PDA

View Full Version : Early pregnancy cravings

blackbekki
August 9th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Ok so I know all the old wife's tales about gender is a a load of cods wallop but we have to admit it's fun. At the moment I am just over 8 weeks pregnant and for the last few weeks I've been craving orange juice now it had to be pure smooth and not sour. But this last week on top of the orange I've fancied curry near enough every night this week. Can you ladies remember your cravings and what sex baby you had?! I'll start with my 2 xx

blackbekki
August 9th, 2014, 05:30 PM
With my first born I never really thought I had cravings but one unusual for me is I had to buy a pack of oranges every time I went to the supermarket because I loved the smell so much. Could never eat them just threw them when they went mouldy (odd I know) and with my rainbow I honestly don't think I had any cravings whatsoever x

CdinGA
August 9th, 2014, 05:54 PM
I don't have any specific cravings this time except I will eat almost anything. I do particularly love cereal and bagels with cream cheese. I like sweets but I would rather have fast good junky crap to eat. Salad and fruit are good but that's not what I really want to eat. I don't know the gender. My last girl I remember getting pretty chunky and I ate a lot of lollipops and jolly ranchers. :) for what it's worth I've heard craving oj is a big girl symptom.

odd
August 9th, 2014, 06:12 PM
With my son..I craved meat even though i've always been vegetarian. .also gross but taco bell and loads of salty junk

With this pregnancy I'm completely turned off by food and don't eat much except cookies watermelon and peaches

blackbekki
August 9th, 2014, 06:26 PM
I never believed in cravings but looking back I was like why buy oranges to smell lol weird. I just can't believe i actually feel I need to eat curries right now. I've had 2 this week but wanted one every night. And going through a carton of oj every 2 days. That's me trying not to drink so much. I do hope your right and I end up team pink with this bub... So exciting first scan in a few weeks so hopefully good nub shot for guesses x

Abifasc
August 9th, 2014, 07:11 PM
With my oldest son I craved gala apples and spinach. I made a lot of turkey and spinach wraps with apples inside. My second son I had aversions to eggs and craved meat, mostly red meat. This time I craved orange juice in the beginning and now I'm craving potatoes and raspberry juice or juice in general. Major aversions to meat. I don't know the gender yet though- one more week!

CdinGA
August 9th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Odd- I think about fast food all the time. I'd love Taco Bell anytime. In fact we had tacos for dinner! Homemade tho.
Abi- did you sway? Do you want to hear pink?

Abifasc
August 9th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Odd- I think about fast food all the time. I'd love Taco Bell anytime. In fact we had tacos for dinner! Homemade tho.
Abi- did you sway? Do you want to hear pink?

Yes, I swayed :) I really hope to hear pink and I do honestly believe my sway worked. I find out the 18th!

coocoobananas
August 9th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Huh! I have really like oj this pregnancy and crave oranges!! Looks promising as a symptom!;)

SamS_TTCPink
August 10th, 2014, 04:01 AM
DS1 I craved salt & vinegar chips and beef strogganoff (I was a vegetarian)

I think it was curry with DS2

With the twins I craved Toobs (like cheezels, and they had been discontinued for years but happened but be bought back when I was pregnant and so DH bought them by the boxful!)

DS5 - crunchie icecreams

DS6 - chocolate thickshakes made at home with Greek yoghurt.

And so far with this PG, berries and watermelon and lemonade (and I hate lemonade)

SamS_TTCPink
August 10th, 2014, 04:13 AM
And currently major aversions to garlic, chicken and eggs!

atomic sagebrush
August 11th, 2014, 02:54 AM
as long as no one takes it seriously all in good fun. :)

I craved mustard with my daughter and had a meat aversion.

atomic sagebrush
August 11th, 2014, 02:54 AM
oh yes also a terrible garlic aversion. I'd forgotten that!

blackbekki
August 11th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Well I craved yet another curry tonight but it don't like me now :/ heartburn and bloated to the max. Bought 3 cheesecakes a lemon meringue and angel delight yest and my greedy family wanted some so I couldn't have all my strawberry cheesecake to myself... Not happy lol x

blackbekki
August 11th, 2014, 04:13 PM
My biggest aversion for me to actually notice was coffee. I could drink 8 plus cups a day and now struggling to maybe have 3. Tea or orange all the way x

Luckyduck23
August 19th, 2014, 05:00 PM
With my dd I craved fruit, mainly pineapple, healthy food such as salad and carrot sticks, and.. OJ!! SO MUCH OJ!! Lol, seriously though, I drank so much my mouth went raw from the constant acid!

sweetdream
August 21st, 2014, 02:50 AM
With ds 1 I can't remember.

