PDA

View Full Version : Really need your opinions!!

prayforprincess
June 14th, 2014, 10:54 AM
I just cant seem to fall in love with a name! I also never thought I'd have to choose a 4th boys name. We have 7 weeks to decide now and I'm afraid of having to settle on a name then regretting it later.

My sons names are Patrick, Thomas & Dylan.
dS4's middle name will be Michael.
Here is the list so far:

Christian. (Dh doesn't like)
Colin. (Dh ok about it)
Bryant. (Dh ok about it)
Maxen. (Dh ok about it)
Jameson. (Dh loves)

I'd probably call Maxen 'Max' sometimes, and Jameson 'James' or 'Jae'

What do you all think??

sweetdream
June 14th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I love James! Maxen Don't like in the combination michael. (sounds like michael jackson
Maybe Mason is an option.
But I do love James in the line of your fam. it's classic!

prayforprincess
June 14th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I love James! Maxen Don't like in the combination michael. (sounds like michael jackson
Maybe Mason is an option.
But I do love James in the line of your fam. it's classic!

Mason is so popular!
If I chose Maxen I'd probably do Kenneth as the middle name.
My husband prefers Jameson over James- but we may use the nickname James.

coocoobananas
June 14th, 2014, 11:37 AM
It sounds like Jameson is the best fit for both of you! I really like it and it goes well with Michael!!

sweetdream
June 14th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Maxen in first opinion I find it odd.. but if you hear I hear it.. (in my head) I think.. this actually sounds nice! unique! original but not weird. It's a good sound

I'd like this combination

Nahri
June 14th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Christian was on our list too and DH didn't care for it either. Bryant or Colin with the middle name michael. Maxen and michael together sound like so much of a mouthful to me.

prayforprincess
June 14th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Honestly I'm not in love with any if the names. I 'like' the names on the list but i dont love any of them- although if u had asked me if I 'loved' Patrick, Thomas and Dylan i would have said 'no'; but now that they r my sons they are perfect for them and I love them. Kwim?
My husband is so darn picky and any name i throw out he doesn't like. Truly not giving him the pick- if coincidentally he likes what I choose, then great. He's so weird and loves the name Tank, Chaz and Trace. Jameson is the only one he said I'd even consider.
I'm just so unsure.
I'm just wondering your options if it was your pick- not what you think I'd like most.

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I like James but think Jameson will be mispelled and mispronounced. Same with Bryant and Maxen.

Of the names you mention I like Christian the best followed by Colin.

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2014, 12:58 PM
My husband would do that same thing, everything I would suggest he automatically hated so I told him with my DS 4 - you pick a name and I will give it a yea/nay. And he came up with a name that I had loved since I was pg with DS 1 but he had always shot down and said he "hated it". So it was like a weird kind of reverse psychology ended up getting me a name I had wanted to use for over 20 years!

loobylue
June 14th, 2014, 01:54 PM
If you like Christian the best you called use the nickname Kit. Kit is the name of my son, not a nickname. One of his middle names is Jay.

So, I am biased but I would choose Christian too as I love Kit.

Let us know what you decide. :)

Abifasc
June 14th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I like Christian best, followed by Jameson.

granddaughter
June 14th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Jamison is my favorite

angielorna
June 14th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I really Jameson and I like Christian. It is a name we considered for DS2 - but that was before the whole 50 shades of grey thing. I love Jackson (but so popular) and Harrison. I know you didn't ask for other options, but I thought I'd add them in anyway :)

Angie

aidansmum
June 14th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Hi PFP! 7 weeks! Getting so close now! I also like Jameson, even though I would go with the classic James or even Jamie (which I find so gorgeous). My second choice would be Bryant, it sounds gorgeous with Michael. Bryant Michael. It just flows beautifully! x

ocean
June 14th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Colin. Everyone recognizes it but there won't usually be multiple on the playground. Like how it sounds with his brothers' names too.

Wow 7 weeks - that went so so fast somehow!

