PDA

View Full Version : opk question

eleena2014
July 22nd, 2014, 09:29 AM
not conceiving this cycle but i have been trying to track ovulation every month.i missed last month.did this today
would you say this was positive or just under positive? would it be best to test again later today or tomorrow morning?

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2014, 10:34 AM
just under, but I'd prob. proceed with attempt if my OPK looked like that because it would be most likely about to go pos anyway.

eleena2014
July 22nd, 2014, 11:05 AM
thankyou.

eleena2014
July 25th, 2014, 08:25 AM
am i right im thinking this one would have been my positive,as i took another one the next day and it was lighter

eleena2014
July 26th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Bump

blueeyedguys
July 26th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Yes. The first one would have been your positive.

maidentomother
July 28th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Yup, that was most likely your positive.

atomic sagebrush
July 30th, 2014, 10:18 AM
am i right im thinking this one would have been my positive,as i took another one the next day and it was lighter

It could have been that you missed your true positive, that your urine was too dilute, or it could be a fake surge and then your body will regroup in a couple days and actually ovulate. There is no way I can tell you which of those options was correct. All I can tell you is if it's that close to positive and it's a convenient time for an attempt, better to attempt than wait it out hoping for an actual positive that may or may not be on the way.

OPK are just not that set in stone. You have to use them as they are, which is a tool that tells ya "ovulation may be coming" and not expect anything more than that from them.

eleena2014
July 30th, 2014, 02:04 PM
can i ask if it would be a good idea to BD on the mon and fri as this opk was taken on a tuesday,then surely i wouldnt miss the window? or is this wrong?

eleena2014
August 5th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Bump

bluebonnet22
August 5th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Eleena - I was paranoid about missing my window (I did last month) and I sent atomic a long message about which days to DTD and how to execute the OPK and every 4 day method, etc, and she gave me great advice. The entire point of the every 4 day method is to not do OPK, not plan, and not think about it. It seems you are a planner by nature (as I am) and I think for me this month just picking a random start day and just BD every 4 days without thinking about it has been great. I would either do the every 4 day method as intended (without doing OPK) or just BD once during the month when your OPK seems nearly positive (or use a smiley face style to help you confirm). It seems you are over thinking things.

eleena2014
August 6th, 2014, 04:44 AM
I am def a over thinker yes.lol. I really am hoping for a BFP before November time so that's why I need to DTD properly on time every month.think I will stick to one attempt at pos opk for the first 2 months.

atomic sagebrush
August 10th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Both O-2 and O-1 are good chances of conception and O-3 and O day aren't terrible. I am really concerned you are undermining your sway by focusing too much on this day or that day. The difference between one day and the other for odds of conception are not that high.

atomic sagebrush
August 10th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I am def a over thinker yes.lol. I really am hoping for a BFP before November time so that's why I need to DTD properly on time every month.think I will stick to one attempt at pos opk for the first 2 months.

"properly on time" just means at some point in your fertile window. If we had to DTD on precisely one proper day to get pg the whole human race would have died out long ago.