PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcloset's pink sway

Dreamcloset
July 10th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Hi I'm new to this thread and ttc pink this year.
I have 2 boys, DS1 - Nov 2010 and DS2 - Dec 2012
For DS1, I was down with a bad cold and we bd once during that week or so.
For DS2, I was also also slightly unwell.
I was not swaying when ttc my boys.
I am 5ft3inc tall and 97lbs.
I remember prior to conceiving, I was a regular tea drinker, at least 2 cups a day, be it hot black tea, iced green tea or lemon tea. I am not a fan of milk and dairy products other than desserts. I also love spicy food.
I was also constantly fighting with DH back then. It was a very stressful time even though I am a SAHM. We ate out frequently and I usually do not take breakfast.
This time round I really wish I can get my princess!
I have tried drinking diet soda, but half a can is enough to give me a splitting headache.
I also tried cutting down on salt and potassium last week but I may have been too drastic and felt my heart beat slow down while I was lying down. I had a slice of choc cake cos of that.
Am trying to follow the below diet now:
Ard 12pm - cup of pep tea with half a tsp of brown sugar
A slice of toast with nutella, some veg soup with abit of seasoning and small red chili.
7pm - white rice with creamed leeks and veg soup with abit of seasoning and small red chili.
If I feel really awful, I will hv 3 hi calcium low sodium wheat crackers in between or before bedtime.
Would really appreciate any feedback with regards to my sway, and when should I start ttc?
Can I squeeze in half a cup of instant coffee with creamer and sugar in the AM?

ratcliffe1811
July 11th, 2014, 01:03 AM
You can have coffee, some do it to keep em going until lunch. Instead of sugar you could try sweetner (aspartame)
Salt doesn't seem to sway so if you cant adjust that im sure its fine. What is the small red chili for? Is that because you like them? lol.

Dreamcloset
July 11th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Thanks ratcliffe!
Small red chilli is called chilli padi from this side of the globe. It's really spicy and it kinda compensates for the blandness in the food! Lol!!
Hmm I'll prob look around for instant coffee without sugar in the supermarket.. The one I have at home is the 3-in-1 instant kind with sugar added in..

ratcliffe1811
July 11th, 2014, 04:04 AM
That sounds like a good idea! :agree: And I didnt know you could get coffee with sugar in it (Learn something new everyday- im easily pleased lol)

Dreamcloset
July 11th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I'm from singapore, I guess the Asian supermarkets are quite different from Tescos and M&S.. I'm straying here but I so miss the desserts in M&S in the UK!
Oh how I could kill for the amazing strawberry Devonshire cream scones! (Drooling)!!

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2014, 11:48 AM
ARE you monitoring your levels of protein, fat, calories and potassium?? I cannot imagine you are getting enough nutrients but can't know for sure without seeing your totals for hte day.

You should NOT cut back on potassium if trying to do LE Diet. It's very difficult on LE to get enough potassium and you need 2500-3500 mg for your health and well being. This is the same amount as recommended by both ingender and French diets, you aren't harming your sway in any way by getting that much. you can die from too little potassium.

Yes coffee is fine

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2014, 11:49 AM
technically the coffee is supposed to be without sweetener or with artificial sweetener. But that was something I cheated on and had my coffee with real live sugar and still got a DD. :)

odd
July 11th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Omg.. I completely overlooked the sugar detail. I had tea (indian) almost everyday with sugar in it. Is that a big no no?

Dreamcloset
July 11th, 2014, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure about my totals, I will try to calculate them.
It'll be tough to calculate potassium though, cos potassium is usually not listed!
Thanks atomic! I'll take note especially since I'm still BF DS2.

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Omg.. I completely overlooked the sugar detail. I had tea (indian) almost everyday with sugar in it. Is that a big no no?

no, not at all. Sugar is totally allowed on LE Diet for most people (excpetion is anyone with PCOS or other blood sugar issues).

