PDA

View Full Version : Are there any people who swayed for number 2?

JG60611
June 19th, 2014, 08:22 AM
I was curious if there are any other ladies who swayed for number 2? Or does everyone already have several same gendered kids before going the sway route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another princess
June 19th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Yes I did. When my son was about six months I remember googling 'how to conceive a girl!' and came across babycentre and ingender sites. Did lots of research for nearly two yrs and then finally conceived DD1 mostly ingender style. Was before ingender diet was really introduced. Didn't realise I had quite a LE diet naturally at the time and that was probably the real reason I conceived her and not the ingender supplements and douching he he. I then did a gender dreaming sway years later and conceive DD2.

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2014, 08:44 AM
tons of people! I have some who swayed for their first!

myurkanin817
June 19th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I'm one who is swaying for our first! :cheer:

The Anchor
June 19th, 2014, 01:00 PM
I had a DD first then swayed for my DS. At the time I was absolutely, positively, only having 2 kids. My attitude has changed since then, and I want one more :)

bluebonnet22
June 19th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I'm currently swaying for my second (and likely final) baby. I'd probably be swaying now even if I knew we'd have three to give me more chances.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Drunken Cockatoo
June 20th, 2014, 05:59 AM
I am still undecided between swaying or going HT for our second baby, because DH made it clear that he wants just two kids and no more even if the second one will be our second boy.

emmake
June 20th, 2014, 10:33 AM
If i knew that swaying exists i would have started with the first child, and if my sway would have failed, i would have done HT for the second one :)

atomic sagebrush
June 20th, 2014, 10:41 AM
I'm currently swaying for my second (and likely final) baby. I'd probably be swaying now even if I knew we'd have three to give me more chances.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think it is eminently sensible to do this. I always wanted 5 or 6 kids and just assumed there would be a girl in there somewhere but it's SOOO nervewracking to be coming up against a deadline (whether it is family size, age, or both)...much better to sway sooner, if you know you want a particular gender, even if you plan to have more kids.

hotdogz&boyz
June 21st, 2014, 02:10 PM
I did an IG style sway for #2 (it was a sucky IG sway too. Lol). Then I did a GD sway for #3. And we always knew we were having four kids. I figured I would hedge my bets. Now we are TTC #4 and doing a light sway, but ill admit its nice to not feel the pressure of NEEDING it to be a specific gender. (Our IG sway was a "failed sway" our GD sway was successful).

I'd go for it if you want to. Even just making a few changes would be worth it.

Hopingforaprincess
June 21st, 2014, 02:23 PM
Swaying for my 4th (first time swayer)

blueeyedguys
June 21st, 2014, 02:41 PM
I tried slightly swaying for my 2nd & a bit more for my 3rd, but had so many miscarriages/"chemical" pregnancies trying for each of them, that I stopped even the tiny bit I was doing. Ds2 was over 9 yrs ago & ds3 was over 5, so there wasn't a lot of info out there anyway. Ds4 was an oops baby.

kaseybaby
June 22nd, 2014, 02:35 AM
I did. It took me forever to get pregnant so I dropped my sway, and needed fertility treatments, but I wound up with my DG. I am going to do a light sway this time, as my DD was born very ill (she is doing well now), but she has some scarring and ongoing issues, and I would like for her to have a sister. Even my DS said she needs a sister more than he needs a brother lol. Really I will be thrilled either way, as long as it is healthy, but I would like to up my odds a little in the girl direction ;)

Bigwish
June 22nd, 2014, 06:00 AM
I would have swayed with my second if i knew of this site (maybe it didn't exist yet in 2009?). I knew of IG but the site wasn't working well back then and i didn't just 'get' the idea behind it. I knew of shettles, read his book, and did plan for a 4 day cut off, but we also did an attempt at O, because i really wanted to get pregnant. Pregnant right away, just as with ds1 (later i found out, timing doesn't work so i was able to forgive myself i didn't stick to the cut off;-). And, furthermore, how couldn't i be upset with my ds2 being ds2, he's just my world)

But when i heard he was DS2, i faced a deadline; my hubby always said 2 was enough, maybe, very maybe 3. So, from that moment the desire for a little girl was in my head everyday and also the fear of maybe not having one at all.

So, if you know beforehand the number of children you want (i think that's always the case to some extend), i would def do my best.

JG60611
June 22nd, 2014, 07:39 AM
I am currently pregnant with #2 but we dont know gender yet- swayed for a girl but im pretty sure it didnt work.

