PDA

View Full Version : Norway?

Mina81
July 11th, 2014, 03:12 PM
I am wondering if there might be someone from Norway here.
I am from Bergen and have just started planning this yourney towards New York and gender selection.
I would love to hear from you and how you got started here in Norway
:bluecheer:

Angel29ique
July 14th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Hi Mina, im not from Norway but am dutch and live in Danmark.
:-) i hope you have found your way around here, people are very nice and helpfull!

Mina81
July 14th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Thank you Angel29ique.

Yes, I do have that impression, wich makes everything a lot easier.
I was just hoping for some local advice on where to start here at home :-)
Wish you all the best

fffe
July 22nd, 2014, 06:19 PM
Hi Im not from Norway but Denmark(but now living in Switzerland-DH work). Sounds exciting you are going to NY. Im planing the same, but need to do more research. Nice to see some people from Scandinavia :-) when are you planing your NY trip? And which doctor?

Mina81
July 27th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Hi fffe!

Nice to hear from you :-)
I am planning to see Dr Braverman in New York, I actually have my first consultation(by phone) this coming week.
We are planning to go Desember/Januar maybe, but still have a long way to go. Looking forward to talking to him and get some of my questions answered.
How about you, whe are you planning?

Littlemo
September 22nd, 2014, 06:27 AM
Hello Mina,

I'm from Norway as well. Not from Bergen though. We are also planning cycling, but in Cyprus Genesis clinic.
Would love to hear your experience with the clinic in NY. Have you scheduled your pretesting?

Mina81
November 4th, 2014, 02:17 AM
Hei Littlemo.
Soory for my late reply! I have been taking a break from all of this for some months now. But I have now started planning again. I had my consult by phone, and are now about to make the payment to get this all started. How far are you in the process? Did you have your consult here in Norway? I am a bit nervous about this, but I think I have found the doctor. Just hoping she doesn`t ask too many questions, and that she is not negative towards this.. We are hoping to get to N.Y in february, and so far Dr.Bravermann has been wonderful.
Hope to hear from you :-)

fffe
November 9th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Hej Mina 81

How was you talk with DRr.Bravermann? Can I ask how much its going to cost? Ca?
Think We will go to New York end of 2015, in fall. Hope your doctor is cool about it. Fingers crossed all works out well. Can I ask why you do gender selection? We have 4 boys - so you can maybe guess why we want to do it ;-)

lisvna
November 17th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Hi all!

I know some people from Sweden from this forum who went to clinic R in Czech Republic. I have heard many people from Scandinavian countries go the Czech Clinic because it's cheaper then US an Cyprus and nearby. They also use ACGH (24 chromosome) testing.

Good luck with your cycle!

fffe
November 19th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Hi Lisvna
Can see you have been to both Cyprus and Czech. Why Czech the second time? Where can I find more info about Clinic R? Sorry all my question. But want my baby girl.....:-)

lisvna
November 25th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Yes I went to both. Eventually I went to CZ because I found CZ clinic cheaper (4000 euros) and aCGH testing so all 24 chromosomes instead of fish 5 probe. Also I could drive it so more convenient.

I didn't succeed anymore with Savvas so I changed clinic.

You can find more information at the paid section of this website. People post their cycle sticky so you can follow their journeys. At the moment there are around 4 people who are cycling at CZ.

Dreamsister
January 4th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Hello ladies. I am new here, from Scandinavian, 39 years of age. I am the proud mother of 3 lovely boys (aged 4, 7 and 8) and feels strongly about having my 4th and last child. My husband is not so happy about the idea of having a 4th unless it is a girl. Me too off course would love to add a girl to the family, but I am not sure, if we can afford HT and have the guts to do HT in another country. I am really confused about where to start and what to do. I think I have to do a lot of research and thinking. It is nice to know there are other women like me with the same thoughts and wishes. I hope we can be a help to eachother.

