PDA

View Full Version : GSN pricing vs. PGD with Reprogenetics

Bugsbunny
July 6th, 2011, 07:10 AM
How much is GSN with Reprogenetics as well as a 3 probe biopsy using PGD?

Is the false /positive ratio lesser when you do the day 5/6 biopsy? Can you really biopsy this late without the embryo arresting?

prayforprincess
August 9th, 2011, 07:44 PM
GSN is more expensive than PGD for sure. A 5 day biopsy is going to be the standard soon my RE tells me. At 5 days, they can get a better read on the embryo as well not be at such risk for damaging the embryo. A 6 day transfer will be the norm not too long from now. It is just as good if not better than a 3 day, it's just that not many places offer it yet but will soon.

nuthinbutpink
August 9th, 2011, 10:39 PM
The potential benefit from a day 5 biopsy is that they are able to use more than one cell and thus cross check the results whereas day 3, you have one cell to work with and if anything goes wrong, that embryo is counted out.

The risk of day 5 is that the embryo has to be a blast on day 5 in order to be able to perform the biopsy. If it takes until day 6, the embryo must be frozen and a later FET planned.

debby
September 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Yes GSN is more expensive

cj00
October 4th, 2011, 09:34 PM
i did a day 5 biopsy but only 3 out of 11 made it to day 5. out of the 3, there was only 1 normal xx and we're trying for a xy.

nuthinbutpink
October 4th, 2011, 10:23 PM
i did a day 5 biopsy but only 3 out of 11 made it to day 5. out of the 3, there was only 1 normal xx and we're trying for a xy.

How old are you? What kind of stim dosage were you on? How many days did you stim?

michaela
October 4th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I was quoted $3700 for GSN but I don't know if it is through Reprogenetics or not. I believe it is through GSN themselves but I don't really know that answer 100%. My clinic also has a biopsy fee of $1450. HTH!

lindi
October 6th, 2011, 08:41 PM
How much is GSN with Reprogenetics as well as a 3 probe biopsy using PGD?

Is the false /positive ratio lesser when you do the day 5/6 biopsy? Can you really biopsy this late without the embryo arresting?

GSN and aCGH are forms of PGD. FISH probes are also forms of PGD. PGD is just means preimplantation genetic diagnosis, so there are various ways of making that diagnosis. I believe Reprogenetics offers aCGH which is also 24 chromosome testing, though ever so slightly different from GSN. It will give you the same information. They quote a 1-2% error rate.

Using FISH probes I think is 5-10% error rate.

As long as the embryologist is experienced in 5 day biopsy, I have been told this is the safer way to do a biopsy, as its less damaging to the embryo and clinics report higher ongoing pregnancy rates from day 5 biopsies.

cfangelck
June 3rd, 2013, 03:10 AM
Any one have the price?

nuthinbutpink
June 3rd, 2013, 07:11 AM
Any one have the price?

It varies by clinic.

b_fergie
July 27th, 2013, 06:25 PM
We received our bill from Reprogentics just recently and it was over $3,000