WE have been trying to avoid it between meals and not for breakfast, so if having coffee or tea, technically one would avoid sugar in the mornings (but I didn't! :p)

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2014, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure about my totals, I will try to calculate them.
It'll be tough to calculate potassium though, cos potassium is usually not listed!
Thanks atomic! I'll take note especially since I'm still BF DS2.

To get around potassium, what you can do is just not deliberately avoid it. It'll be quite difficult to exceed the 3500 mg potassium as long as you aren't avoiding potassium foods. I would add in a coconut water or some fruit to be sure you're getting enough.

Dreamcloset
July 15th, 2014, 03:22 AM
Thanks atomic! I just read ur stealthy pink sway!
I have been taking ur advice about my calories and potassium levels.
Morning abt 10ish I'll have :
a cup of coffee instant with sugar
abt 162kcal, 5g fat and 28.8g sugars.
Lunch about 12ish:
2 slices of toast 133kcal, 1g fat and 5.5g protein
25.4g carbo and 254mg sodium
With a slice of emmental cheese
75kcal, 5.6g fat, 5.6g protein,0.2g sugars and 240mg sodium
Some clear veg soup with 1/4 a stock ****.
I was super hungry by about 5 so I had a small cup of diet coke.
For dinner abt 7 is:
White rice 242kcal, 0.35g fat, 53.44g carbo 4.39g protein.
Remains of soup from lunch and sneaked like half a russet potato from DH's stew..
So with about 900 kcals, I thought I could sneak in a custard puff
before bedtime.
My totals for the day would be about
1261 kcals, 43.39 fat, 39.84 protein and 174.17 carbo..
I think my sodium is prob close to abt 1000..
Any feedback on improvements I should make to this will be greatly appreciated! I intend to roughly follow this menu with slight variations in vegetables used..
I am about 5' 3" and 97 lbs, am still breastfeeding about 3 times a day.
It is almost impossible to gain weight unless I'm pregnant.. So should my daily
calorie intake be about 1500?
Thanks in advance to all!

aidansmum
July 15th, 2014, 03:26 AM
It sounds you've got pretty much all covered! I just want to say good luck with your sway with a pink bundle in the end. x

Dreamcloset
July 15th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Thanks Aidan's mum! I hope so too! Only worried abt the sodium as it's alittle on the high side..

ratcliffe1811
July 15th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Its very likely that sodium doesnt sway at all hun.

Dreamcloset
July 15th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Just trying to be careful.. Think this could be my last shot..
DH bought me a fried chicken wing today.. Crap!
That aside, just being on the LE diet for less than 2 weeks and I feel that my CM is not as much as before..

Dreamcloset
September 9th, 2014, 03:35 AM
Hi all, I've read some of the previous threads on timing and cut off but am still kinda confused.. I had DH do FR since start of AF and my cycle is about 28 days on average.. Shld I Attempt just once or can I do more than once? My previous 2 boys are conceived just by BD that one time.. I think I'm one of those who get ovulation cramps..

ratcliffe1811
September 9th, 2014, 07:46 AM
One attempt is a good idea, even though you got two boys through one attempt it still may sway towards girl and it has good results, its possible that you were doing a lot more boy friendly things at the time you conceived your boys so the one attempt didnt make a difference? If you would like to do more attempts then the next step up is every 4 days :happy:

atomic sagebrush
September 9th, 2014, 08:19 AM
oh sorry I never spotted this original q the first time: Re sodium, I think most of us are giving up that restriction because it's just so unlikely that it sways. People all around the world are eating tons of sodium and getting boys and girls doing that.

atomic sagebrush
September 9th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Hi all, I've read some of the previous threads on timing and cut off but am still kinda confused.. I had DH do FR since start of AF and my cycle is about 28 days on average.. Shld I Attempt just once or can I do more than once? My previous 2 boys are conceived just by BD that one time.. I think I'm one of those who get ovulation cramps..

Question, have you been TTC all this time and not getting pregnant???

Always stick with one attempt. IT's getting great results for us. Even if you got boys doing it before, it's still a good sway tactic. Remember, if something takes you from 80% likely to have a boy to 75% likely to have a boy, it's still swaying pink for you, just that you had a better than average chance at a boy.