SamS_TTCPink
June 14th, 2014, 09:23 PM
I like Jameson and Bryant. 😊
I feel your pain! Trying to constantly pick boys names in hard! You get to point where you do run out of ideas! 😜

weeziewoozles
June 15th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Do you shorten the other boys' names? Is Thomas a Tom? Or Patrick a Pat or Paddy? If so maybe see which names work well with the shortened versions instead? Imagine you're calling them all in for dinner! "Patrick, Thomas, Dylan, Jameson! Dinner time!" Or "Pat, Tom, Dylan, Jae! Dinner time!"

Another thing we did when choosing DS3's name is say it in a few phrases to see how it felt at different ages. KNIM? Some of our ideas didn't sound right as a baby or vice versa didn't sound right as a grown up. For instance "Little Sterling is six weeks old today. Isn't he cute?" didn't work for me but "Sterling's just graduated from college" worked. Does that help at all?

blueeyedguys
June 15th, 2014, 05:19 AM
Colin. It fits well with the others. It's not hugely common but known enough to be recognisable.

If it helps you feel better, only my eldest had a name before birth. The other 3 were named after they were born. And it took longer each time. There was nothing I really liked. They kind of got default names, whatever we managed to agree neither of us hated.

I was actually really upset about my youngest's name for a few weeks & seriously considered changing it. Now I can't imagine him with any other name, except maybe reversed first & middle. I just wish my other kids had less popular names.

luckyfourleafclover
June 15th, 2014, 05:50 AM
I really love Jameson! I don't know about in US but in the uk that is not a common name - I think its very cool!

Have you considered letting Patrick, Thomas & Dylan decide?!

prayforprincess
June 15th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Do you shorten the other boys' names? Is Thomas a Tom? Or Patrick a Pat or Paddy? If so maybe see which names work well with the shortened versions instead? Imagine you're calling them all in for dinner! "Patrick, Thomas, Dylan, Jameson! Dinner time!" Or "Pat, Tom, Dylan, Jae! Dinner time!"

Another thing we did when choosing DS3's name is say it in a few phrases to see how it felt at different ages. KNIM? Some of our ideas didn't sound right as a baby or vice versa didn't sound right as a grown up. For instance "Little Sterling is six weeks old today. Isn't he cute?" didn't work for me but "Sterling's just graduated from college" worked. Does that help at all?

No i don't shorten my boys names really at all. I'm not a fan of nicknames.
Patrick is nothing but Patrick always. Thomas is usually always Thomas, sometimes Tommy cause its cute, but I hate Tom. And Dylan is Dylan.
I font like to shorten names.
That said i do think Jameson is a mouth full- and like James better.
But if I'd call him James i think i like Colin better than James.

prayforprincess
June 15th, 2014, 09:29 AM
I really love Jameson! I don't know about in US but in the uk that is not a common name - I think its very cool!

Have you considered letting Patrick, Thomas & Dylan decide?!

I've asked the boys- unfortunately they do not come up with good names :)
A few Patrick has thrown out i think "nope" and he's insistent and i tell him "well when its your child you can name him/her whatever you want".

SamS_TTCPink
June 15th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Lol! Our kids came up with some shocking names when we were trying to think of a name for DS6. In the end DS1 wanted Carter, I likes Brayden so we called DS6 Cayden. 😊

Hitmebabyonemoretime
June 23rd, 2014, 08:52 AM
I vote Jameson also. I love it with the mix, and it's one of my fave names that I would use for a boy if my cousin didn't steal it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TishTashTosh
June 23rd, 2014, 05:28 PM
I vote Maxen or Jameson! Least favorite is Colin..... here in Europe only people I know called Colin are elderly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HopeandDreamG
July 20th, 2014, 11:02 PM
What did you decide for your beautiful baby boy??

sweetdream
July 21st, 2014, 07:10 AM
Congrats in your Son! What name did he get? How are you doing?

maidentomother
July 29th, 2014, 06:37 AM
I vote Colin!

coocoobananas
July 29th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I just saw you had your baby boy!!!
Congratulations:)
Pictures?;)