PDA

View Full Version : medication

Babybeaublue
June 26th, 2014, 01:54 AM
I was wondering if anyone's dh is taking a lot of meds and how you are getting around this for your sway, or if he was on a lot when you concieved your boy?
I'm worried about the effects and if I'm fighting a losing sway battle.

Auzair
June 27th, 2014, 04:22 AM
My husbsnd is on hay fever medications i don knw if it Hurt sway whn season ll go hubby ll leave them before ttc hope so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Auzair
June 27th, 2014, 04:25 AM
I think u better post name of medication and see how atomic say about them n just u can also google affect of those medications on fertility

Babybeaublue
June 27th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Atomic knows I was just trying to find out if it's been a issue for anyone.
I know antihistamines are good for ttc girl tho

bluebonnet22
June 27th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Which medications? We conceived a DS while my DH was taking medications but not sure if that helps without knowing which meds you are wondering about

purplepoet20
June 27th, 2014, 10:34 AM
With DS1 (not sure about DS2) DH was taken two kinds of anti-depression meds. Also he had high blood pressure and high cholesterol but was not taking meds for it. In the last few years diet has changed his health but... he now has low T and hyperthyroid. He has been on meds for thyroid. The Dr never did those test before so we do not know how long they were low.

With all his health issues and not wanting to have another failed sway I am doing a different sway... low nutrient diet, clomid, zry, ben, rephresh (day of dtd), asprin, folic, and diet drinks up the wazoo.

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I think u better post name of medication and see how atomic say about them n just u can also google affect of those medications on fertility

Beau and I have already talked about it, I think she's looking for encouraging stories about people who have conceived boys while their husband was on any medication (most medications are harmful to sperm and tend to sway pink) :)

Auzair
June 27th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Beau and I have already talked about it, I think she's looking for encouraging stories about people who have conceived boys while their husband was on any medication (most medications are harmful to sperm and tend to sway pink) :)

Great as i m new here don know she discussed it with you atomic. Just read hay fever medication sway pink ??? :( ur comments plz??

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2014, 10:48 AM
oh no not at all, we talked privately and no way for you to know about that! :) I just wanted to clarify what I think she is going for in this thread! :)

Yes, we believe antihistamine sways pink, but it's not been super effective (unlike some stronger medications which Beau's hubby is on) and not a dealbreaker in any way.

Auzair
June 27th, 2014, 10:51 AM
oh no not at all, we talked privately and no way for you to know about that! :) I just wanted to clarify what I think she is going for in this thread! :)

Yes, we believe antihistamine sways pink, but it's not been super effective (unlike some stronger medications which Beau's hubby is on) and not a dealbreaker in any way.
He ll stop taking it next month or in aug what u think i ll effect my sway?? Now i m feeling nervous :(

Auzair
June 27th, 2014, 12:48 PM
"See what i found ladies"
Loratadine and Fertility

One side effect that manufacturers do not list is a connection between Loratadine and fertility. Loratadine contains mast cell blocking antihistamines. Studies in animals have shown that antihistamines that block mast cells may be of assistance for men experiencing low sperm counts. Mast cells, found in connective tissue, releases substances in response to injury or inflammation of body tissues. It's the inflammatory immune factor that some think plays a beneficial a role in men with lower sperm quality. These findings on Loratadine and fertility are based on studies conducted overseas with improved pregnancy rate results in couples whose men took similar antihistamines.

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Unless he's taking it right when you conceive it doesn't do anything

Auzair
June 27th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Unless he's taking it right when you conceive it doesn't do anything

Thnx atomic.just wanted to know u r kristen of genderselection central?? If m not mistaken??? I stalked u in many sites ingender n on fb as well :p

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2014, 12:38 PM
no, I'm not. I'm Kristin with an I, not an e. I was Kristindoggirl on IG though (years ago before I became atomic sagebrush). I know Kristen personally though and she and I are of like minds in the swaying department on many things. :)

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2014, 12:40 PM
"See what i found ladies"
Loratadine and Fertility

One side effect that manufacturers do not list is a connection between Loratadine and fertility. Loratadine contains mast cell blocking antihistamines. Studies in animals have shown that antihistamines that block mast cells may be of assistance for men experiencing low sperm counts. Mast cells, found in connective tissue, releases substances in response to injury or inflammation of body tissues. It's the inflammatory immune factor that some think plays a beneficial a role in men with lower sperm quality. These findings on Loratadine and fertility are based on studies conducted overseas with improved pregnancy rate results in couples whose men took similar antihistamines.

I did not see this post before.

I do not think this is something that applies to most men and I believe antihistamines tend to sway pink for most guys by thickening up the semen and making it less "sperm friendly" If a man was having low sperm count from autoimmune sources, then that woudl be a different scenario.

Auzair
June 29th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I did not see this post before.

I do not think this is something that applies to most men and I believe antihistamines tend to sway pink for most guys by thickening up the semen and making it less "sperm friendly" If a man was having low sperm count from autoimmune sources, then that woudl be a different scenario.

Atomic my hubby just stopped taking antihistamines yes i read you on IG as kristindogirl ur essays were amazing there aswell then i came to know that u r now atomicsagebrush finally followed u on GD aswell :)

BeckMom89
June 30th, 2014, 01:03 PM
I better research lisinopril then....I hope it doesn't effect our sway!

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2014, 09:11 AM
yes it does tend to sway pink.

BeckMom89
July 3rd, 2014, 05:48 PM
I did some research. I read that beta blockers, other blood pressure medications and calcium channel blockers affect sperm count if used for more than 5-10 years.

blueeyedguys
July 4th, 2014, 05:33 AM
Interesting. Dh is on a calcium channel blocker, but it's only been about a year. He's on a bunch of others meds as well.

atomic sagebrush
July 4th, 2014, 01:00 PM
WE don't actually know what sways, we speculate it's sperm count but it may be something else entirely. When it's possible to avoid husband's medication for blue, we aim to do that, but some medicines (and cal chan blockers and beta blockers would DEF. be among them) are necessary for health and he needs to continue them no matter how they sway.