PDA

View Full Version : stephk TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt- It's a Girl!

stephk
July 13th, 2014, 08:52 AM
TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Girl!
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
1 DS
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
Yes
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
Not snacking was the hardest. I got used to not eating breakfast over time but ended up having to reintroduce breakfast a week or so before I conceived because I had a couple of scary dizzy spells (probably through tiredness more than anything). I also went vegetarian monday to thursday then relaxed at the weekend.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
8-9 months
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
He tolerated a couple of vegetarian meals a week but would complain and would continue to snack on packets of ham, full fat coke, full fat milk, cheese, etc etc. Constantly eating, constantly opening the fridge, so annoying!!!
DId you consume alcohol? A couple of drinks per week

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I did not factor that into my sway
Any Diet Details?
Monday to thursday I was vegetarian and I tried to do 1800-2000 cals, or maximum calls for 50-60g protein and 30% fat. The reason for this was I burned so much through exercise that my net calories were too low on some days in my opinion. I did my best friday to sunday but would often consume 3000 cals.... I couldn't do the diet 7 days a week and less is still less.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
My weight fluctuated around 58-59kg since January. I lost all my weight at the start of doing the diet and exercise properly. So my BMI was 20-20.4
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
My weight has fluctuated between 54kg-72kg as an adult. I had no desire to be my lowest adult weight as I am 5'7" and look thin as 58/59kg. I weighed 70kg when I conceived my DS so this was good enough for me (although I would have been happy to TTC at 64kg!)

I was doing daily cardio since September/October, sometimes 7 days a week but mostly 6 days. in the last month it was 5 because my DH didn't like the time I was spending in the gym and I didn't want to constantly argue about it. My regime was one hour of aerobics on saturday then 5 days of an hour on the cross trainer followed by 30 mins yoga/pilates. One day a week I would do weights before the cross trainer because of RSI issues. I also had to do daily squats (3 sets of 20) and shoulder bridges again because of back injury.

This is so different to when DS was conceived - I was doing weights 3 times a week, yoga and pilates.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
no idea, not into that stuff
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
not into this either
DH pH
not into this either :)
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 4 Days Before O
1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
-
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers BD every few days

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? For some attempts

Any relevant attempt details?
I got a blaring positive OPK at 1pm - exactly when loads of guests were supposed to be arriving. DH said lets go now, and I said lets wait until everyone has left and he said no now we don't want to miss it and they won't be on time! So I told him he had better be quick! Not the best experience ever and the pressure did get to him poor thing but he managed it! I stayed flat for 10 mins after and did not wipe when I got up. I waited at least an hour before going to the loo and wiping (TMI and YUK!) I drank A LOT that day so I am glad we attempted when we did and not after all that food and drink!!
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements folic acid

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
Once i had been on the diet for 6 months, and because of my short LP, atomic recommended zinc 3 times a week.
Did you do anything with Ions?
I painted my nails when I remembered and used lavender oil on my pillow when I remembered. I had also dried my hair with a hairdryer that has an ioniser in it. none of this was because I thought it would do anything but if i happened to remember/needed to do it anyway, i did.
Moon Phase during conception?
New Moon
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
no
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
length of time on the diet, committed to exercise 5-7 times a week, one attempt
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I had slackened on the diet a bit as I had been on it for so long. Also ate a bit more in the week leading up to O, because O was delayed and I was worried about losing it (after having such a long cycle when coming off BCP) so i ate more, plus I was eating breakfast. This is so very minor though in the grand scheme of things!!

Also my husband would often pick fights with me knowing I do not take crap because he knows all about the testosterone/martha theories etc and would want to wind me up on purpose!!!!
Things worth mentioning:
I probably had more of a relaxed sway than most but I did what I could do. To be honest, I am so thrilled to finally be pregnant that I would be happy with a boy or girl. We prayed a lot to god and asked him to bless us with a healthy child. We told Him that we would prefer a girl but if he sent us a boy we would love him no matter what.

Forgot to mention that I was having fertility acupuncture right before I was due to O every month because I felt I needed help in this department!!

The other thing I totally forgot: my DH is a cyclist and once the clocks are forward he cycles every day to work so that's 90 min a day, Monday to Friday. About a couple of months before we conceived he bought these cycling shorts which would have kept things very warm!

Found out today at 16 weeks at a gender scan that our prayers were answered and it's a girl! Thanks be to god for this blessing and for putting atomic here and massive thanks to atomic for helping so many! I can highly recommend the personalised plan! Thank you atomic!!

missxo143
July 13th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Congratulations.

BlessedMomma
July 13th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Yayyyy looks like a great sway. I hope u get ur girl :)

oncue
July 13th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Great sway! Fingers crossed for a pink bundle xo

SamS_TTCPink
July 13th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Congratulations again steph!! I'm so excited to be finally reading this. After so long on LE, the problems you had coming off BC and the effort you've put in, I sure hope you hear pink! 😊

MyByC
July 13th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Congrats mommy! I'm happy for you.
Let your little wished girl come :-)

eleena2014
July 13th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Hope u get your little girl.xx

lovemy2blessings
July 13th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Congrats! I hope you have your baby girl!!!

dreamingofwin
July 13th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Arghhh!!!! Yey!!!! Congratulations!!!! Bet thats is a pink bundle right there xx

laVieEnRose
July 13th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Fantastic sway! Hoorray for you ! X

foxymrsg
July 13th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Congratulations I really hope you hear pink! Sounds like a great sway!

stephk
July 13th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Thanks everyone so much :)

essnce629
July 13th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Good luck Steph!!!! Hope you hear girl after all your hard work! So excited for you!

bluebonnet22
July 13th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Great sway - so happy for you! I wish you lots of luck for a pink sticky bean!!

