PDA

View Full Version : ivf/pgd in Aus

Tasha_Pink
June 28th, 2014, 12:33 AM
I went through Melbourne IVF clinic and was approved for ivf/pgd with icsi as we have 5 boys and 2 of them have autism. I was thrilled to be approved. I'm from TAS so took a bit to and fro with mail and a trip over to consult. we went back in Feb for egg collection and transfer. Heart broken to only have 6 egg collected and 4 fertilised. Out of those 4 1 was a chromosomally normal female and we implanted it. I am now 20 weeks pregnant and have a bit over 1 more week to go until ultrasound. I am so scared that they will say its a boy.

covered in blue
June 28th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Awesome :) And congrats! The chances that you will have an opposite are so small I wouldn't even worry about it xxx. Easy for me to say I know.

lisvna
June 28th, 2014, 03:57 AM
Congrats! Im sure it's a girl!

idreamofpinknz
August 18th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Hi there, I'm new to site and new to this whole forum thing!
I am in New Zealand
I have two beautiful wonderful sons and I am 23 weeks pregnant with Boy number 3 - he took us a bit by suprise as we weren't 'trying' to conceive at the time, and we were going to try all the tricks for natural swaying!
I am super excited about three boys close in age but thoroughly gutted our chance to try for a girl was taken away.
Hubby and I have started talking seriously about Dr Potter after I spent a whole weekend researching and finding myself here!
Please please please I am after help, advise, and seriously starting to budget a trip to get the baby girl we both so long for!!!

nuthinbutpink
August 18th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Hi there, I'm new to site and new to this whole forum thing!
I am in New Zealand
I have two beautiful wonderful sons and I am 23 weeks pregnant with Boy number 3 - he took us a bit by suprise as we weren't 'trying' to conceive at the time, and we were going to try all the tricks for natural swaying!
I am super excited about three boys close in age but thoroughly gutted our chance to try for a girl was taken away.
Hubby and I have started talking seriously about Dr Potter after I spent a whole weekend researching and finding myself here!
Please please please I am after help, advise, and seriously starting to budget a trip to get the baby girl we both so long for!!!

Hi there. Welcome! All the details are in the Dream Member(private) Forums. Dream Members can book a free consult AND you get $1000 off your cycle cost with Dr Potter. There is a link on here that you can access once you become a Dream Member to qualify.

Lots of people have done it so you can too!

nuthinbutpink
August 18th, 2014, 09:21 PM
We actually have an entire thread dedicated to Cycling from Australia and various options from there-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/international-ht-family-balancing/103-travelling-australia-gender-selection.html

You will not be able to access it if you are not a Dream Member though.

1+2+3boys
August 18th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Welcome to Gender Dreaming Idreamofpink NZ. Glad to see you here because there are not many of us Kiwi's on this Forem. I know covered in blue is one of them for sure and there are some others appariently. The Australian threads are not that far off from what we would be going through for PGD compared to all the other Countires.

I wanted just one girl very much and I feel like my chance to try for her was taken away too. I wanted to sway hard for my third and final child but didn't for my second and got twin boys which was a shock. They are now 2 and the lights of my life and they and DS1 who is 4 1/2 are the best of friends.

My DP has agreed to do PGD and wants to do it in America since it seems like it has the best clinics. It wont be for a while though because we really can not afford it. We will really need to save for it but I feel like it is worth it because I really want a daughter in my life and it would still be cheaper than raising a whole extra child if he were a boy and then we still wanted to try again for a girl.

Goodluck to you and for the rest of your pregnancy. Please let me know anything you find out and I'd be happy to help you as I still have not had much time to research how our trip would work.

idreamofpinknz
August 18th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Thanks I'll look at becoming a dream member so I can access the other threads!
I can't seem to see how I can start a new thread (i really am a total forum rookie)
glad to know I'm not the only person down under dreaming of this procedure, the people I've spoken to and posts I've started in NZ mums and baby groups on facebook have gone down like lead balloons and I'm apparently "selfish, upsetting the whole IVF community and a monster for not being happy with my soon to be brood of three boys"
Look forward to talking to likeminded couples on here!!

covered in blue
August 19th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Welcome :). We have 3 boys too! Not 100% sure of our plan at the moment. Leaning towards trying a sway in about a years time though I'm still thinking of HT too. DH is keen to just Duggar it out lol. Anyway to start a new thread from the main forum page you click on the section you want it to go in and then you will see it on your top right in an orange box. And definitely become a dream member. So much info there and will save you heaps of $ if you do go HT with Dr Potter. Sorry about your Facebook experience :( I was lucky I found 1+2+3boys on a NZ baby site :) kitkat is a kiwi too. I think she is pregnant after a sway already.

kitkat18
August 19th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Idreamz good luck honey!! Everyone is so supportive here and non judgmental. Sorry you had such a bad experience on other baby sites! Just swayed pink naturally no idea if it worked but ivf/pgd was not an option for me, my DH does not even know I swayed!! Good luck and come chat!! Xxxx
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

1+2+3boys
August 19th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks I'll look at becoming a dream member so I can access the other threads!
I can't seem to see how I can start a new thread (i really am a total forum rookie)
glad to know I'm not the only person down under dreaming of this procedure, the people I've spoken to and posts I've started in NZ mums and baby groups on facebook have gone down like lead balloons and I'm apparently "selfish, upsetting the whole IVF community and a monster for not being happy with my soon to be brood of three boys"
Look forward to talking to likeminded couples on here!!

Sorry to hear about the backlash. I have had that in Treasures forum once where a lady started a post about what people thought about Good Morning Australia where one lady did IVF with PGD to get a girl after 7 boys. I started my reply with good on her and can't remember what else I wrote but in all the angry ladies only two others were on the pro side.

There was alot of jargon about it clogging up the IVF system and it should be saved for people who deserve it. Even stuff about no one wants to use other peoples left over embryos that they donate. I'd love to hear what NBP and others have to say about that. I don't think anyone in NZ really knows much about it at all. I have a FB group who I am really close with and I want to talk about it in there but have not felt comfortable yet.

Pinkinperth
August 20th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Sorry to hear about the backlash. I have had that in Treasures forum once where a lady started a post about what people thought about Good Morning Australia where one lady did IVF with PGD to get a girl after 7 boys. I started my reply with good on her and can't remember what else I wrote but in all the angry ladies only two others were on the pro side.

There was alot of jargon about it clogging up the IVF system and it should be saved for people who deserve it. Even stuff about no one wants to use other peoples left over embryos that they donate. I'd love to hear what NBP and others have to say about that. I don't think anyone in NZ really knows much about it at all. I have a FB group who I am really close with and I want to talk about it in there but have not felt comfortable yet.

Hi all

I've been to HRC from Aust. It cost me about $35000 all up. I have 3 sons already. It's a pretty full on thing to do. I even had to go on a low carb diet for about 5 months, was torture! We got our BFP though so it was all worth it! I'm 18.5 weeks pregnant now and looking forward to my girl being confirmed next week! Good luck on your journeys!

dadinpink
August 20th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Hi Pinkinperth

How was the HRC experience?

Girlfriend
January 8th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Tasha - so did u confirm its a Girl?