PDA

View Full Version : Old wives tale symptoms for a baby girl?

Abifasc
June 14th, 2014, 10:18 PM
I swayed for a girl and am almost 6 weeks pregnant so of course I'm comparing symptoms to my boy pregnancies. I know I shouldn't put a lot of weight on these, but these symptoms are different and I was wondering if you moms with daughters had anything similar:

Boobs got huge immediately, left is significantly bigger (ugh)
Craving watermelon and orange juice and buffalo sauce.
Developing an aversion to meat. I love meat. The thought of grilling chicken and hotdogs makes me gag.
BAD heartburn at night already! To the point of vomiting from the acid.

Sound familiar?

WantingPink
June 14th, 2014, 11:53 PM
My boobs got huge right away with DD1. I went from a small B to a D in 16 weeks. With this baby girl I was BF so they already had a mind of their own:). My boys they didn't get to the D size until my milk came in.

Abifasc
June 15th, 2014, 07:47 AM
My boobs got huge right away with DD1. I went from a small B to a D in 16 weeks. With this baby girl I was BF so they already had a mind of their own:). My boys they didn't get to the D size until my milk came in.

That's how mine were with my boys. They were sore with my first but it was my first pregnancy. They didn't hurt at all with my 2nd.

sweetdream
June 15th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Lol I'm 4 WK's and 3days.
And don't like meat! Love fish though!! Never was a big fish eater!!! Love sour foods.
And thats about the only symptoms I have. No sore boobs or anything yet.

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2014, 12:39 PM
I have seen hundreds of people obsess over symptoms and they really really really do not predict anything in any reliable way, so please don't take them seriously.

Abifasc
June 15th, 2014, 01:39 PM
I have seen hundreds of people obsess over symptoms and they really really really do not predict anything in any reliable way, so please don't take them seriously.

I'm not asking them seriously but I can't help being curious :)

sweetdream
June 15th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I know I know!!!

Prayingpink
June 16th, 2014, 12:43 AM
I'm 15 weeks and had awful heartburn and threw up acid all the time the first 13 weeks. I sill get the sour feeling from it just no vomiting now. I don't know what this baby is yet but will let you know :)

odd
June 16th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Pp..in our culture, they say that you get heartburm when the baby has a head full of hair..lol..silly owt

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Abifasc
June 16th, 2014, 10:58 PM
I'm 15 weeks and had awful heartburn and threw up acid all the time the first 13 weeks. I sill get the sour feeling from it just no vomiting now. I don't know what this baby is yet but will let you know :)

Let me know! When do you find out?

Abifasc
June 16th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Pp..in our culture, they say that you get heartburm when the baby has a head full of hair..lol..silly owt

Yes I've heard that too and it was true for my 2nd son who had really long black hair at birth. But at 6 weeks? The baby doesn't even have a developed head yet!

Rosie85
June 17th, 2014, 12:25 AM
I had horrible heartburn with my 3 boys and they all came out with a ton of hair!

Prayingpink
June 17th, 2014, 01:43 AM
I just booked my apt today. It'll be July 11. I feel like it's an eternity away

Abifasc
June 17th, 2014, 08:02 AM
I had horrible heartburn with my 3 boys and they all came out with a ton of hair!

I love babies with a ton of hair. It's so adorable!

Rosie85
June 17th, 2014, 10:07 AM
I love babies with hair too...but I might be a little biased! Haha.

odd
June 17th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Mine too. My kiddo was a preemie so had more hair on him than body fat lol..but I never jad heartburn or anything like that