PDA

View Full Version : Conceiving during stressful time.....

CdinGA
August 9th, 2014, 07:53 PM
We conceived during a short term stressful period.....my husband received a promotion and we moved out of state. This included me quitting my job, selling and showing our home, transferring schools, my husband leaving to start work, having movers pack our house and the Christmas holiday. All between thanksgiving and New Years. It was a tad stressful BUT we were happy about the move. I conceived during this time. Would the stress sway boy? I am a worrier and OCD over stuff. Would being excited about the move affect the stress aspect? Opinions on that?

Abifasc
August 9th, 2014, 09:20 PM
There's no real way to know. I conceived this baby on the 15th anniversary of my dad's death which is usually pretty stressful but we all worked hard to make it a good day. Are you team green? I'm guessing you are due soon?

CdinGA
August 9th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Yep team green. September 16th is my csection date. I'm just usually going over in my head what my chances are .

Abifasc
August 9th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Did you sway in any way or are you just trying to figure out the odds?

CdinGA
August 10th, 2014, 09:47 AM
I wish I had swayed. I didn't really know all of this info beforehand. I found out after of course. So I'm weighing the odds. Could go either way, I guess. We went with timing, waited til positive opk and dtd like 4 times in 3 days. I was eating healthy at the time but so many variables. Besides, no way I would get lucky !

Abifasc
August 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately many attempts in the fertile window sways boy as does eating very healthy. But, you just never know! Do you have a nt scan from 12-13 weeks that might possibly show a nub?

Dreamofpink
August 10th, 2014, 10:16 AM
I think your amount of attempts certainly helps & short-term targets type of stress may be good for blue too. Even with the best sway in the world though, opposites still happen. It is what it is & you're very welcome to all of my blue dust!!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

CdinGA
August 10th, 2014, 06:57 PM
I hope so. It's always half of the things I unknowingly did sway blue and half unknowingly swayed girl. I guess it isn't up to me.

atomic sagebrush
August 11th, 2014, 02:37 AM
stress doesn;t sway blue. it may sway pink if it's prolonged and takes a toll on you physically.

atomic sagebrush
August 11th, 2014, 02:39 AM
i think happy stress can sway blue, esp if you're in good health - it's just not so cut and dry unfortunately

blackbekki
August 11th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Hope the stress did sway pink for me :) and not the happy stress either x