PDA

View Full Version : I think I messed up my BD timing :(

ttcboy2011
July 9th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Gals I need your advice.

I had been testing and my opks were negative. Yesterday CD16 I forgot to take opks to work. I start having abdominal discomfort and major amounts of ewcm. So I seriously thought that was my O day. When I get home at night and I see a faded line on the opk. I'm thinking that my lh surge is going down. So we BDd that night.

This morning cd17 I get a positive opk, meaning I'm not ovulating yet :worry:
I plan to BD tonight which is 12 hrs after + opk

Have I messed up my timing to ttc boy?? :nails:

begonia
July 9th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Don't fret ttcboy! Many of us here are more on the "timing doesn't matter, diet REALLY matters" train, but I know after seeing so many sways and reading "the other site" one time BD 12 hours after OPK gets pounded in your head. And I admit I really wanted "perfect" timing too, but what happened to you is EXACTLY what happened to me.

I planned to do an O-2 and O attempt. I expected my +opk on CD13 (usually O w/in 24 hours after it) so was going to BD that night, and also the night of CD11 for an O-2. We BD the night of CD11, and then I got my +OPK and CD12. I didn't want my 1 attempt to have been 36 hours before O so we BD again 12 hours after my +OPK, about 12 hours before my O.

So I ended up with 2 attempts 24 hours apart. And I'm OK with it. But I have to be since I'm pregnant now.

Do you know when you normally O in relation to your OPK? Will you get another tomorrow or do you think your O will be w/in 24 hours?

iluvmyman
July 9th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I agree w/ Begonia. There are some great threads about it and some sticky's as well. here is a post today to a similar question that Atomic addressed you might find helpful.
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?4387-Let-s-talk-timing&highlight=timing

ttcboy2011
July 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I think my O will be in 24 hrs from + opk this morning. That's what happened last cycle. I got + opk and like 10-12 hrs later I had O symptoms and when I tested again the line was fading.

I don't feel so bad anymore after I've read your post. Thank you!

We're going to BD tonight just to make sure.

I'm so happy for you, congratulations!! When is your EDD? When will you find out the sex of the baby?

ttcboy2011
July 9th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I agree w/ Begonia. There are some great threads about it and some sticky's as well. here is a post today to a similar question that Atomic addressed you might find helpful.
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?4387-Let-s-talk-timing&highlight=timing

Thank u :)

begonia
July 9th, 2011, 10:32 PM
If you'll O in the am I would definitely BD again tonight! How exciting!!! Good luck! And the link Iluv posted should also make you feel better!

I'm due March 5th. We won't find out for sure til birth but if I get a good nub shot I'll be obsessing over that thing like crazy! So far I'm really not worrying about gender at all, I'm more worried about how I'll handle 3 kids, LOL!

Hope you get your BFP soon and you can join us on the due in March thread!

ttcboy2011
July 10th, 2011, 03:05 PM
If you'll O in the am I would definitely BD again tonight! How exciting!!! Good luck! And the link Iluv posted should also make you feel better!

I'm due March 5th. We won't find out for sure til birth but if I get a good nub shot I'll be obsessing over that thing like crazy! So far I'm really not worrying about gender at all, I'm more worried about how I'll handle 3 kids, LOL!

Hope you get your BFP soon and you can join us on the due in March thread!

Lol you'll be ok with 3.

Thanks for the support iluvmyman and begonia! Hopefully soon I'll join the March thread.

I hope I get a bfp!