PDA

View Full Version : oncue TTC a BOY Sway Attempt

oncue
July 15th, 2014, 07:10 AM
TTC a BOY Sway Attempt: result IT'S A BOY!
Gender Result:
BOY!
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Girl 3y.o Girl 18months
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
MINERALS
Calcium Intake(Please describe)
switched from low fat dairy to full fat dairy
Magnesium Intake(Please describe)
-
Potassium Intake(Please describe)
-
Sodium Intake(Please describe)
-
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Folic Acid

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
-
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? HE(High Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
Very Light HE diet - just made simple changes that were easy for me to maintain. I did try a full-on HE diet for 2.5 weeks in Jan/Feb, but I just couldnt sustain it after a BFN. So I stopped it completely. At this point we stopped TTC as we thought about HT. Once we decided HT wasnt for us, I just made some simple changes to my regular diet, that were hopefully 'boy friendly'. We had our second attempt in April and we got a BFP from that cycle.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
The changes to Diet that I did make were for about 3 weeks in the lead up to the week I would have ovulated (before getting a BFP)
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
No
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
No changes. He wasn't too convinced on 'swaying tactics' so I chose not to involve him in too many details
DId you consume alcohol? A couple of drinks per week

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I did not factor that into my sway
Any Diet Details?
The changes that I did make to diet were:
-Protein everyday at dinner - tried my best for it to be red meat
-Switched all dairy from low fat, to full fat (this was the easiest change for me - I am loving full fat milk, yoghurt, who knew it wld taste so much better!)
-a glass of coconut water daily
-i tried to have a boiled egg once every two/three days
-had breakfast everyday
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
I have always eaten pretty healthy, but have always watched calories as i can gain weight easily. I really struggled with the HE diet as just found myself feeling depressed at how much i was eating. I decided to stop it after 2.5 weeks, and as I said just incorporated factors I could change.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
BMI 23
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
Always have done cardio 3-4 times a week, but when we concieved I hadn't exercised for a couple weeks
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
unknown
Any VG potions used? Preseed

CM pH at attempt
unknown
DH pH
unknown
THE DEED INFO
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Pattern BD every few days

BD Dates according to Ovulation No idea

BD Position
Multiple
Any additional comments?
I used OPK's when we tried in Jan/Feb, but we ended up with a BFN (then I gave up on them).
Any relevant attempt details?
For our BFP cycle, we just BD'd when we felt like it, and it turned out to be every 2-3 days. I actually wasnt 100% sure when I ovulated either, but roughly know the week it was. in the week we conceived we prob BD'd 4 times.
Did you do anything with Ions?
No
Moon Phase during conception?
New Moon
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
Didnt really plan to use it, but the chinese gender chart says for the month we conceived, it shld be a boy. It was right for both my DD's.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
We BD'd every few days, we were both relaxed about it.

I guess we were originally convinced if we wanted a third child we wld only want a boy, but after we discussed it more, we realised that we were happy with any gender in the end. Although we would be very excited to have a boy, we also realise that our kids will love another sibling, and that he/she would complete our family. And thats what mattered to us in the end. We totally accept that even the best sways can result in an opposite, so we embraced that.

We used preseed before every attempt and I never used anything when I conceived my girls
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
We are pretty chilled out, so I am not really a Martha type.
I didnt follow a strict HE diet, and still maintained most of my eating habits (have always been conscious of eating within a set caloric range rather than exceeding it). The changes I did make, were only for about 3 weeks prior to the week I would have ovulated
Things worth mentioning:
I have never really done any muscle building exercises in my life, so it was something I just couldnt do haha.
Had a Panorama test for genetic issues/trisomy's etc and opted to find out gender too, so will know in a couple weeks.

covered in blue
July 15th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Congrats and all the best xxx

dloui128
July 15th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Congrats on your BFP, best of luck!

oncue
July 16th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Thank you! xo

atomic sagebrush
July 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Good luck and blue dust coming your way!

foxymrsg
July 16th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Good luck hope you hear blue!

oncue
July 16th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Thanks! Will hopefully find out at the end of next week x

kitkat18
July 23rd, 2014, 04:42 AM
Congrats oncue hope its your wee lad xxxx
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

oncue
July 23rd, 2014, 05:49 AM
Thanks kitkat xo

jmomof3girls
July 24th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Congrats!! Keep us posted!

essnce629
July 25th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Congrats and good luck! Sending you all my blue dust!!!!

oncue
July 25th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Thanks essence and jana! X

oncue
July 25th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Latest update: ITS A BOY! Wow we are a bit in disbelief. We are just so happy the results came back low risk for everything and reading 'sex of fetus: MALE' was a bonus! So happy but still can't believe it. Thanks for everyone's support and especially AS for
all ur guidance! Xx

bluebonnet22
July 25th, 2014, 05:48 AM
So happy for you, congrats!

jmomof3girls
July 30th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Yay!!! I'm so happy for you!! Have you added your sway to the spreadsheet? I'm sure everyone would love to have your info as part of the stats!! I bet you're thrilled!!

oncue
July 31st, 2014, 03:15 AM
Thanks so much Jana! No I couldn't find the link to the spreadsheet. We are pretty happy haha it still doesn't really feel very real! I guess I'm happy that even making some small changes to my lifestyle had an influence. That and a bit of luck! DH is stoked aswell! A little buddy for him when all the females around him become too much haha xx

dloui128
July 31st, 2014, 09:20 AM
Awesome news, congrats!!

jmomof3girls
July 31st, 2014, 02:07 PM
If you want, I can enter them for you. I have been helping with the stats. If my DH found out that we we were having a boy, he would be ecstatic LOL!!! Congrats again!

oncue
July 31st, 2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks so much jana! That wld be great xx

yogi&booboo
August 2nd, 2014, 09:14 PM
Congratulations Oncue!!. I feel you with what you went through with the diet. It can really take a toll on someone who is not used to eating so much. I gained too much weight and that really freaked me out. I took a break for about two months and now I am back with a more positive outlook and with the intention of also taking it easier and accepting with what ever comes with it. Wishing you a very healthy pregnancy and healthy baby boy!!! Congratulations again!💜😊

oncue
August 3rd, 2014, 04:46 AM
Thanks yogi! Yes as silly as it sounds it was actually hard trying eat more! I think having a more relaxed approach firstly helped us get a BFP straight after our first run on HE diet. In the end the small changes that I could make must've tipped the balance enough! It's so weird to think we are on our way to having our boy! Good luck with ur attempts too xox 😘