SaraB
February 7th, 2015, 03:13 AM
Hi there,

Im from Sweden! Half norweigan though cause my dad is from Norway ;) I got a babygirl from Genesis! In about 2 years we are doing PGD again for a littlesister and then I will be around 29/30! I keep a opend mind about what clinic to choose, for sure Dr Savvas got me pregnant first time so thats an option, USA have better rates so thats also a very good option but a bigger "journey" and now im interesting about Clinic R since it seem to be good aswell, cheaper and closer! :)

heather_twig
February 17th, 2015, 04:51 AM
Hi I'm from Sweden too :) I wanted to go to Czech Rep but when I e-mailed them of course they said no cause its illegal there. Ive heard that unofficially they still let you choose sex when you do PGD or is it much stricter there now. Anyone who knows? Cyprus is like 20000sek more expensive right?

/Hanna

Littlemo
February 19th, 2015, 08:53 AM
I'm curious about Clinic R as well. We are going to Cyprus this summer. Found it difficult that you couldn't be open whit Clinic R. And the only reason we're doing PGD is to get a girl. What if you only get boy embrios? And are you able to choose?

SaraB
February 24th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Genesis is more expensive than Clinic R but as Littlemo said, it feels so wrong to not be able to be open about it and what happend when there is only XY? Shoudl you refuse to put them in then? Im not gonna do PGD until 2-3 years but it will be intresting to see what happends in that time! Dr Savvas does get women pregnant, maybe not at first try but within 2-3 tries and if you talk with him if you are under 33 you shoule be able to cycel for free if you donīt get pregnant or get your money back!

lisvna
February 24th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Sarab how do you know Savvas Will let you cycle for free or money back?

I have never heard of seen that at this forum. Everybody has paid money as far as I know some with reduced prices maybe but never for free. Is it new policy maybe to get more patients? I can imagine he loose many patients to other clinics these days...

Clinic **** is also an option in Czech I have heard they are less strict....

SaraB
February 25th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Livsna, Savvas attached a file last time we emaild and in there is stood that under 33 years you get your money back or you cycel for free, but he know me, so maybe he dosenīt attached that file to everyone under 33, or he just started with it! I think he have good result under 33 years old & might lose some woman cause of his cost, its cheaper in Czech! I will look into **** clinic! For me, Genesis is an option cause he did me a OHW and I love Cyprus so I kind of think its stupid of me to not give him a try atleast once! :) Hope you are feeling well, in a short time you finally have your babygirl! Mine is 8 months on sunday! Time flies..

Here is a copy of what it stood in the file:

12. In the event that the outcome of such treatment proves unsuccessful, the patient may request for a fresh attempt completely free of charge (other than medication, additional tests and ultra sound scans, which the clinic may advise) or a full refund to the initial investment (excluding the costs of medication, pre-treatment tests and ultra sound scans already paid).

Thats good for us under 33 I think! :)

ever hopeful
February 25th, 2015, 04:32 AM
Lis, I think this is something he has offered to those under 30 for a while - I seem to remember him saying something to me when I was there and we were talking about success rates and age (which I took with a pinch of salt at the time!) - apparently his under 30's stats were excellent two years ago ..... He was going on about people leaving things too late these days and expecting the same results as someone in their 20's - I was obviously a case in point...... xx

SaraB
February 25th, 2015, 04:43 AM
I think its good for us under 33, cause I really think he can make many woman under 33 pregnant wihtin 2 tries! :)

lisvna
February 25th, 2015, 09:18 AM
If it's free of charge defenetly try it you can't loose anything with it!!!

What does a cycle cost nowadays? Which testing method does he perform still fish 5 probe or acgh day 5?

SaraB
February 26th, 2015, 02:42 AM
Thats what I also think, so if women under 33 dosnīt get pregnant at first atleast they get try 2 for free, still you must pay flights hotel etc but I guess thats worth it since you donīt pay for the treatment then! Savvas test also acgh now and thats for sure what I gonna test when I do it again! :) I hope to see a succesful rates from there coming years cause I think he is good! :)

SaraB
February 26th, 2015, 02:42 AM
I donīt know price for cycel but when I did it, it was 6700€ + 1200€ spermsort + meds.

lisvna
February 26th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Ah oke so 2 times more expensive then CZ. Hmmmm then you have to figure out what the costs are for travel and hotel and do the math again. And take in count that CZ does acgh day 5 testing and only transfer one embryo at the time to avoid twins (risk) pregnancy.