Junie
July 14th, 2014, 05:33 AM
I'm so excited for you and I think you did a fabulous sway!

marriedmomof2
July 14th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Yayyy!! Congrats! I hope that you hear pink!

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2014, 04:01 PM
so happy steph!! pink dust headed your way.

daisymoo
July 14th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Great sway! So hope it's a pink one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dollych
July 29th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Yaaayyy!!!, so chuffed for you. It's a great sway!!. I really, really hope you hear Pink after all your hard work.
Good luck xxx

kitkat18
July 30th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Yeha!!!! Steph surely you got your little lady in there XXX
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

maidentomother
August 4th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Huge congrats! So happy you finally got knocked up. :)

stephk
October 7th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Found out today at a gender scan it's a girl :)

Junie
October 7th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Yay yay yay Steph!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you:D:D

missxo143
October 7th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Yay!! That is wonderful news huge congratulations

maidentomother
October 7th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Yaaaay! So happy for you!

MyByC
October 7th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Steph, have you told your hubby?

Mamato3?
October 7th, 2014, 10:05 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I'm sure you'll have even more happier news tomorrow after the NHS scan!!!
:fingers: for you!

sweetdream
October 7th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Congrats!!!

stephk
October 7th, 2014, 10:49 AM
no as far as he knows, i dont know. This is between us ;)

atomic sagebrush
October 7th, 2014, 10:59 AM
So happy for you!! Huge congrats!!!

MyByC
October 7th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Steph, let me give you an idea to tell your boys.
Just make a cake with pink cream inside and outside blue/pink colors designed.
Tell your hubby, you asked the hospital to tell dirrectly at confectionary cake the gender so they make the cake. You took the cake home and you will both find what color/gender hides inside. You need to video this! I would love to see his reaction :)))

stephk
October 7th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Haha that's a lovely idea :) he won't be coming to a scan until Christmas tho so I might have to think on that one. As far as he knows, my first opportunity to find out will be the 20 week scan on 4th nov but he can't come. So we have a 4d HD scan at Christmas and he thinks we will either find out together then or go team green.

nuthinbutpink
October 7th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Congrats! So happy the plan worked for you!

MyByC
October 7th, 2014, 02:21 PM
You need to let him feel he found out same time with you. He's the one that helped you have this PINKY!🎀
Good luck

keepthefaith
October 7th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Omg so pleased for you!!!!

kitkat18
October 7th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Beyond thrilled for you gorgeous enjoy your pink party!! Xx
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

RunningForDreams
October 8th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Congratulations!! I remember you, I have been reading a lot in here (not writing much, just reading and researching) and you were writing about the short luteral phase, I have the same... So good to see you were succesful makes me feel better about the whole swaying. Also you ate so many calories, I also need a lot as I am breastfeeding and exercising!

You must be thrilled now! Can I just ask you one question. What did you end up eating to meet so many calories without going too high on protein? Did you eat a lot of bread/rice etc. or sugar? Thanks if you have time to answer this.

So happy for you.

stephk
October 8th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Thank you!! Not sure if you ever came across this thread but I posted a lot of my meals here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/43559-le-meal-ideas-recipes.html

I also posted in the what are we eating threads but that might be difficult to find.

If you are breastfeeding and exercising then you will definitely need to do the upper limits of the diet (I'm sure atomic has told you this)

The diet is great because it is so flexible - you decide on the limits you can tolerate and then you fit your 2-3 meals around that. I filled up on lots of "free" food like salads and veggies. Low fat soups were also a great filling option. I also found that jacket potatoes and sweet potatoes were a good way to fill up for not much fat and protein. I'm not massively into fizzy pop and sugary stuff, I did have it sometimes but it's just not my thing and I never touched diet coke or anything like that, I don't like "diet" foods with fake sugars, it's just personal preference.

The only things I cut out were breakfast cereal and fruit juice.

My aims for totals were 1800-2000 (or maximum cals) for 50-60g protein and 30% fat. I managed pretty well Monday to Thursday but relaxed at the weekend. I knew I was always well over at the weekend but I was doing my best and it was still less than before. Plus with all the exercise and 16 hour daily fasting it was definitely a "less" environment!!

My LP was between 5-9 days so I wasn't optimistic about getting PG at all and I wasn't sure how easily I was ovulating so I had fertility acupuncture to try and tackle these issues. Realise that's a blue sway tactic but I had to do something.

Hope this answers all your questions but if not feel free to ask more, as I am happy to try and help.

RunningForDreams
October 9th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Thank you! I will have a look at your recipes! Enjoy shopping pink xx

essnce629
October 9th, 2014, 03:49 AM
So so happy for you Steph! Enjoy your pink shopping!!!!

dollych
October 21st, 2014, 03:09 PM
Omg I've only just seen this, not been on this thread for a while. BIG CONGRATS!!!, so happy for you after all your hard work. Bet your chuffed to bits!!. Good luck with you're little princess xx