PDA

View Full Version : Going to N.Y-pretesting in London??

Mina81
July 10th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Hi!

We are planning to go to Dr.Braverman in N.Y for gender selection.
This is our first time, so everything is new.
We are from Norway, so this is not legal here.
What I am trying to find out, is what kind of things we will have to do before leaving to N.Y, and if this can be done in the U.K- The testing, medicines etc. I guess it will be easier to deal with someone there, as I feel Doctors in Norway woould be more judgemental about it. Also it`s probarbly less expensive, and we could make a short trip out of it.

I am thankful for any tips, from what I do need, to places to choose-we`re thinking London.
Thank you

deaks66
July 10th, 2014, 05:35 PM
The only problem with London is that not only will it require trips for Pretesting but also all your cycle monitoring too. Do u really want to be travelling to and from London on a regular basis? It might not be legal in Norway (it isn't in uk either) but I'm wandering if you could find someone who is still happy to monitor you -even if it means telling a few small white lies? If you do choose London, mr lower is fantastic!

ocean
July 10th, 2014, 05:59 PM
You don't have to say you're doing PGD. Ivf itself isn't illegal right? You are going to ny to go to the very best. Too much money to do otherwise. You could get a local monitor and save yourself so much trouble. Otherwise if you can travel regularly in London or stay in ny for a while then that's an option yes.

Mina81
July 11th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Thak you ladies, I guess you are right.
I just imagine when they see I have had to "normal" pregnancies, and if they ask me straight out if I am doing GS.
I am just not good at confrontation.
But if it means I have to go several times, I will of course try and find someone in Norway.
So.. maybe someone here knows. I will make a new tread and maybe I am lucky and find someone who has done this i my city (Bergen)

I appreciate you taking the time :-)

Pink rose 76
July 16th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Hiya Mina,

When you go for blood tests and scans you could say you only have one child and have been trying for a while for a second but no luck. If they ask where your doctor consults are you could say you know from friends that this can take an awful long time and you much prefer getting on with things yourself.

Also, regarding pretesting results coming back good, that can happen I have a couple of friends that the doctors just can't find anything wrong with the couples. There are no reasons why they shudnt get pregnant and this can sometimes happen. So they shud understand that.

I know a few white lies but will save you face in the long run I think.

Good luck with your journey Hun x

Mina81
July 18th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Thank you so much ladies, I really appreciate it.
And regarding the white lies, I am for it. Makes everything so much easier.

Have a wonderful weekend:cool: