PDA

View Full Version : Let's record what we are eating cont'd

Rosie85
January 13th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Okay I am going to ask my question here again since the other thread closed!

I really know I can't stick to a bland diet like so many others were doing. Rice cakes and such are a no go for me.

I really like rice but I enjoy it with a sauce and veggies--like a stir fry. Is this okay as long as it is low sodium and I stay within my ranges? Also it has been difficult finding food for lunch other than a bagel or salad.

For me I almost feel as if I change my diet enough from what it was it may just be enough to get my girl. Not snacking...no heavy meals, low calories, vegetarian. This is the opposite of how I always ate.

Mars
July 23rd, 2014, 05:57 AM
I am not a Veggie lover, lol I only eat a couple veggies so I figured it was better to not have any .... and any other night I would have but it was an quick dinner. Tomorrow night I will have Veggies and Chicken yay! I normally have a cheat night on Saturdays but seeing as I'm so close to O day I will skip my cheat day this week.

weeziewoozles
July 25th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Had a lovely evening out with three friends last night in an Indian restaurant. Stuck to veggie completely but definitely ate more in terms of portions and fat than I should have done. The scales proved it this morning as I'd put on over two pounds! :) Ooops. It wasn't an intentional cheat as it's my Birthday tomorrow so there're lots of stuff on this weekend involving food! Having said that, I plan to be really hot on the LE and allow heaps of alcohol as the treat! :)

stephk
July 25th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Happy birthday weezie! Have some booze for me :)

weeziewoozles
July 25th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Happy birthday weezie! Have some booze for me :)

Aw thanks! How are you feeling? x

stephk
July 25th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Sometimes fine, sometimes I have symptoms but it's still very early. I have only put on 1kg though!

SamS_TTCPink
July 25th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Yum, I love Indian!! Happy Birthday. Have an awesome day and enjoy your weekend of yummy foods! 😊🎂🎉

weeziewoozles
July 27th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Well today was my Bday BBQ and I've eaten two veggie burgers in buns, potato salad with low fat mayo, loads of raw veg and salad, and drunk lots of Pimms and fizz. Should be a good LE day! Yesterday we were at a Japanese Expo and had beer and a veggie Japanese curry and rice with some vegetable gyoza. Then a bottle of Prosecco with some bread for dinner. Feel proud of myself for sticking to LE at my Bday. Fingers crossed that we TTC soon!

stephk
July 27th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Weezie you are an amazing LE role model. Sounds like a fab birthday weekend.

weeziewoozles
July 28th, 2014, 04:28 AM
Yesterday was a good LE day as predicted. Lost half a pound! Unfortunately the Pimms and Prosecco were too much and my tummy is not happy with me this morning :(

Junie
July 28th, 2014, 06:45 AM
I'm impressed weezie! sorry about the tummy ache though.

stephk
July 28th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Nice one on the weight loss, hope you feel better tho

weeziewoozles
July 28th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Feel better now thanks. Cheekily stuck the older two in front of the tv while DS3 had a nap so I could sleep on the sofa! Now stuffing my face with instant pasta and sauce with a coconut water. :)

bluebonnet22
July 28th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Belated happy birthday to you weezie!! I do find I get worse hangovers on LE because I'm not eating enough calories so the alcohol is often on a relatively empty stomach. I'm excited to see you join the TTC in August thread when that gets started later this week.

weeziewoozles
July 28th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Belated happy birthday to you weezie!! I do find I get worse hangovers on LE because I'm not eating enough calories so the alcohol is often on a relatively empty stomach. I'm excited to see you join the TTC in August thread when that gets started later this week.

Thanks BlueBonnet! I'm getting nervous now as I said to myself we'd start TTC when I'd done three months of LE, which I've now done! :nails:

nuthinbutpink
July 28th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Continuation of January 2014 thread! Thanks!

I copied the original post to here and the last 2 pages so you could catch up if you are just joining!

