PDA

View Full Version : Weight gain in pregnancy after LE diet

Cauliflower
July 27th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Hi,

I did the LE diet for almost 6 months, lost 5 kg. When I got pregnant and started to eat NORMAL, my weight went quickly back to where I started. And I gained 5-6 kg more than with previous pregnancies. Now I am weighing 10 kg more, at least, and my baby is 3 months old.
Anyone experienced rapid and more weightgain after diet?

sweetdream
July 27th, 2014, 05:53 AM
I believe its normal. Just eat healthy. And give it time. You will lose it.
Congrats on your baby girl.

blueeyedguys
July 27th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Weight loss before pregnancy can result in rebound weight gain, unfortunately. You lose wight by making your body think resources are scarce, so it stores more for pregnancy & nursing in case it happens again.

SamS_TTCPink
July 27th, 2014, 08:09 PM
I'm only 6 weeks but yep, I've put on everything I lost whilst on LE plus more!!! 😞 And my eating has just been "normal". I'm devastated and not looking forward to the weight gain during pregnancy. 😕

bluebonnet22
July 27th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Considering I gained over 70 POUNDS last time, now you guys have me really scared! Here I was thinking I had a better "buffer" this time so I wouldn't get crazy fat again.

odd
July 27th, 2014, 11:06 PM
I'm only 8 weeks in. And so far have put on around 4 pounds gIve or take. I've had major food aversionaversion this time.around but force myself to eat a bit every couple of hours to avoid nausea.

Cauliflower
July 28th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Yes, unfortunately, your body gets used to lower calorie consumption and starts storing when you start eating normal. I am scared, I really have to work hard to get rid of the excess weight :(

maidentomother
July 28th, 2014, 04:29 PM
The weight gain could be due to being older, or having had a girl. I would not assume it's due to having dieted, especially as the LE is far from a starvation diet.

atomic sagebrush
July 30th, 2014, 10:31 AM
That was my experience both with DS 4 and DD - gained a bit more than I had with other pg (esp. with DS 4). 3 months is not enough time to expect the weight to come off though. You need to give it at least 6-9 months and my advice for everyone who did LE Diet is breastfeeding and exercise. they will help reset your metabolism.

atomic sagebrush
July 30th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Yes, unfortunately, your body gets used to lower calorie consumption and starts storing when you start eating normal. I am scared, I really have to work hard to get rid of the excess weight :(

No one should be scared about this. Breastfeeding and exercise will help reset your metabolism. This is not a permanent state of affairs and I gained 90 lbs with DS 4 and lost it all within 2 1/2 years plus about 10 lbs. DD I gained I think 60 lbs and have lost it back to my normal weight (would LOVE to take off 10 more lbs this time too but I am quite a bit older now than I was then)

Cauliflower
July 31st, 2014, 01:06 PM
Thank you Atomic :) I wanted to post a picture of my cutiepie but it keeps asking me to load from URL address, so I had trouble with that. She came a month earlier as my water broke prematurely, but we are doing great :)
Good to be back:flowerz:

Missed this site!

Cauliflower
July 31st, 2014, 01:07 PM
And I am breastfeeing and walking a lot!

Bigwish
July 31st, 2014, 03:41 PM
I also gained the most in this pregnancy.

Completely normal as when you loose weight, you loose muscles (especially on the le-diet ;-)) and your metabolism slows down, by definition. So eating normal again will cause rapid weight gain.

Once i'm starting to work out again i'm def starting weight lifting.

Bigwish
July 31st, 2014, 03:42 PM
Congrats on your babygirl, by the way!! Hope everything goed well!

Cauliflower
July 31st, 2014, 04:45 PM
Thank you :) she is a dream come true! Congrats on yours too, getting close now, good luck!

Julesbwn
August 1st, 2014, 08:01 AM
I've gained the most in this pregnancy so far too - I think from limiting calories on LE and then finding out I was pregnant ... I was thinking yay I can eat everything now lol . I am pregnant with my little girl though so its worth it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2014, 01:50 PM
And I am breastfeeing and walking a lot!

then just give it a bit of time! My friend who also had a premature baby was saying much the same thing and I wonder if part of it may be that your body "expects" to be pregnant till your due date and may want to hang on to some excess weight because of that. :)

I think I mentioned this already (if so sorry) but I really have no luck losing till 6-9 month range and then it comes off fairly quickly without any effort.

Would love to see a picture!!

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2014, 01:51 PM
aaa bigwish!! so exciting!! Maybe she will come on the 14th and our girls can share a birthday! :heart:

angielorna
August 16th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I'm glad to have come across this thread. I'm only 12w6d pregnant and my weight skyrocketed when I started eating normal again. I'm talking normal, I didn't binge on my favourtie fatty foods or anything. Just started eating breakfast, meat and snacking again. I think I gained back 20 pounds in the first 2 months. I'm trying to watch what I eat (I didn't know I had gained quite so much until I got on the scale at the dr's office when I was 9 weeks). I wanted to cry. Before LE, I was generic dieting and between the 2 lost about 25 pounds. So I was almost where I started and only at the beginning of my pregnancy. So disheartening. I've also always been plus sized, so it hits hard.

Good luck with the baby weight and congrats on your sweet baby :)
Angie