Ds 2 I loved meat! Really loved. And fruit and orange juice.

With ds3 appels and mc hated coffee. Just unhealthy foods.

This time. My cravings last 2 or three times then its over.
I've had like pickle taste chips, herring, candy (sour), mustard! And I couldn't stand meat or coffee. It made me puke. Only the smell was enough.
At this point taste is getting back to normal. I do love the mcchicken now. But I almost like everything. Coffee is back on the taboe again too.

Won't know gender till februari.

bluebonnet22
August 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM
With my DS I was so convinced I was having a girl because all my cravings/aversions were all classic girl ones. I hated meat, craved sweet carbs, loved orange juice and lemonade, etc. I also carried in a "girl way" and had horrible morning sickness. I wanted a boy and was so bummed that I was having so many girl symptoms! This time around I'll try not to put too much stock in my cravings!

odd
August 21st, 2014, 12:48 PM
For those who had food aversion in ur previous pregnancies, did u notice a correlation between aversion and your child being a picky eater??

My MIL says that I should force myself to eat if I don't want a super picky child

crazycatcouple
August 21st, 2014, 01:21 PM
Huh, I've never really heard that odd, but I have heard that women who eat peanuts while pregnant have a less chance of having a child with peanut allergies, so maybe there is some truth to what she's saying?

With DD I didn't crave much, but I do remember drinking lots of OJ as that's how I got all my pills down the hatch. I had one super craving for an entire bag of green peas, which I ate for dinner 3 nights in a row. Other than that, I liked a lot of sweets. This time around (and we *think* it's a boy based on nub theory) all I can drink is milk - plain or chocolate, but tons and tons of milk. Any kind of fruit juice or soda makes me sick. Again, I don't have tons of cravings per se, but the things that have been edible have been peanut butter on toast, bagels with creme cheese, etc - protein and carb combos, and the only sweets I can stomach are chocolate :-)

atomic sagebrush
August 24th, 2014, 03:13 PM
For those who had food aversion in ur previous pregnancies, did u notice a correlation between aversion and your child being a picky eater??

My MIL says that I should force myself to eat if I don't want a super picky child

None whatsoever. I found that my two picky eaters have blue eyes and my 3 non-pickies have brown, so I suspect (and data indicates) there may be some genetic correlation with pickiness (not the blue-eyed/brown eyed thing, that's just how it manifested with mine) There is actually a gene called "the yuck factor" or "super taster" that makes bitter foods taste worse to some than others.

atomic sagebrush
August 24th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Some data suggests your child will like spicy foods more if you eat them but no one is quite sure if it's because of something that happens in utero or due to breastfeeding.

odd
August 24th, 2014, 04:34 PM
I'm glad to hear that atomic. ..all kids in our families are picky except my son and I'm sooo not ready ti deal with that lol

Princess of Pink
August 26th, 2014, 03:43 AM
#1 I ate bags of ice.
#2 So much milk it wasn't funny and fresh pineapple.
#3 No real cravings but lots of aversions.
#4 Toasted baked bean and avocado sandwiches.
#5 Slushies
#6 meat/carb combo's like lasagne, pies, plain salted crinkle cut chips with grated cheese.

CherryBlossom
September 24th, 2014, 09:05 AM

I had HG with both my pregnancies. I really couldn't eat much but with my eldest there was no way I could ever eat chicken ! Now? It's his favourite meat. It's all he eats. My second son I couldn't stand lamb .... He loves red meat and I don't even eat steak lol. So I don't believe that at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honeybee
October 5th, 2014, 03:23 PM
I'm only five weeks, but my first craving was oranges right at 3 weeks. Now I crave protein.

Auzair
November 20th, 2014, 06:56 PM
I also got meat n garlic aversion with my DD i only wanted to eat vegetables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kitkat18
November 20th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Craved orange juice like a crazy person from about 10 weeks to 18 weeks it had to be freshly squeezed! Just found we are having a girl. Boys DS1 was granny smith apples DS2 cake/ biscuits etc Xx