Dreamcloset
September 10th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Nope, this is my first try after doing the LE diet.. My cycle is abt 28-30 days, it's prob earlier this time round cos I was stressed as we were mining to our new place.. I drd once on CD 11 and was thinking if I should DTD again on CD13? Or should I just wait till the next cycle? On CD 12 I started feeling the cramps and backache etc.. Thank u all for ur advice..

maidentomother
September 10th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Wait until CD15 to DTD. Don't before then! If you Oed on CD12/13 your timing was great, and just one time sways pink.

Dreamcloset
September 11th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Thank u! I'll try again on CD 15.. My DH has been doing FR since start of AF and if he can't release on eg CD 13 cos he said he prob ran out of semen, can I still try on CD 15?

maidentomother
September 11th, 2014, 06:40 AM
That's fine, dont worry about what DH does in between. Doesn't matter much.

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Maiden already gave the advice I was going to give! Good luck!

Dreamcloset
September 11th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks to maiden and atomic! CM seems to be more on CD 14.. Think it's O day.. If I DTD on CD 15 will it be too late by then?

maidentomother
September 12th, 2014, 11:38 AM
If you Oed on CD14 your earlier attempt is still enough. And depending on when you Oed exactly, CD15 may not be too late.

Dreamcloset
September 12th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Thank u for ur reply maiden! Well fingers crossed!!

Dreamcloset
October 26th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Hi gals, I've tried and failed for the past 2 months with DH FR from start of
AF. Hmm any ideas? DH is 47 this year and I am 33.

bluebonnet22
October 26th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Drop FR. Switch to BD every 4 days or release protected as you wish all cycle with one attempt at positive OPK.

Dreamcloset
October 26th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Thank u bluebonnet!

atomic sagebrush
October 27th, 2014, 03:18 PM

NO GUY should be doing FR that long (no more than 7-10 days) and certainly not at 47.

Drop FR and switch to having DH release on his own or with you, with a condom, every 2-4 days. Keep one attempt.

Dreamcloset
October 30th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Oops.. Ok will try that.. Thanks atomic!

Dreamcloset
January 28th, 2015, 02:41 AM
Hi all! I am due end July early aug this year! Am in week 13 now..
Was at Gynae during week 12 and while passing over potty shot, dr said she saw something there but may go either way. Is it too early to tell boy from potty shot at 12 weeks?

covered in blue
January 28th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Yes 12 weeks is too early for a potty shot. Both girls and boys have sticky out nubs. Good luck :). When is your next scan?

Dreamcloset
January 28th, 2015, 03:37 AM
In 3 weeks! Eek! Am worried cos I read that it maybe possible to tell sex at 12 weeks..

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2015, 04:09 PM
yes too early! sending a ton of pink dust!

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2015, 04:09 PM
In 3 weeks! Eek! Am worried cos I read that it maybe possible to tell sex at 12 weeks..

NOt reliably and we've seen tons of bad ultrasound guesses by doctors and tech to prove it.

Dreamcloset
January 31st, 2015, 05:42 AM
Thank u atomic! Let's wait and see..

Mum4life
February 3rd, 2015, 07:43 PM
Good luck! Hoping you hear pink! How long were you on the diet for?

maudster
February 3rd, 2015, 10:56 PM
Good luck, excited to hear what the gender is…PINK dust!!

Dreamcloset
March 1st, 2015, 10:35 PM
Update:
Pregnant with 3rd boy!

kitkat18
March 2nd, 2015, 12:25 AM
Congrats dreamcloset!! Sorry it wasn't your little lady but I'm sure your third boy will be a charmer XX

maidentomother
March 2nd, 2015, 12:44 AM
Congrats on your 3rd boy and I'm sorry the sway didn't work. Will you try again? Any reflections in hindsight?

Could you fill out & post a sway attempt questionnaire and add it to our pink sway statistic spreadsheet? I'm very curious on exactly how you conceived and the details of what you were doing just prior to conception. Every bit of info helps! :)

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks for update and congrats on your son.