider it a gift after three pregnancies with severe sickness (one ended in miscarriage).
So relieved that this seems to be another positive indicator that I am carrying a baby girl!

??? it is NOT an indicator about your baby's gender. You are reading way too much into what we said. SICKNESS DOES NOT INDICATE GENDER. Doesn't mean it's a boy, doesn't mean it's a girl. Many of us had sickness in one pg and not another, with the same gender kids. I had about the same level of sickness withmy 2nd son as I did with my daughter. The point I was trying to make is that you don't need to be sick with a girl for it to be a girl.

Mrsandmama
June 12th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I had TERRIBLE MS with my boys- worse with my youngest. With my daughter, only some sickness here and there and not bad at all!

carebear1st
June 13th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I had no morning sickness at all with my boys, I didn't even feel pregnant until I was feeling movement. I did have one loss don't know the gender and had some with that, got up in the mornings and felt sick. I'm not convinced sickness is connected because all but two of the females in my family haven't got morning sickness and there is a mixture of boys and girls. The two that did, one was having twin boys and the other has 4 girls and was seriously sick(hospitalised) with each.

Heaveninateacup
June 19th, 2014, 04:24 AM
??? it is NOT an indicator about your baby's gender. You are reading way too much into what we said. SICKNESS DOES NOT INDICATE GENDER. Doesn't mean it's a boy, doesn't mean it's a girl. Many of us had sickness in one pg and not another, with the same gender kids. I had about the same level of sickness withmy 2nd son as I did with my daughter. The point I was trying to make is that you don't need to be sick with a girl for it to be a girl.

You are right...turned out to be a miscarriage..baby heartbeat stopped at seven weeks, so slow down in ms meant that....devastated as I swayed so hard....:tissue::tissue:

kitkat18
June 19th, 2014, 04:48 AM
I'm so sorry heaven inateacup, my thoughts are with you hope you have lots of hugs and support xx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Oh no I'm so sorry. :(

Heaveninateacup
August 27th, 2014, 10:09 AM
****UPDATE******
Finally got results from my miscarriage and YES the baby was a girl! So my sway worked which I was pleased about but unfortunately baby was lost at eight weeks....this I am devastated by...I don't think it was a result of swaying....just a chromosomal mismatch...absolutely gutted!

I have reluctantly gone back onto sway plan not as extreme as before.

This is what I am doing

not snacking, two meals a day, no breakfast before twelve, I do have one to two coffees with low fat milk and equal
at least two diet coke per day
Nearly vego diet limited to 1600 cals max per day (but usually it's 1500) (I do eat one to two serves of chicken per week)
Trying to stay within salt limits but find this hard
Low protein, low fat
Aspirin and folate
Ion machine in during o.
I sleep on left side.
Bd once in fertile window.
He is on lr and olive leaf.
I was exercising for one hour per day five to six times per week but have had to drop it from my sway and one it was too hard with juggling work and other kids was worried it was becoming moderate exercise! and two I got so run down and really sick with flu. I have been on this diet since March except for when I was pregnant.....
Would love to hear people's opinions of my sway....when I conceived the girl I miscarried I was eating 1300 cals per day and dropped a lot of weight quickly. (BMi went to 18.5) Since the miscarriage I have been slowly losing but not too fast as my BMi is already 20.
Thoughts?

atomic sagebrush
August 27th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I think it looks great and I"m glad it's not as strict as before. Wishing you good luck for quick and healthy BFP!

Heaveninateacup
August 27th, 2014, 10:13 PM
I think it looks great and I"m glad it's not as strict as before. Wishing you good luck for quick and healthy BFP!

Thanks Atomic...I can't thank you enough for the support from you and this site! You are one amazing woman!

kitkat18
August 28th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Looks great heaven, so sorry for your loss X
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk