PDA

View Full Version : How long @ HRC if doing full cycle there?

snowflowr82
July 7th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Hi i am contemplating just going to California for the whole cycle and being monitored by Dr. Potter if thats an option instead of dealing with driving 350miles to the nearest location here in Alaska. I was wondering how long i would need to be down there? I can of course do the pretesting tests up here such as sonohystergram and bloodwork ect... I'm 28 hubby is 34. Thanks just trying to find out costs of hotels ect and time frame for me with having 2 kids too.

Shari

nuthinbutpink
July 7th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Around 17-18 days.

Dr. Potter
July 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Hi i am contemplating just going to California for the whole cycle and being monitored by Dr. Potter if thats an option instead of dealing with driving 350miles to the nearest location here in Alaska. I was wondering how long i would need to be down there? I can of course do the pretesting tests up here such as sonohystergram and bloodwork ect... I'm 28 hubby is 34. Thanks just trying to find out costs of hotels ect and time frame for me with having 2 kids too.

Shari
Hi There. I would say 18-21 days to be on the safe side.

snowflowr82
July 8th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Thank you, just think it would be easier and is the monitoring/ultrasounds while on the meds included in the price of everything when you pay up front for the cycle or is it extra? thanks

Dr. Potter
September 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Thank you, just think it would be easier and is the monitoring/ultrasounds while on the meds included in the price of everything when you pay up front for the cycle or is it extra? thanksThe monitoring is included in the price so might as well be out here

Louby
September 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM
We were out there for 23 days, travelling from the UK and it gave us time to settle in. I had my 1st scan 2days after we arrived. I would check that Dr P was going to be there as he wasn't when i went and the other doctors done the scans. I only met with Dr P on the day of retrieval. I would have liked for him to have done all the scans and to know what was going on from the start. The other doctors were very nice but i think it is good to have the 1 doctor from start to finish. We had a few extra days at the end, good for bed rest but also incase extra days for stims was needed.

Dr. Potter
September 21st, 2011, 08:53 PM
We were out there for 23 days, travelling from the UK and it gave us time to settle in. I had my 1st scan 2days after we arrived. I would check that Dr P was going to be there as he wasn't when i went and the other doctors done the scans. I only met with Dr P on the day of retrieval. I would have liked for him to have done all the scans and to know what was going on from the start. The other doctors were very nice but i think it is good to have the 1 doctor from start to finish. We had a few extra days at the end, good for bed rest but also incase extra days for stims was needed.This is a good point. I am sorry that I was not able to spend more time with you and do your scans. I encourage patients to coordinate with Lori to make sure that I am around during their monitoring as much as is possible. For the actual procedures (OPU and ET), I will not ever let them be scheduled when I am away unless the patient insists. I hope that your experience was a meaningful and positive part of your journey despite this.