I was curious to see if for the most part the successful sways were people that already had more than 2 of the same gender or if it really was random. I always thought just by looking through posts that most people had several kids already (but there was no science to that haha just what i thought i was noticing)

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2014, 09:19 AM
I would have swayed with my second if i knew of this site (maybe it didn't exist yet in 2009?). I knew of IG but the site wasn't working well back then and i didn't just 'get' the idea behind it. I knew of shettles, read his book, and did plan for a 4 day cut off, but we also did an attempt at O, because i really wanted to get pregnant. Pregnant right away, just as with ds1 (later i found out, timing doesn't work so i was able to forgive myself i didn't stick to the cut off;-). And, furthermore, how couldn't i be upset with my ds2 being ds2, he's just my world)

But when i heard he was DS2, i faced a deadline; my hubby always said 2 was enough, maybe, very maybe 3. So, from that moment the desire for a little girl was in my head everyday and also the fear of maybe not having one at all.

So, if you know beforehand the number of children you want (i think that's always the case to some extend), i would def do my best.

This site didn't get started till 2011. I was only just starting to do research in 2009 and that is the year I got my IG sway opposite too.

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2014, 09:25 AM
I am currently pregnant with #2 but we dont know gender yet- swayed for a girl but im pretty sure it didnt work.

I was curious to see if for the most part the successful sways were people that already had more than 2 of the same gender or if it really was random. I always thought just by looking through posts that most people had several kids already (but there was no science to that haha just what i thought i was noticing)

It isn't random, because we have the blue sways getting outstanding results (between 70-80% varying by month) and this number has stayed consistent over the course of these past 2 1/2 years. The pink sways have been about 65%, again, consistent for 2 1/2 years. So it is reasonable to assume that people are going from as much as 70 to even 80% likely to have another boy without swaying, to 65% likely to have a girl with swaying. Numbers don't look like that (that is a STRONG variation away from 50-50) and stay consistent over time if something is random.

JG60611
June 22nd, 2014, 01:23 PM
Totally agree- i didnt mean that overall it was random sorry i didnt articulate that better :) i was more curious about the rate of successful sways as it correlated to numbers and gender of existing children. In other words if someone has only 1 child and sways for number 2 vs. Someone who had 3 same gendered kids swaying for number 4 is there a difference in success rate.

Does that make sense? Sorry i have a bit of pregnancy brain lol

maidentomother
June 23rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
I am swaying for number 1. But I will probably go to HT if I don't conceive this month. I feel SO lucky to have discovered swaying before having kids!

Hopingforaprincess
June 23rd, 2014, 10:30 AM
It isn't random, because we have the blue sways getting outstanding results (between 70-80% varying by month) and this number has stayed consistent over the course of these past 2 1/2 years. The pink sways have been about 65%, again, consistent for 2 1/2 years. So it is reasonable to assume that people are going from as much as 70 to even 80% likely to have another boy without swaying, to 65% likely to have a girl with swaying. Numbers don't look like that (that is a STRONG variation away from 50-50) and stay consistent over time if something is random.

Why do you think the numbers for pink sway are less than for a blue sway? Is it because one is harder than the other?

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
Totally agree- i didnt mean that overall it was random sorry i didnt articulate that better :) i was more curious about the rate of successful sways as it correlated to numbers and gender of existing children. In other words if someone has only 1 child and sways for number 2 vs. Someone who had 3 same gendered kids swaying for number 4 is there a difference in success rate.

Does that make sense? Sorry i have a bit of pregnancy brain lol

I did pick up on that but wanted to clarify for others reading the thread now and in the future.

I would also love to look at that more closely, but we don't have enough results yet. :)

JG60611
June 29th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I think it would definitely be interesting to see and compare successful sways with how many kids of the same gender the person already had. I would be curious if the rate of success is higher with someone that has say 2 or 3 same gendered kids than someone else that only had 1 child.

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Or LOWER (which is my suspicion). We have no way to know if someone who's only had one kiddo is really "set" for boys in the same way as those of us who have boy after boy for 20 years straight and many of them may have had pigeon pairs with or without swaying - KWIM?? So that might mean that our results are actually better than we give it credit for, if those of us with 3-4-5 or more really have much lower chances without swaying. For some of us, 50-50 results might be a hugely successful sway. (I hope this makes sense, it's hard to explain)

blackbekki
June 29th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I am swaying with my 4th child. With 2 boys running about and a angel princess I would like what I should have. Since losing her in 2012 I've been research TTC a girl and all references pointed bk to gender dreaming. I've convinced oh to try again if this ends up been a failed sway but fx we get the girl we dream of x

carmella_marie
June 30th, 2014, 01:59 AM
I did a IG sway with my first and GD sway with my second, both "failed"