As far as I know savvas does acgh day 3 testing isn't it? From what I undestand from this forum it's not accurate for gender.

Are you sure you get money back if you don't succeed after one try? I know other clinics offers cycles packages. You pay 3 cycles in front and if you don't get pregnant you get your money back.

4boyz
February 26th, 2015, 06:13 PM
I have also recently enquired with savvas and he told me the same think you have to have extra pretesting done, so maybe it's a new thing he's introduced but unfortunately it wouldn't apply to me anyway as I'm 36

Littlemo
February 27th, 2015, 03:24 AM
He said something about the guarantee to us, because I'm 29, however, he had to see the pretests before we could get anything for certain.

Littlemo
February 27th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Have never heard anything about Savvas doing acgh.

SaraB
February 27th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Genesis will be more exspensive than Clinic R of course, but I think many find it dificult with the lying part or "not telling the truth" at Clinic R hard! At Genesis is open and Savvas knows what you want! Im not sure if he test acgh day 3 or 5, but I know he test it, but I think it cost more and you have to ask for it? It seem to be something new he started with cause like I copied, it says that you get money back or a free cycel if your under 33 years old, but I think it depends on your pretest, if they are bad maybe he wont give you money back!

Since im not doing PGD in a few years I can watch and follow what happend to the diffrent clinics, thats awsome, hopefully they both will have many BFP! :)

lisvna
February 27th, 2015, 06:14 AM
Littlemo acgh at Savvas is indeed something new and I think with acgh you must do FET you can't get a fresh transfer. But that's the same with clinic R. It's important to know if it's acgh day 3 or day 5 and if it is the same cost as fish testing. I think it will be more expensuve the what you paid sarab.

Untill now the stats of clinic R are better then Savvas stats. I'm curious how his stats will change with his new testing method.

I understand the lying part is very difficult but if I would had to start all over again I would def try to find a way to go to clinic R simply because their stats are better. And yes Savvas did got me pregnant on my second try but I transfered 4 embryos at once and not only one.....

Sarab I totally understand you want to go back to Savvas because you were a OHW with him. I would have done the same I think. Why change things if it has worked for you?!?!

SaraB
February 27th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Its nice to hear Clinic R have good sats and little bit sad that Savvas dosenīt have it, but like you said, maybe it change with some new testings? I havnīt decide clinic yet, but for sure is Clinic R an option! Maybe they are "easier" with PGD in 3 years, atleast we can hope so ;) I will be around 30 so I donīt have a good reason for PGD if they ask, that would be my problem and also if there is no XX, what to do then? But if Clinic R is keeping on the good sats it will be on top of my list aswell! :)

lisvna
February 28th, 2015, 12:29 PM
They had always good stats but it was never mentioned here because people didn't know so much about this clinic....

Littlemo
February 28th, 2015, 01:41 PM
But what if you don't have any XX? Would you have to put back XY. And what is the excuse to do PGD if you don't have any fertility issues? What to say, how to lie? [emoji15]

lisvna
March 3rd, 2015, 07:29 AM
Littlemo at the dreammember section we have a cycle sticky "cycling at R clinic". You can find all the information you want!

You won't get forced to transfer an xx ;)

SaraB
March 5th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Ok, yes you probably right, its only the lying part that feels strange..

