PDA

View Full Version : Hotdogz sorta-kinda Girl sway!

hotdogz&boyz
July 1st, 2014, 03:08 PM
TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Boy!!
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy (4.5), Boy (2.5), Girl (13mo)
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? Other

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I won't really say I was doing the LE diet, because it would be a somewhat falsehood. I was applying more LE principles to my life and had been taking in less nutrients and maintaining lower blood sugar than I had in the past. My diet was similar to when I conceived my daughter, but a bit more plentiful (more calories).
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
I wouldn't say any particular length of time. I had been using more LE principles since I gave birth to my daughter a year ago. I often skipped breakfast, did not snack as much and had lower nutrient items versus higher ones. I did have times where I was not doing it as much, but overall, my diet was more LE than HE. And for a longer time than a few weeks.
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
Same old, same old. He eats fairly poorly anyway. Lol. He doesn't snack very much and eats bigger meals. We did eat less red meat overall, but nothing I'd say made a difference. He is a diet soda fiend though, if that matters.
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I did not factor that into my sway
Any Diet Details?
Less nutrients, skipped breakfast, ate bigger meals and didn't really snack. Drank a fair amount of diet soda and coffee.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
Nothing of note.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I weighed 155 on a 5'10" frame, extremely similar to when I conceived my daughter (BMI...maybe 22.5?)
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
Mostly couch potato. If that is possible with three small kids. No purposeful exercise and no weight lifting except picking up the kids.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
No idea
Any VG potions used? RePhresh

CM pH at attempt
No idea.
DH pH
No idea.
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
One
BD Dates according to Ovulation 1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
I'd guess our attempt was about 18 hours before O. I had a positive test on Saturday morning, but the symptoms just didn't match. Negative test in the afternoon (when LH is usually the highest). Woke up to real ovulation CM and had a positive on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Monday morning. CM dried sometime on Monday. We BDed on Sunday afternoon.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Abstained

BD Position
Multiple
Did you Jump and Dump? Yes

Any relevant attempt details?
DH abstained for about a week. We did one attempt. I did orgasm before him (woman on top followed by missionary). I laid still for only 2-3 minutes after and then went to the bathroom and pushed what I could out. RePhresh was done the morning before our attempt (36 hours before). No lube or other potions. DH does wear briefs and we had sex at the time of day when men typically are low in testosterone.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Baby asprin
folic acid

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
DH takes both Zyrtec daily and was on OLE for about 3-4 weeks beforehand.
Did you do anything with Ions?
DH and I both had showers beforehand. And I use lavender lotion (but I don't know if I used it that day).
Moon Phase during conception?
Waning Crescent
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
I don't think so.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
It was really similar to our girl sway in 2013. I also was sleeping REALLY poorly and had been grieving for a lost friend. We had a chemical pregnancy the month before (4w2d) and I am also still breastfeeding. I was maintaining or losing weight for a good year before this sway, which I think is helpful. My OPKs also looked strangely like the OPKs when we got our daughter.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I was pretty obsessive overall in life because I was more stressed, so it spilled over into TTC as well. I also was not really eating the LE diet, I ate "junk" and wasn't low calorie or fat or protein. I wasn't paying much attention to anything in that regard.
Things worth mentioning:
We actually don't mind which gender we get at all. Originally we wanted another girl. Then my friend died and I started thinking it would be awesome to have a boy to name him after him (I told him such before he died). So we eased back a bit on the sway tactics, but I still think we stand a fair shot. DH has said he would prefer another girl. He has a soft spot for our daughter. And we could fit another girl in our house a bit easier than a boy ;) But ill be delighted with happy and healthy.

Our beautiful baby boy arrived on February 24th. He is exactly perfect for our family. I am massively in love. I don't have an ounce of regret about anything sway-related or not. Best outcome I could imagine :)

lovemy2blessings
July 1st, 2014, 07:52 PM
Congrats! Can't wait to heal an update in the near future!!!;-)

covered in blue
July 1st, 2014, 08:18 PM
Congrats :). How exciting for you all!

BlessedMomma
July 1st, 2014, 09:10 PM
Congrats on ur bfp! :)

BlessedMomma
July 1st, 2014, 09:10 PM
And im Sorry for ur loss :(

MyByC
July 2nd, 2014, 07:13 AM
Congrats. Nature will saw it's word :-)

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2014, 11:41 AM
huge congrats!!!

marriedmomof2
July 8th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Congrats hotdogz! Hope that you hear pink, again!

daisymoo
July 14th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Huge congrats Hope you hear pink!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiffani3
July 15th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Congratulations xx

hotdogz&boyz
February 24th, 2015, 08:59 PM
A fab update. I've been on both sides of a sway now. It's kinda cool. Our "failed" sway is just perfect. Not even an ounce of GD.

maidentomother
February 25th, 2015, 05:38 AM
Congrats! Post pics! Is this your last child?

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Huge congrats!!!

hotdogz&boyz
March 6th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Here is a pic of our perfect guy:

We aren't really sure if this is it or not. Not because of gender or desire or anything. We always planned four, but I am very open to a fifth. Hubby isn't sure yet. If we did decide to try again, we would sway again. I have faith that we would get what we were supposed to regardless of swaying. And it would be similar to this sway in that the outcome would not really matter much to me. I could see our family with another of either gender. I just don't know that I'm ready to hang up the "baby making" hat yet ;)

mommymachine
March 6th, 2015, 07:00 PM
He is gorgeous.

katewantsagirl
March 6th, 2015, 07:34 PM
He is just perfect!!!!! I think we will have matching families if we have one more, DS4.5, ds3 and DD 13m. I can't wait!

luvmyfam
March 6th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Congrats! He is precious :).

essnce629
March 7th, 2015, 01:28 AM
What a cutie! Congrats!!!!!

Tiffani3
March 11th, 2015, 03:01 AM
Congrats hotdogz he's beautiful xx