PDA

View Full Version : more help!

swish
July 6th, 2011, 03:19 AM
thanks in advance for reading my waffle again!! I am having the strangest cycle and I am just so confused!
After 2 days of higher temps my temp had returned to normal this morning. My understanding is that it has to be 3 days to indicate ovulation. Anyway, I now don't have any ewcm now so it seems like I have ovulated but is that possible? The problem is dh and I did not dtd last night as I really thought I had ovulated. So now if I haven't, what should I do, should I get dh to relrease this morning and then dtd again tonight? Will this still be ok for frequent release? He has released every day since af and we dtd for about 8 or 9 days running. We are now on about cd 25. I'm starting to think I'm just not going to ovulate this cycle. AAAARRGGG!!! Any help much appreciated:hair:

rainbowflower
July 6th, 2011, 03:34 AM
do you have a link to your chart? did you take your temp in a different way to normal today? it could just be a rogue low temp...

swish
July 6th, 2011, 03:41 AM
I took temp exactly the same as always, the only difference was I was up with DS2 for about an hour and a half but I still had 3 hours sleep in a row before I took my temp, it is however very unusual for me to be up and if I am it would be maybe only 20 minutes. I record my temps but haven't charted it for a couple of months on ff as it was just one more thing to do!!! I didn't know you could have rogue temps. I really wish I had got my head around cervix position before this attempt but I'm just not sure what I'm doing up there!!!!!!

Zivic-Bubac
July 6th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Swish, I just wanted to say your DH is mean machine lol! No way my DH could release every day and then BD 8 days in a row :sad: I had major troubles with him BDing every other day: 1st attempt -OK, after 48 hours - barely, after another 48hours - pure torture.... He will be 38 in Sept....But enough about him...

How long are your cycles usually? If you are already CD 25, I'd say you have more then enough sperm deposited up there :agree:
Maybe you had an annovulatory cycle ( God forbid!) but soon you will be able to test for pg right? Are you still BF?

swish
July 6th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Hi z-b, lol about dh, he's a nightmare!!! He's taking liquorice root but it hasn't altered him much!!! That is probably the biggest reason why we make boys, boys, boys!!!! My cycles have gone mad since taking vitex and saw palmetto but this is the latest I have EVER ovulated. I really hope this is not one of those non-ovulating cycles, I'll cry!!! I want to eat again!!! Did a opk today and it was light again so really not sure what is going on :(

Mochagirl
July 6th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I think you probably ovulated, and you definitely need a break from dtd. If you want to be sure, why not have dh continue to release daily and you can keep checking for EWCM? I think I heard that if you miss a day you can just have him release twice in a day before dtd again.

Have you tried to check your cervix? What did it feel like? With me it's really obvious - soft, wet and wide open at O, hard, tightly closed and long long long after O.

By the way, my dh is a demon too - he'd dtd every day of the year if I'd let him. I'm sure that's why we have 3 boys too!

Indira
July 6th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Hi swish, itīs always a pleasure to read your waffle :happy:.
Did your temp go down just a bit or as low as before the 2 highs?
Since you had positive OPKīs I think you did O and the temp was down because you were up longer in the night. I reeeaaally hope so too!
I guess tomorrows temp will help understand more. You probably have enough sperm in there! I agree that you deserve a BFP this month with all the stress of this crazy cycle (and all that BD!)

swish
July 6th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Lol, indira, thanks!! My temp went down almost as low as before the 2 highs unfortunately. I hope you're right about it being low because I was up last night, I'm really nervous about temping tomorrow as it will be very telling. Mocha, I did try to check cervix and I would say long, long, long and closed but I really don't know!!!!! I wish I had got my head around it before!

Mochagirl
July 6th, 2011, 04:27 PM
When your cervix is firm, it feels like the tip of your nose. When it's soft, it gives when you press with your finger. If it felt hard to you, I think that's a good sign you ovulated.

zanacal
July 6th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I'm sure you must have have ovulated swish. Do you ever get any O pains? I don't temp and last month was the first time I used OPKs but I got a positive 2 days in a row, like you. If you weren't temping would you be doubting that you'd ovulated?!

swish
July 6th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Mocha, I think it does feel hard, I'm a little hopeful! Maniacal, really good point, if it wasn't for temping I would be quite confident I had ovulated. Now I'm on to a new worry that if you ovulate late it's not likely to result in a pregnancy - google searches are dpsuch a bad idea!!!! I'm thinking of dropping vitex and/or saw palmetto next cycle as it just delayed ovulating too much

zanacal
July 6th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Lol at Maniacal - is that really what you think of me :wink:

I don't get the ovulating late thing - surely the length of your luteal phase is the key part? I ovulated much later last cycle but it was still 14 days before AF arrived.

swish
July 7th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Lol zanacal!!! Have got predictive text on iPad!!! I really hope you're right, temp up a bit again this morning so I'm going to assume I've ovulated :)

rainbowflower
July 7th, 2011, 04:14 AM
glad you have had a higher temp!

zanacal - that's right, luteal phase is pretty constant too

Indira
July 7th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Yeah for your temp, swish :fingers:
About dropping Vitex and SP: I dropped peppermint tea and take SP every other day (never took Vitex) this cycle. Now my pre O temps are surprisingly stable and high, never had this. I presume I still have very little estrogen, but Iīm optimistic for now and think I will O after the weekend :nails:

Mochagirl
July 7th, 2011, 06:20 AM
swish, you won't have to worry about whether or not to drop anything next cycle because I'm sure you'll get your BFP this cycle - you deserve it after such a long, crazy month!!

Out of the Blue
July 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Lol zanacal!!! Have got predictive text on iPad!!!

