PDA

View Full Version : Long LH surge

o18e
June 13th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I am pretty much on the dot with 3 days of LH surge. I use the clear blue digital ovulation tests. This is my 2nd cycle of clomid. Today is my 5th day of a positive ovulation test. Is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else?

o18e
June 13th, 2014, 03:23 PM
bump

SamS_TTCPink
June 13th, 2014, 08:40 PM
I had pos opk's for 6 days last cycle!!??! Drove me batty! Usually I have positives for 2 days.

I'm not on clomid though.

AF started today, one day early, so although we DTD at first pos opk, I obvious didn't get PG and have no idea when I ovulated!

It's frustrating!

o18e
June 13th, 2014, 10:05 PM
It's driving me bonkers too! Not sure when to stop worrying about BD enough. Thanks for the reply mumofsix.

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Clomid can do that.

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Just DTD every 4 days from here till AF LOL (seriously, you need to be in with attempt on Clomid and temps are not reliable)

MyByC
June 14th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Momof6, maybe yu should ultrasound this month your O?

carmella_marie
June 14th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I get lots of +OPK too but OB says possibly related to thyroid issues? I'm just going to bd every 4 days to take the stress out of it.

SamS_TTCPink
June 14th, 2014, 09:27 PM
I wish I could get an ultrasound done this month but no dr is in support of helping at all as we already have six kids and so in their eyes shouldn't be trying again. 😞

SamS_TTCPink
June 14th, 2014, 09:29 PM
I think we will try the BD every 4 days this time. What do we do between the 4 days though??? Does DH release everyday in between??? 😕

MyByC
June 15th, 2014, 01:20 AM
Are you serious? But you pay for their services..why wouldnt they do an ultrasound? Here, some, laugh, dont believe, but they do it in the end...
Maybe you should BD once at end of cycle and once around half...12-13 day?

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2014, 01:21 PM
I think we will try the BD every 4 days this time. What do we do between the 4 days though??? Does DH release everyday in between??? 😕

That is an option (if you're sold on daily FR for swaying) OR for better odds of conception, he should NOT release in between.

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Are you serious? But you pay for their services..why wouldnt they do an ultrasound? Here, some, laugh, dont believe, but they do it in the end...
Maybe you should BD once at end of cycle and once around half...12-13 day?

In the UK and Australia, and in the US to a lesser extent, the doctors are not always very cooperative when it comes to fertility stuff (esp. if a couple already has children).

Anyone having trouble getting pg, I don't want them to do abstain

o18e
June 16th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Thank you ladies for you input. I did get 7 days of positive OPK. Today was negative. I go in for a progesterone test today so hopefully it will show that I did ovulate.