Pinklady35
June 22nd, 2015, 04:03 PM
Hi can I ask did you go to genesis and did it work ?

mic
August 11th, 2015, 08:37 AM
I am from Norway also and is struggling to decide whether to go to New York or Cyprus (Genesis). I have not turned 30 yet so if Genesis really have that guarantee, I would be happy to hear about it :-) We are really hoping for a girl so that is why we are planning to do IVF overseas. Have any of you any recommendations to me in terms of where to go?

ever hopeful
August 11th, 2015, 01:02 PM
If money isn't an issue and your pre-testing is fine I'd go to the US as you will more than likely be a OHW which mightn't be the case in Cyprus. Good luck. x

mic
August 11th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Thank you very much! Got a quote from one of the U.S. clinics today and that was 20.000$ plus travels and medications.. No way we can manage that :( But Prague would be a lot closer to us (Norway) and I have seen reviews that many are happy with different clinics there. (Clinic R and C??? I can figure what they are) But do they really do GS? What if they refuse just when you are about to transfer? Have that ever happened, do you know?

Mathilde
August 12th, 2015, 08:29 AM
You are never sure, that's the risk.. Are you a dream member there is lots of info there:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlfaOmega
May 12th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Thank you very much! Got a quote from one of the U.S. clinics today and that was 20.000$ plus travels and medications.. No way we can manage that :( But Prague would be a lot closer to us (Norway) and I have seen reviews that many are happy with different clinics there. (Clinic R and C??? I can figure what they are) But do they really do GS? What if they refuse just when you are about to transfer? Have that ever happened, do you know?

Hei!

Fra Norge her også og trenger tips og råd! Har dere bestemt dere for klinikk? Vil helst til USA, men blir for dyrt og lurer derfor hvilken klinikk man bør velge!

Milla
September 28th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Hi, I am from Norway as well. I think it is really confusing to choose which clinic. I have heard that the technology is more advanced in the States. But here is what I donīt understand; is it better because you more easily get pregnant, or is it more probable that you will get the preferred sex of the baby?
All the clinic says that the probability of getting the preferred sex when you use both PDG and IVF is 99,9%, so Iīm assuming that the success rates is based on how easy you get pregnant?? *Feeling confused* :giggle:

adnilleinad
September 29th, 2016, 08:49 AM
No it has to do with the competence of the Doctor, the right medicine (aggressive in the us), to get the highest amount off follicles without risking the quality of them (it's a fine line) the quality of lab to make them survive, the kind of biopsy made, and the skills during egg transfer by the dr.

Babybell
October 17th, 2016, 11:40 PM
Hi everyone :) I am also from Norway and have been looking into IVF with spermdoner abroad since I'm singel now. I am looking for advice and talk to someone in the not necessarily same, but similar situation.

I'm 42 years old, have two boys, age 21 and 2 years old. Trying with partner for baby nr 2 to get pregnant. Did IVF and medications here in Norway, but no pregnancy. Ovulation 2 weeks after I got pregnant the "normal" way. I really would like to have a babygirl, a little sister sibling for my 2 year old.
I have been in contact with R in Czech. Here is their answer:

For IVF with your own eggs there is no waiting time so you can start the stimulation whenever you want (with your next period). The price for IVF is 1950,- Eur (IVF+ICSI+extended cultivation). A-CGH test of each embryo cost 350 Eur. Embryotransfer is set to 320 Eur. Cryopreservation of the embryos is not included.

The price does not include STDīs, freezing/storage of surplus embryos and the medication you will need (the price of medication depends on prescribed dosage and type of protocol).

Primarly, f you are interested in visiting our clinic, I would like to ask you to fill up the "first virtual visit" on our web site: R....

Also it is crucially important for us to know your hormonal profile (FSH, LH, E2, TSH, prolactin and AMH). Please ask your doctor to collect your blood on the day 2-3 of your period to obtain these results. Then I will need your ultrasound scan result and your partnerīs sperm analysis. When you have collected all these documents, I would kindly ask you to post them over to me.

On that basis our doctor will create your personal stimulation protocol.

We have only caucausian rase sperm donors from Czech Republic.

If you happen to have a doctor locally who can help you with the ultrasound scans, you can start the stimulation in your own country, keep us updated on the results and come here only for the egg retrieval and embryo transfer.

We will freeze the embryo on the day 5-6 of their cultivation and then do the testing.

