PDA

View Full Version : molar pregnancy

Rosie85
August 1st, 2014, 03:29 PM
I found out a few days ago I have a complete molar pregnancy. I am devastated to say the least. I've been crying for days. I feel so cheated and gross to have thought I was pregnant all this time and instead I've been growing a mass. Always I was wondering if anyone else has had a molar pregnancy before?? I am curious how long you waited before trying again and did you have to have chemotherapy? ? I'm understanding my chances are about 1 in 10??

I'm so gutted after a miscarriage and now this. I'm having a hard time moving on. Maybe I will feel better after the mass is removed next week. Ugh. I hate to say this but why me!!??

Kittybear
August 1st, 2014, 04:06 PM
I'm so sorry to read this Hun :( I have no advice but I am sending hugs ((())) xx

nuthinbutpink
August 1st, 2014, 04:08 PM
I'm so sorry. Why would you need chemotherapy? Did you already have testing? I didn't think cancer can develop until after it is removed and tissue remains???

Once it is removed, they will likely test your HCG levels for a period of time. 6 months to a year I think is generally recommended time to wait after a complete molar but your doctor should talk specifics with you.

I'm very sorry.

From what I have read it's a 1 or 2 in 100 chance of it happening again, so pretty rare.

sweetdream
August 1st, 2014, 04:54 PM
They thought a friend had a molar. They thought it wasn't in the Womb. She had 4 chemo's and was adviced not to get pg for a year.

In the end they came to the conclusion it was a mc and her body cleaned it up herself. Horrible time it was. (Wich gave her green light to get pg. She got a girl after that.)

The info I got recommended 1 chemo after removing cause they can't see if the flocs were moving around. 1 chemo Should lower risks dramaticly.

I feel badly for you. Hope they great you Well! And this soon will be just a black page in a otherwise very beautifull book

Rosie85
August 1st, 2014, 09:08 PM
Nuthin. I was told about 1 in 10 women have regrowth issues after initial removal and that requires chemo. Not sure how accurate those numbers are...I was hoping for lower numbers.

TishTashTosh
August 2nd, 2014, 03:36 AM
I know a girl who had a molar and had to have chemo - I remember her saying at the time how unlucky she must be as molar rare but for her to need chemo was even unluckier - please be assured her story turned out great and she went on to have another healthy happy baby.

Boysway
August 4th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Aww, Rosie. Sorry to hear this. Sending you loads of love and healing.

maidentomother
August 4th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Oh Rosie, how awfully unfair. *hugs*

odd
August 4th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Rosie. Was just thinking about you today - hope u are doing and feeling better and hopefully have a clear picture of things. We miss you around here

Boysway
August 5th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Rosie, just stopping by to let you know I'm thinking of you. We miss you.

3BoysBlessed
August 5th, 2014, 11:39 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this and that anyone should have to experience it. It still is a loss and You have every right to feel the way that you do...except you are not gross. You are a beautiful human being. I have a friend who had this happen, too. Hers was one of the rarest of rare cases of a molar pregnancy, but only because it went undetected...which I will spare details on. However, she has a happy healthy son who is now 6. She is healthy as well. I also had a scare of this after not only losing one son at 14 weeks gestation to severe complications due to Down's syndrome, I miscarried. I had to have a d&c...then pregnant two months later, another miscarriage very early on that also required d&c...my husband deployed right after that. Then the dr sprung it on me that it may have been molar pregnancy. I was devastated, afraid and just beyond comprehension. The test results came back that it was not, which took a week and I agonized but i understand all too well how you must be feeling. Your chances are 9 out of 10 odds that all is well and that you will be free of any more worry or illness. Think of it in the best way you can and it will help you to cope. I am saying many prayers for you. I am so sorry for the feeling of loss you have right now. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Try and do something nice for yourself every day. Things will get better. ((Big hugs))

coocoobananas
August 6th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Thinking of you Rosie:) xx

Tiffani3
August 6th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Oh no Rosie I'm so so sorry your going through this :( sending love and hugs your way xx

Grace
August 6th, 2014, 07:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all these hardships Rosie! Hope you'll get over it quickly and have good things coming your way xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Eneli
August 6th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Hi! Sorry hearing this bad news. I already had a non complete molar pregnancy in oct-nov 2011. I hadn't had chemo but my HCG was tested every months to see that it was negative until dec 2012. My physician told me not to get pregnant until one year after lossing (lossing with surgery procedure). It was very very hard, but when the year ended I tried for another pregnancy and I could be pregnant again and everything went OK. All my love and support to you in this awful experience...

Marika
August 6th, 2014, 08:50 AM
So sorry you have to go through this. It's just heartbreaking. Thinking of you!

Linzshine32
August 6th, 2014, 09:23 AM
So sorry!!

The Anchor
August 6th, 2014, 11:32 AM
How awful, so sorry Rosie. HUGS.

Mrs_Incredible
August 7th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Rosie, sending you love and hugs xxx
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2014, 11:03 AM
OH my GOSH I am so sorry - I only just now saw this. Praying for a good outcome and that you are able to TTC again soon (if that is your desire.)

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2014, 11:05 AM
any news or update?

Babybeaublue
August 13th, 2014, 03:06 PM
I hope she is ok. So sorry to hear this x

Tiffani3
August 15th, 2014, 03:44 AM
Thinking of you rosie xx

HopeandDreamG
August 15th, 2014, 03:56 AM
So sorry you are going through this :(

Rosie85
August 21st, 2014, 12:08 PM
Hey ladies I just wanted to update. Even though everything presented as a molar pregnancy my pathology came back negative. Thank goodness!!! I am so so happy I don't have to worry about cancer or waiting to ttc. The baby was so disintegrated that it looked like molar masses on the scan. Sickening thought I know and yes I am very sad it was indeed a baby I lost but it's much better than the alternative. ..In my opinion anyway.

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2014, 01:30 PM
Yes I agree, I'm terribly sorry for the loss but SO much better than a molar!!

mommymachine
August 21st, 2014, 01:40 PM
I am very sorry for your loss as well. But very relieved to hear that it wasn't a molar.

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Just catching up on everything and was wondering how you were going.....I am sure it's bittersweet but it's great news that it wasn't a molar and you don't have to worry about chemo or cancer or waiting 12mths!

Rosie85
August 26th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Relieved for sure I am! I am sad though because since it looked so molar like she thinks it was twins. My uterus was so big and I had a ton of clots/pieces. Such a bummer. Hoping I can get preggo with twins again if I even believe I was before!

Still waiting and waiting on my period. 3 weeks out from my d&c. No sign of ovulation either so I'm either close to a period or super far from it.

3BoysBlessed
September 11th, 2014, 11:09 PM
So glad it was not more heartache, as losing a baby is enough of a heartache, alone. I know how scary it is to be told that it could be molar, and I am so happy that all is well. Many blessings!