PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me interpret this semen analysis?

3girl
July 22nd, 2014, 08:59 PM
I have no idea what I'm looking at. Thank you!

blueeyedguys
July 23rd, 2014, 05:37 AM
First column of numbers is average/expected range, second is what his numbers were.

Looks to me like the only value off is morphology (the bottom one). I'm assuming for that conclusion that they simply haven't put the values in both columns. Like on the sperm count. If it's actually 126.5 that's really bad, but if it's 126.5 M/ML, that's quite high.

nuthinbutpink
July 23rd, 2014, 07:04 AM
His morphology is low. The shape of his sperm are abnormal. General info about improving morphology-

Quit smoking, cut back on alcohol consumption and exercise more. Do not use illicit drugs. Living a generally healthy lifestyle improves male fertility in general and improves the quality and number of sperm produced in the body. Cut back on fatty foods and increase the number of fruit and vegetable servings you eat each day. Tests conducted by Allan Pacey, senior lecturer in Andrology at the University of Sheffield, showed that men who ate fruits and vegetables high in antioxidants, along with cutting back on fatty foods and alcohol improved sperm counts and quality. Their diets included smoothies specially designed by a dietician to be high in antioxidants. Mix smoothies with blueberries, mango, raspberries, and oranges. Add honey for sweetness or mineral water for sparkle.

I would also get him on a fertility vitamin for men. He can improve his numbers!

3girl
July 23rd, 2014, 03:08 PM
Thank you for the help!!

blueeyedguys--yes, it is 126.5 M/ML

nuthinbutpink--Thank you for the advice. I will have him drink more smoothies. Will Fertilaid sway blue? He took that when we had our boys. We're trying for a pink sway. It probably didn't help he was on cranberry and LR for two months. =( He hasn't had any supps at all for about 3 weeks. I bought OLE, but I'm afraid to give it to him at this point since seeing the morph numbers.

atomic sagebrush
July 26th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Yes I would view this in the light of him being on LR. I think it's nothing to worry about as long as you are not going HT.