The result will be known within a month. Then you can start your preparation for frozen embryo transfer.

We do not provide sex selection of the child.

Anyone been to R in Czech? It looks like they dont do fresh embryotransfer, so I have to go 2 trips to the clinic. I was reading somewhere in here that the prosess took only 10 days and I guess that is when they transfer fresh embryo? Was that in Cyprus maby?. Maby the total amount of money will be the same?

I want to reply to the e-mail and ask if I get to know if the embryos are XX or XY, and if I get to choose wich one to put in. I'm also waiting for C in Czech to reply.

I will se my primary doctor this week and I hope he can take the blodtests and also refer me to an gynecologist to do the ultrasound. If everything goes smoothly I might be pregnant in desember or january.

Babybell
October 19th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Here is another reply from R...in Czech. You can se they dont let me choose the sex of the embryo

Hello Marit,

Please see the answers below:

I dont know the quality of my eggs, so I might be interested in having a donoregg. I just want to know if that is a posibility when I am there, or does it take time to arrange so I have to come back later? What is the price for the donoregg?
If you want to undergo an IVF with donor eggs we will need: spermiogram of your partner, blood types (both of you), latest ultrasound result, results of STD's tests (both of you and from last 24 months). Currently we are scheduling couples for January 2017. The price is 4900€ and does not include the cryopreservation of surplus embryos and medication for you.

I also want to know if you can get donorsperm from the European Spermbank? If that is a possibility I would like to know the price. We have only sperm donors from our spermbank.

After the A-CGH test is done, do I get to choose if there is more than one fertilized egg? Can I choose the egg with XY for instance? You can’t choose the gender of the transfered embryo.

Is there possible to get a fresh embryo transfer? I guess I'm hoping if its possible to take 1 trip to the clinic insted of 2? I can stay for 2 weeks, but not for 1 month, and I'm unsure if I can afford 2 trips because I would have to bring my 2 year old and my Au-Pair also.
You can have the fresh embryotransfer and come only for one visit (6-7 days altogether).

Babybell
October 19th, 2016, 03:05 PM
The reply from C... in Czech:
Dear Marit,

Thank you for your email. Congratulations to your big family and healthy sons.

I am afraid we are not able to prepare the treatment for you. Firstly, we provide the treatment for couples only. Secondly, to undergo the IVF therapy due to a gender selection is against the law in Czech Republic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Babygirlquest
October 19th, 2016, 03:39 PM

Babybell
October 20th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Thank you Babygirlquest. Think I will have to just forget about Czech clinics. I have emailed Genisis, Crown IVF center and Bahceci in Cyprus, and are waiting for their reply. I have also contacted Medical center IGR in Kiev, Ukraine. I dont want to travel too far so in contacting those that are in Europe.

Do anybody know what other countries in Europe where GS is legal?

AlfaOmega
October 21st, 2016, 07:45 AM
Hello!

From Norway here as well!
I think it is legal at Genesis.
We will do pgd in 1-2 year, but important to do the research :)

XX Dreams
November 13th, 2016, 04:22 AM
Hi,
I'm from Denmark -lovely to hear your stories.....
We are now looking into different clinics - primarely in Cyprus. It's far to expensive to ho to the US.

We have considered different clinics in Cyprus. But we dont know which one to choose........

What are your experience with

Crown clinic?

North Cyprus IVF Clinic?

Genesis?

I would really appreciate your advise :running:

Babygirlquest
November 13th, 2016, 09:52 AM

Claire33
November 13th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Genesis is the only reliable one on Cyprus.

XX Dreams
November 16th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Thank you for your advice- we have landed on Genesis and have already initiated first contact.
They seem very helpful and resourceful within their field.

My question is now- how open do they discuss genderselection?
I have send them a mail in which I ask quite openly about it......I've had no reply....now I'm concerned about, if I have offended them.....

Should I write again or should I call the clinic?

Babygirlquest
November 16th, 2016, 05:12 PM

XX Dreams
November 17th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Thanks - i'll force my over eager self to wait :nails::nails: