PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Need of Advice Please...Thanks!

XXforhubby
July 28th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Hi! Sorry, this is going to be long!

I am a mother of two awesome boys (3.5yrs and 13mo), and wife to a DH who desperately wants a little girl! We will be ttcing next month, in August. I am 34, soon to be 35, and DH is 36. I am still breastfeeding my youngest 4-5 times a day on average, and I sometimes nurse more before AF. I have been on the LE diet (PCOS style since I had late onset GD with DS#2), loosely since March, and I have been strict since June. I am weaning myself off of Fenugreek and only taking my nursing tea, pregnitude, folic acid, fiber, and Zyrtec for allergies. I used to take Choline and Inositol and only switched to Pregnitude 2 months ago when I did not get a period. This cycle I started Vitex since my cycle has been inconsistent and mostly anovulatory. Today I got my first +opk :) and hopefully it will be confirmed by temping. I am at my lowest weight since having both of my boys at 123, and I am 5'4". I have lost 28 pounds since this past October.

My concern is I am six weeks from our first attempt, and I have a broken middle toe preventing me from exercising :( Also, should I continue taking Vitex? I feel it has helped me, but am wondering if I should take it for the next 6 weeks then stop at O. DH is taking OLE and Peppermint tea, wearing tighty whiteys, and he is willing to do whatever he can to get his little girl! I just want to know if there is anything else we can or should do. TIA!

maidentomother
July 28th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Sounds good! I would stay strict with the diet and keep taking the Vitex continuously, at least until you O. With diet, one attempt, and everything else you will have a great shot. Let your toe heal and exercise when you can but don't delay, IMO.

XXforhubby
July 28th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I am frustrated that I won't be able to exercise! I am going to try each week to see if I can do more. Right now walking on it much is not an option, except when I am by myself taking care of my boys. Should DH do anything else, or is OLE, Peppermint tea, and the tighty whiteys enough?

maidentomother
July 28th, 2014, 05:41 PM
I think what the woman does matters most, though DH can help.. DH could take a hot shower before your attempt, in addition to his other tactics. I really wouldn't worry about exercising; plenty of girl moms don't exercise. I do think it helps but I think diet + one attempt is enough for most. Plus you may not conceive the first month, giving you more time to do the diet and resume exercising.

Can you swim with the broken toe?

XXforhubby
July 28th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Ooh, I did not think about swimming! I bet I could do that once the pain becomes more manageable. Great idea! Thanks!

maidentomother
August 4th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Good luck! I tore a muscle in the top of my foot (it hurt to flex my foot) and swimming was all I could do while I was in the air cast for a few months. I hope it works out for you.

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I think I answered this in another thread, just doublechecking that all the q's in both threads were answered to your satisfaction. :)