OMG...Doesn't that drive you insane!?! I have to use my PC if I actually want to type something b/c typing on an iPad is so annoying and then if you don't watch it, it'll completly mess up your post! Typing on my iPad raises my T, lol. FX that you O'ed! Can't wait to hear a BFP from you in a week or two!

Indira, hoping all goes well w/your O! That's great that your temps have stabilized!

Mochagirl
July 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Zanacal - watch out: we're all going to call you Maniacal from now on.:rofl::rofl:

zanacal
July 7th, 2011, 01:23 PM
My name is Kelly - you could use that too :D :D

swish
July 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Lol ootb, I hope it's not raising my testosterone!!:)
indira, I might try every other day too and I've already dropped the peppermint tea, I miss it even though I hated it at first!!! Thanks for all your good wishes now the nervous wait begins!!!!!

Indira
July 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Zanacal - watch out: we're all going to call you Maniacal from now on.:rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl: DH thinks Iīve gone insane because I canīt stop laughing in front of my netbook!

Mochagirl
July 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Have you guys ever seen this site? Warning: you will laugh out loud and make everyone around you think you're crazy! :bigsmile:

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/

swish
July 7th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Lol, mocha! Good to read something other than swaying!!!!!!!!!!!

zanacal
July 7th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I've read them before mocha - both times I had tears ********* down my face and DH thought I'd lost the plot (even more than usual)!

Indira
July 7th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Aaaah, thank you mocha, I havenīt laughed like that since I started the girl diet!!

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Hi z-b, lol about dh, he's a nightmare!!! He's taking liquorice root but it hasn't altered him much!!! That is probably the biggest reason why we make boys, boys, boys!!!! My cycles have gone mad since taking vitex and saw palmetto but this is the latest I have EVER ovulated. I really hope this is not one of those non-ovulating cycles, I'll cry!!! I want to eat again!!! Did a opk today and it was light again so really not sure what is going on :(

It's normal to get slightly light OPK at other times of your cycle, don't worry about that. Your body is always making a little bit of the stuff the OPk picks up on.

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Mocha, I think it does feel hard, I'm a little hopeful! Maniacal, really good point, if it wasn't for temping I would be quite confident I had ovulated. Now I'm on to a new worry that if you ovulate late it's not likely to result in a pregnancy - google searches are dpsuch a bad idea!!!! I'm thinking of dropping vitex and/or saw palmetto next cycle as it just delayed ovulating too much

I answered this on another thread, but just for anyone else who reads this, any correlation between late ovulation and bad pregnancy outcomes are because sometimes people who have something wrong with their fertility to begin with, are spotty ovulators and also tend to have worse pg outcomes. It does not apply to the average, fully fertile person. EVERYONE occasionally has long cycles and even anovulatory ones. That's ok and nothing to worry about at all.

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah for your temp, swish :fingers:
About dropping Vitex and SP: I dropped peppermint tea and take SP every other day (never took Vitex) this cycle. Now my pre O temps are surprisingly stable and high, never had this. I presume I still have very little estrogen, but Iīm optimistic for now and think I will O after the weekend :nails:

I think this is a great idea! If you're not liking what is going on with yoru body, ALWAYS feel free to reduce supps to every other day. You will still get benefits from them and sometimes, less is more!

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Swish, any update???

swish
July 9th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I still don't really know when I ovulated as my temps were so different from usual but I definately ovulated as cp changed and temps have eventually stayed higher!! I have no idea how many dpo I am which is probably a good thing as I can't stress! A huge thank you as always for all your fantastic advice, I really appreciate it, x

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2011, 03:48 PM
That's good news!!!! Crossing everything for you!!

swish
July 9th, 2011, 04:07 PM
:)

Indira
July 18th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Hi swish, I wanted to let you know that reducing saw palmetto didnīt change things for me.
Today itīs CD 17, I havenīt ovulated yet and I have no signs yet. I had ECWM on Friday and a + opk Saturday but my temps stayed low, this is like last cycle when I o-ed on CD 20 in the end. I really hope I will O and donīt miss the egg!

So for me I think it depends on the weight loss or the low weight.
Good luck for your attempt this month :luck:

swish
July 18th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Thank you that's really good to know, keep me updated as to when you do ov. Maybe we need to up our calories, I'm just so worried about making my body think times are good again

Indira
July 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Yes, Iīm worried about that too, when Iīm optimistic I think that my diet now is still very different from when I conceived my boys, even if I eat a little more it is still poorly and boring.
Iīve found that upping fat and protein a little worked better to stay at this weight, Iīm now between 47,5 and 48 kiloīs steady. When I ate just more calories I had the impression it still made me loose, maybe it had a zigzagging effect.
And I also think from a testosteron point of view it is better for me to be a bit more loose on the diet, I was kind of an a me-against-the diet battle, now I have a piece of pie or cake at dinner and try not to worry about it :happy:

Indira
July 21st, 2011, 12:47 PM
Hi swish, I wanted to let you know that reducing saw palmetto didnīt change things for me.
Today itīs CD 17, I havenīt ovulated yet and I have no signs yet. I had ECWM on Friday and a + opk Saturday but my temps stayed low, this is like last cycle when I o-ed on CD 20 in the end. I really hope I will O and donīt miss the egg!

So for me I think it depends on the weight loss or the low weight.
Good luck for your attempt this month :luck:

Well, actually...it turns out I ovulated the day I wrote this.
I thought the surge went away to come back in a few days as I had no ECWM, but I really O-ed on CD 17. So thatīs 3 days earlier than the cycle before, now I feel confident about my cycles, looks to me like it got back fairly normal, just longer than before.
Hope you will O earlier than last month too swish!

swish
July 21st, 2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks indira, that's really good to know, I'm taking sp and vitex every other day so we'll see what happens!!!

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Thank you so much you guys for updating us with new info about your cycles!!!