PDA

View Full Version : My baby girl is here early at 32 weeks.

GreaseMonkey
July 12th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. Well our little girl Emah Helena was born on my Birthday on June 25th, at 32 weeks 1 day via emergency c-section. I was admitted in the hospital on June 20th after my fluid was extremely low, below normal, and baby measuring 3 weeks behind. I was being monitored closely and given medication and 2 steroid shots for her lungs but on my birthday I had developed severe per-eclampsia and was told I would have an emergency section. I was really in bad shape, I could hardly breathe, I was shaking, I was lethargic, BP was way in the 190s so there was no option but to deliver. I was scared, upset that things took a wrong turn in a matter of hours
Emah was born at 3:11pm with her namesake by my side!! She was immediately prepped and sent to the NICU for being small. Baby girl came out swinging, wide awake, and healthy other than being small. She was only 2 lbs and 8 oz but was alert and full of attitude from the minute she came out!!!
I remained in the hospital until the 30th due to BP issues. They could not regulate my BP and they didn't want to let me go home. Emah still remains in the hospital and is breathing on her own. She is in the incubator with a feeding tube due to her being little. She is already eating about 1 oz every 3 hours and other than a few breathing pauses she is doing well and is working on getting some meat on her bones so she can come home
It has been really hard, I live about 45 minutes away from the hospital so it's hard for me to go see her daily so I go when I can which is 2 or 3 times a week. Not enough but I have 2 boys to think of and a recovery so I have to take what I can. Hubby is coming home in less than 30 days so I am excited for August to be here already!!!

oncue
July 13th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Wow she is just divine! Congratulations! Sorry u had to go through a scary ordeal, but it's good to know u are both doing well. Will be lovely for ur whole family to be together soon xox

odd
July 13th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Wowwww...shes def a gorgeous girl. Congratulations again ;-)

coocoobananas
July 13th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Congrats again!!

TishTashTosh
July 13th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Congratulations - what a cutie :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

covered in blue
July 13th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Congrats :) She's delicious!

lisvna
July 13th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Congrats!

Jany1025
July 13th, 2014, 06:47 AM
I was thinking of you! Huge congrats!! Glad you finally chose a name ha! Beautiful!

I hope your son is well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abifasc
July 13th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Wow she's beautiful! Praying she continues to grow healthy and strong!!

GreaseMonkey
July 13th, 2014, 09:29 AM
I was thinking of you! Huge congrats!! Glad you finally chose a name ha! Beautiful!

I hope your son is well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Yeah, we chose the name when my son was still in the hospital. On the night he was woken up from his coma he couldn't say much so the next day he woke up asking for hot dogs and cheeseburger lol On that day in my home country Cyprus, it was he name day of people who were named after the Saints, Constantine and Helen and since a lot of my family lit candles in their names we chose Helen as a middle name and chose a different spelling of my MIL's name (Emma) so it really flowed well together!! I have this weird thing, I have to say the names of my kids as I would call them when they misbehaved so I had o repeat over and over again "Emah Helena, get your butt down here".. So it worked and there it was, we came up with the name :)

Kristofer is doing great, he was given the all clear, he is back to his old self 100% and most likely doesn't remember or remembers very little. Both boys started swimming lessons and so far all is well :)

Petal
July 13th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Congrats on your beautiful baby girl Emah!! she is gorgeous!!

So pleased to hear that Kristofer is doing well now, and that your dh will soon be home :-)) x

GreaseMonkey
July 14th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Thank you Petal :)

deaks66
July 14th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Oh my gosh she is absolutely gorgeous!! Sounds like a scary time, so glad things are going well

The Anchor
July 14th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Speedy recovery for both! HUGS, she is GORGEOUS

faithuk
July 14th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Congrats she is gorgeous xx

Tiffani3
July 14th, 2014, 03:22 PM
She just melts your heart what a beauty.
So pleased you both and kristofer are all well. Enjoy your beautiful family xx

foxymrsg
July 14th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Congratulations! She is gorgeous! Praying she continues to go from strength to strength x

HopingForHairbows
July 14th, 2014, 04:28 PM
She is absolutely beautiful momma. I am sorry that you two had a rough go of it, but I am happy to hear that you are both doing well now. I hope she gets to come home soon!

luckyfourleafclover
July 14th, 2014, 04:48 PM
WOW - what strong little fighters you have, so glad there's a happy ending to such a stressful time - I really hope you are being looked after too?!

take care of yourself

Nahri
July 14th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Congrats Hope you are both doing well after an emergency c-sect!!!!

GreaseMonkey
July 14th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Thanks everyone, we are hanging in there :)

aidansmum
July 15th, 2014, 03:42 AM
She is so gorgeous and you both did so well! Cuddles! x

Mrsandmama
July 15th, 2014, 10:27 AM
What a BEAUTIFUL baby girl!!! Congrats mama!!!

Dollydot
July 15th, 2014, 03:18 PM
She is totally adorable! Xxx