Junie
July 28th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks!

eleena2014
July 28th, 2014, 12:53 PM
atomic,please could you give me advise on quorn products,i know they are vegetarian but i noticed the other day how much protein is in them.are they good for a girl sway because its not meat and ok as long as it fits in with your totals?

eleena2014
July 29th, 2014, 10:15 AM
bump

bluebonnet22
July 29th, 2014, 10:18 AM
eleena - I would start a new thread because I don't think AS reads this one. I would think Quorn is fine if it fits into your totals. Personally I eat whatever I want if it fits into my totals (small amounts of avocado, crab meat, chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, etc).

eleena2014
July 29th, 2014, 10:52 AM
ok,im just worried that i hvent got vegetarian enough,our attempt is in 3 weeks!! eek!

bluebonnet22
July 29th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I usually buckle down the week before O (no meat whatsoever, no seafood, staying on the lower side of LE rather than the higher side, etc). Probably silly to do this but it makes me feel better. Plus if I was super strict 100% of the time I would have burnt out by now and lost way way too much weight (on month 4 of the diet). If I were you I'd eat the Quorn if it's within limits and if it makes you feel better just give it up the week before your attempt. Do what feels right!

weeziewoozles
July 29th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I agree with BlueBonnet. Aim for the least nutritious and most filling options x

foxymrsg
July 29th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Eleena I've been eating quorn I've decided that eating it and staying in my totals will be better for my sway than stressing over it. This is what i keep telling myself so I can learn to let the little things go! That's my plan lol just hope it works!!

eleena2014
July 29th, 2014, 11:18 AM
ok thanks,will be having a cheat tea tonight though of chicken paprika.only a chicken thigh and still in my totals though.also had a cheat saturday as we went to a bbq and i had a hot dog,pork steak and a few chicken wings..oops.
oh well on the positive side ive lost nearly half a stone altogether

weeziewoozles
July 29th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Today's food should end up:

Lunch - A weird combo of leftovers plus loads of salad. The leftovers were from my Birthday BBQ (I don't like throwing food away) and were a new potato, half a small burger and two egg yolks so I mixed them all up in a pan resulting in a kinda mini omelette thing which I had in a soft white burger bun. Was ridiculously nice as I absolutely love eggs and am really missing them.

Snack - Gin and tonic with baked crisps

Dinner - Mushroom, lettuce and spring onion risotto in a Japanese style, so it has mirin, dashi and soy sauce in it. Will have some French bread and white wine with it.

Totals - 1650 cals, 44g protein, 28g fat

weeziewoozles
July 29th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Actually I've started on the G&T a bit early this afternoon as my three boys are eating their tea in the garden and DS3 has decided he doesn't like the food so is screaming. I'm ignoring!

carmella_marie
July 29th, 2014, 12:01 PM
What's quorn?

I'm getting tired of LE so I'm hoping this can keep me accountable, lol!

eleena2014
July 29th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Its a meat substitute. Has a lot of protein in somehow though? You can get qourn burgers,chicken style pieces, mince e.t.c.

weeziewoozles
July 29th, 2014, 12:59 PM
What's quorn?

I'm getting tired of LE so I'm hoping this can keep me accountable, lol!

Have you seen the thread Steph started? With our LE recipes etc? x

bluebonnet22
July 29th, 2014, 03:05 PM
I'm going to start posting here again, but not adding totals. I'm trying to not track anything this month. I'm still doing a daily weigh in (if I start to gain weight that's a good sign I've gone off the diet), but otherwise not tracking calories/fat/OPK/temps/etc. That being said I'll still post what I'm eating.

breakfast (10:00 AM): don't usually do this, but was very shaky and sick this morning. I did a longer run than usual so needed to eat something so didnt' pass out! Had 1 organic "poptart" chocolate pastry thing

Lunch (1:00 PM): probably way over totals, but very yummy: veggie sandwich with roasted red peppers, cucumbers, spinach, sprouts and the tiniest amount of brie

Dinner: 1 small homemade quesadilla with 1/4 cup of low fat cheese, 2 tbsp of black beans, 2 tbsp of avocado and some salsa, 1/2 bottle of wine

weezie - how fun that you have a cocktail/tea time with the boys! Out of curiosity what do little kids eat at "tea time" ? Do they actually drink tea? My son doesn't usually take an afternoon snack, but when we do we often go out for frozen yogurt and berries. I cant wait to be pregnant so I can actually get some!

