PDA

View Full Version : UK girls- Dr Potter is going to be on TV!

chattymonkey
July 19th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Dr Potter is going to be on Good Morning Britain on Monday morning, Sky TV sometime during the day, as well as in Monday's Daily Mirror and on some radio stations. Not sure if he has posted this (sorry if you already know, but I couldn't see anything on the site), but I thought UK girls who are looking into PGD may want to check it out.

They contacted me to see if we would appear on the TV (anonymously), but it wasn't something we felt comfortable doing. Fab news though that gender selection is getting some media coverage here in the UK. Hopefully it will help change people's attitude to and perception/understanding of gender selection and why we embark upon this HT journey.

Kittybear
July 19th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the info Hun, I'll have to watch out for that x

4boys need my girl
July 21st, 2014, 03:19 AM
Just saw the interview on Good morning Britain with Dr Potter. 76% against gender selection (uk viewers). Can't believe this county. Honestly they don't get it. Well at least Dr Potter put his point across.
He seems a lovely person.

chattymonkey
July 21st, 2014, 07:14 AM
He made some great points! Yep, it's a shame that people have such attitudes, but as he pointed out, people said the same things/had the same perception back when Louise Brown (the first IVF baby) was born. Maybe things will change over time, but for now the UK definitely think we are 'creating a designer baby'- wish they understood us and the process!

hopeful13
July 21st, 2014, 07:24 AM
Fed the kids jellies just so I could watch in peace for 5 minutes.l felt sorry it was so short and they weren't fair with comments like it was mainly negative ones read. But saying that my dh came in for tea break as he started at 6am and the way dr P spoke from a woman's point was spot on which I appreciated dh hearing from another person

chattymonkey
July 21st, 2014, 07:32 AM
It was very short I agree, but at least he did get our point of view across a bit. Just listening to Radio 2 now as he's gonna be on around this time.

Tiffani3
July 21st, 2014, 08:07 AM
I just watched it and thought he was right to the point. He's such a lovely man. All the negativity these people would be the first to comment on my family having 4 boys and 'when am I going to have a girl' yet are against it, omg it makes me cross.

Kittybear
July 21st, 2014, 01:55 PM
To me, it is a classic case of not judging anyone till you have walked a mile in their shoes; I bet the 'haters' have never experienced GD, or have a PP themselves or have their Desired gender, so I guess they couldn't care less. It's a toughie, because I really wouldn't wish GD on anyone, but at the same time it is tough feeling alone with my thoughts and life would be easier if it was as open a topic as other 'previously taboo' subjects and if more people understood how I felt... Thank god for this forum!! Xx

chattymonkey
July 21st, 2014, 04:04 PM
Here's a couple of articles from todays' papers:

Number of women travelling to America to choose sex of child rises 20% - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10978836/Number-of-women-travelling-to-America-to-choose-sex-of-child-rises-20.html#disqus_thread)

Growing numbers of British parents going to US for IVF to choose sex of child | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2699616/Growing-numbers-potential-parents-going-America-IVF-treatment-choose-sex-child.html)

There's supposed to be something on Newsnight (BBC 2, 10.30pm) tonight too.