PDA

View Full Version : Can a FET be better than a freash transfer?

Bugsbunny
July 6th, 2011, 07:07 AM
My RE wants me to cycle and plan for a FET instead of a fresh transfer to better prepare my body for implantation. Have any of you here ever been told/ done this? I hyperstimmulated last cycle and was bloated. He also wants me to do a 5 and 6 day biopsy ...is this better than a 3 day biopsy with a fresh transfer? He said it shows more results and is better for the embryo (causing less harm to a hardier embryo).
After I stim and do my ER how much longer till I can do my FET? do I have to wait a month or two?

Any success stories out there?:nails:

nuthinbutpink
July 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM
If you were close to OHSS, he might be suggesting it for your safety and/or the high estrogen levels can impede implantation.

It seems that day 5 biopsy is what the most reliable method will be but it is still relatively new. What was your cycle like?

Bugsbunny
July 6th, 2011, 07:59 AM
My last was great in the fact that I produced lots of eggs (just not of the gender I was hoping for...so no ET) but during that time I was very bloated...painful to breath...following my ER. I have not started my new cycle as of yet but will be soon. Did you do PGD (what probe) or GSN with a biopsy on day 5 or 6?