PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm doing this all wrong

lelephant1
June 18th, 2014, 06:50 AM
I don't think I am doing the LE diet right. I have cut out a lot of dairy from my diet, which is huge because I am a big milk drinker and cheese eater. No yogourt either. I have also cut waaayyyy down on my meat eating. I think I have had shrimp twice, chicken once and I had a pork sausage on father's day. But it still feels like I'm not doing it right. My protein and fat have been higher than I want even though most days I am consuming 1600 calories. I feel like I'm failing. Sorry to be such a downer.

eleena2014
June 18th, 2014, 07:20 AM
I have just posted a new thread about this too.lol. I feel like I don't know if I'm doing it right too,as it seems easier than what I thought. I have cut back on red meat,don't drink milk anyway,have chicken every now and again and trying not to snack in between meals.my fat and protein have mostly been under totals apart from a few times.have u tried low fat/weight watchers items? They help with the totals.x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

stephk
June 18th, 2014, 08:30 AM
you can have dairy if it fits in with your totals. I have yoghurt almost every day (full fat - i cant abide diet yoghurt or diet products come to that, just a personal thing). I also eat plenty of cheese. When I can have a glass of whole milk, I will, although thats rare as I cant get it to fit my totals.

As long as you are moving in the direction of less, and fitting in with the totals you are happy with, you are doing it right. If your target is 1600 cals, 40-50g protein and 20-30% fat per day and what you eat fits into this, then you have no worries :)

and it is perfectly normal to worry about whether you are doing it 'right'. What is 'right' differs for everyone and we all worry about it. I have been doing the diet for almost 8 months and I still worry that I am doing it wrong sometimes. My personal targets are 1800-2000 cals, 50-60g protein and 30% fat because I do a lot of exercise. Everyone is different and there is no one correct way to do it.

atomic sagebrush
June 20th, 2014, 12:02 PM
you are NOT failing. There IS no failing at LE Diet. It is not this all or nothing type diet like the other sway diets are. All you are aiming at, is just gradually lowering the level of nutrients you have coming it. Shrimp, I do not even think really qualifies as a cheat on LE.

When you say "more than you want", what does that mean specifically?

All the guidelines of LE Diet are, is a goal to aim at. They are not "do this just right or your sway will fail". It's something to shoot for and if you fall short this day or that day or even EVERY day, it's ok. You are still moving in the right direction.

Swaying is a radio dial, not a light switch. As long as you're turning the dial the right way, over the course of time, you're succeeding!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/25293-three-essays-swaying.html