PDA

View Full Version : Help lowering DH ph please

lena
July 6th, 2011, 07:44 PM
DH is sky high and I mean high. Any ideas to lower it? We are ttcing next month and I so want my little :DD:.

lena
July 7th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Anyone??? I have him on cranberry tablets, but they seem to be doing nothing at all.

Emmy2012
July 7th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Try pure cranberry juice, you can get it at Trader Joe's, my hubby drinks that with a bunch of equal and diet 7-up, he loves it and last time I checked his oh it was 7.2! He also takes 3-4 cranberry supps a day of max strength!

lena
July 8th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Thanks Emmy, I will try adding the cranberry juice and diet 7up. DH ph is 9.5 and has been for months, the tablets don't seem to be doing anything. Its driving me insane.

Do you put the equal (is that like a sugar substitute) in the drink with the juice and 7up?

zanacal
July 8th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Do you think your DH could have an infection of some sort? I'm not sure it's usual for DH's pH to be quite that high.

Emmy2012
July 8th, 2011, 02:49 PM
We use TONS of equal, which is a sugar substitute. The pure cranberry is very very tart.

lena
July 8th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks Emmy will get some.

Zanacal, people keep saying that but it has been like that for 4 or so months now and he seems fine. I tested him again yesterday and its still 9.5.

zanacal
July 9th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Oh ok, it was probably one of your old posts I read it on - sorry!

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks Emmy, I will try adding the cranberry juice and diet 7up. DH ph is 9.5 and has been for months, the tablets don't seem to be doing anything. Its driving me insane.

Do you put the equal (is that like a sugar substitute) in the drink with the juice and 7up?

I think your DH needs to see a doctor because that ~can~ indicate an infection of some sort. Not in every case but it just should be checked out. Even if it's going on for months it should still be checked (no need to mention that you are testing his pH or why, he can just say he has some pain or something like that.) Lest you think I'm just blowing smoke, you can Google it or here is a link to WebMD. http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/semen-analysis?page=2

I would say that aspartame and other artificial sweeteners can help lower his pH but I would be also on the lookout for things he's doing that might artificially make his pH that high. Things like alka selter, club soda, etc???

lena
July 9th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Atomic- I believe you and I have told him but he won't do anything about it. I am guessing his PH is so high because of the beer he drinks. I won't get him to stop it though. I have got him to cut out salt but I have done the whole how bad it is for you not the fact that it is bad for ttcing a girl.

We have always gotten pregnant first month of trying even with a 3.5 day cutoff so if this time it takes longer I will be telling him to get himself there and stop being such a man. This is the first time I have ever tested his ph though. I wish he was more into the diet etc. He will take the pills etc if I give them to him to take and will drink diet lemonade etc (especially if thats all I buy LOL)

Thanks for your help

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I hear ya lena, my husband would do nothing to sway at all whatsoever.

Weirdly, since we are no longer trying he has been doing a lot more girl-friendly things so who even knows?!?

Just so you know, lemon juice can raise pH and in fact, some of the blue swayers drink lemon water to raise their pH. So if you're buying diet lemonade, make sure it's the kind with no actual fruit juice in it, like the Crystal Light kind.