weeziewoozles
July 29th, 2014, 06:02 PM
"Tea time" is so British isn't it? :) No they've probably never tried tea at all! I don't drink English tea either as I like Rooiboosh/Redbush tea. DH loves his tea though with biscuits (cookies to you!) dipped into it :) I call the boys' evening meal "tea". I'm not sure why but I guess it's cos they have it so much earlier than we have ours, which I can dinner. They were having Mexican spiced chicken with kidney beans, carrots, red peppers and rice. DS3 picked out every bean and then proceeded to cry! I managed to calm him down though and he ate nearly all of it in the end. Followed by strawberries and plain soy yoghurt :) He's sooooo messy at mealtimes

carmella_marie
July 29th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Have you seen the thread Steph started? With our LE recipes etc? x

I think I saw that thread, but it's got a lot of stuff I've never heard of over here in the US!

carmella_marie
July 29th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Breakfast: one pancake, plain. Don't normally ear breakfast but I worked out early this morning so I was starved.

Lunch: 2 small pieces homemade veggie pizza with iceberg/cucumber/bell pepper salad with a few cherry tomatoes and raspberry vinagrette. Diet coke.

Dinner:2 glasses white wine, "mexi rice" (white rice mixed with salsa) and a quesadilla with corn tortillas, cheese and beans.

Not counting totals, just focusing on vegetarian, less nutrient options and weighing in every day.

atomic sagebrush
July 30th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Sorry only just now spotted this. Responding to original post.

You do not need to eat bland foods on LE Diet.

Most of us no longer believe in the sodium restriction and got girls without limiting sodium after having boys on the "old school" sway diets where we were really cutting back (myself included)

Fruits and vegetables are 100% allowed on LE Diet. In fact low carb vegetables are totally FREE - you can have as many as you want without having to limit them at all. No need to count them for cals, protein, or fat intake. Free!!

If you have the option between a lower nutrient and a higher nutrient fruit or veg, by all means pick the lower nutrient one. But that does NOT mean you can never have higher nutrient fruits and veg, whenever you want.

weeziewoozles
July 30th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I think I saw that thread, but it's got a lot of stuff I've never heard of over here in the US!

As Atomic said, the food doesn't have to be bland. Find a way to transform something you love the flavours of already into a lower fat/cal version. It works amazingly well for me as I still really enjoy my meals!

bluebonnet22
July 30th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Today's plan:

Just split a poptart with my toddler at 10:00 for breakfast

Lunch : 2 small slices of vegetarian pizza at playdate

Dinner: making http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/09/low-fat-baked-ziti-with-spinach.html?m=1 going to eat it with 1/2 bottle of wine.

Agree with others that I don't eat bland foods on LE. I probably eat too much dairy but it's within totals and all LF so I decided I don't care!

stephk
July 30th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Looks yum! And another cool website to steal recipie ideas from :)

weeziewoozles
July 31st, 2014, 02:22 AM
Having to plan backwards today in that DH wants fish and chips tonight. So I'll have a handful of the chips plus I'll cook myself a veggie burger to go with them and probably have a beer. But the chips (meaning thick cut fries to any US ladies) will be hugely high in fat so my lunch will be a large plate of salad with no dressing and a chunk of French Bread and a fizzy drink/soda. So that's how I balance things without feeling restricted x

bluebonnet22
August 8th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Hi again ladies - weezie - how are things with you? Haven't seen you on much lately.

I'm having weight loss issues. I'm worried I'm not pregnant this month (6 dpo and just not feeling it!), and I need to start eating more empty carbs to stop losing weight so I don't have to stop swaying. I'm going to start posting my days here again to keep myself accountable.

Breakfast : 9 AM (after 14 hours fast): 70 calorie pack of gummy bears

Lunch: 1/2 veggie sandwich (feta, mushrooms, grilled bell peppers), and 6 ounces of low fat frozen yogurt for dessert. 20 ounces of Dr. Pepper

Dinner: 1/2 bottle of wine, 2 slices of mushroom pizza from pizza hut.

1837 calories, 43 grams of fat (21%), 41 grams of protein

Embarassed by how unhealthy my day is, but I seem to be dropping too much weight too quickly when I eat healthier.