PDA

View Full Version : Bfp, lame attempt!

Babyxx
July 8th, 2014, 03:31 PM
So today I got a bfp, which was pretty surprising, let me give a bit of background info...
I started swaying pink last spring, I did everything, even that dreaded cardio, went down to 114lbs, lost a lot of muscle etc., got pg in Dec. but unfortunately had a mc and had to have a d&c in February of this year. I was pretty early when I mc, maybe 7-8 weeks or so, 2nd d&c and 3rd mc, also 1 chemical, so I'm not getting to excited yet but hopefully everything will be fine. I still would have loved to find out the gender of the last mc because I swayed so well and had the plan from AS and did the whole 9 yards, but I will never know. So this time I was just being really lazy about the sway because I was a bit discouraged, so we just decided to have a random attempt. I have no idea when I O, and my cycles have been anywhere from 25-31 days, so I think we BD on cd 17, but we hadn't done any releases in a long time, so I thought (tmi) let's use the second batch and maybe that will be better? I have no idea, maybe it's worse, because dh is 39 and I didn't want it to be like an abstain, I also j&d, and I have also coincidentally been taking reactine (Zyrtec) for these hives I have been getting. Usually I get pg within 1-3 months, but I never thought I would have this time, also because I just turned 38. I weigh 117 now (I'm 5'6") so not sure what bmi that is but it may be my lowest pg weight. Sorry for rambling on, I will keep trying to post my progress. My main question for Atomic though is do you think it was like an abstain that we did? I'm a bit nervous because of our ages...thanks :)

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2014, 09:29 AM
whooohooo!!!

Yes, it still counts as abstain, because the sperm were made during a period where he wasn't releasing, they're all affected by it. It's ok tho - my concern with abstain is not "if you do this dire things WILL happen" but instead "there may be a slight increase in some risks and so let's not as a general rule".

carmella_marie
July 10th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Sounds like a decent sway! You were relaxed which is important too, and one attempt is getting good results. I'm hoping this is a STICKY pink bean for you!

missxo143
July 10th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Congratulations FX for a sticky bean!

Babyxx
July 11th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Oh thanks so much everyone, I will keep you guys updated, thanks Atomic for the info :)