PDA

View Full Version : O+12, PCOS, and Clomid

Legacy_19
July 11th, 2011, 10:03 PM
We are TTC a girl. I have a prescription for Clomid that I will begin taking once I finish my medication to make AF make her appearance. I want to do O+12 but I have PCOS and never have a cycle without medication every 3-4 months. So, I am suppose to know when I ovulate so I can aim for O+12 - O+18?

We have two sons that we conceived naturally. Swaying and praying for a healthy, preferably pink, bundle of joy.

LolaInLove
July 12th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Hey Legacy....I am not ttc a girl, but I would take opks and track your ovulation for sure, and then give it a go. Are you being monitored on the Clomid for follies? (I am taking it first month coming up myself.) Just from my being on the boards forever I know some about ttc a girl and if I were you, I would not worry about the timing as much because it isn't proven to really be a true sway factor. A lot of people still do the old Shettles timing in their sway, but there are so many opposites with timing alone that Shettles has been disproven. Plus, it becomes so stressful to time it right that it ends up swaying boy because of the stress/challenge of it which raises your testosterone. My advice (if you are just trying to get pg soon and don't want to mess with this for long) is to lower your husband's sperm count with a variety of methods and use an antihistimine to dry your cm up, which the Clomid may do also. Most importantly, I would do the girl diet as best you can!

Good luck and HTH!

swish
July 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Great advice from Lola! I know atomic said clonus itself sways pink so to concentrate on getting pregnant quickly and therefore nit to give too much thought to timing. Good luck!

Legacy_19
July 12th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Lola,
My clomid has been prescribed by my ob/gyn but there is no monitoring. I will go in on day 21 to have my progesterone(?) level checked but that is it. I wish I would be getting US to check to number of follicles because I really don't want to conceive more than two babies (one, healthy, preferably pink baby is the goal).

Plum3
July 12th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Legacy, the only problem with bloods on CD21 is that they are done under the assumption that you will O on CD14, which I am assuming may not be the case with you? If you are using OPKs to detect O, like Lola mentioned, then you could have your bloods taken 7 dpo (whatever CD that may be) to give you an accurate post O progesterone level.

Legacy_19
July 13th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I will use OPK's. So, I should get my progesterone checked 7 days after a +OPK?

LolaInLove
July 13th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I will use OPK's. So, I should get my progesterone checked 7 days after a +OPK?

That is what my doctor is doing also....she just gave it to me to take from CD3-7. She said most women ovulate about a week later (usually 5-10 days), so you SHOULD have ovulated by CD21, especially with the Clomid. BUT Bec is totally right, you can just track your O and go in when you are 7dpo. (Just tell them you are CD21, it makes life easier in the fetal dating also.) I am hoping for one baby as well, but if I get two, I'd be happy also (hopefully boys for me!). When do you start taking it?

babydes56
July 13th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Legacy, i agree with Bec about going to get your bloods done 7 days after ovulation. The way i tracked this accurately was through temping, when ovulation was confirmed i waited 7 days then went for bloods. I actually ovulated on CD21 so it's different for everyone

Legacy_19
July 13th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Lola,
I am on my third day of provera. So as soon as AF shows, I will take Clomid days 2-6.

Babydee,
I really don't know what I am suppose to look for when tracking my temps...

Plum3
July 13th, 2011, 10:22 PM
You won't neccessarily ovulate the day you get a + OPK so as babydes said, track O through temps. A great website to do this is fertility friend. It has heaps of useful info on it.

Legacy_19
July 13th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Bec,
Thanks! I will check that out.

LolaInLove
July 14th, 2011, 10:36 AM
FF is great.....I think I may start temping again myself. I may indeed wait 7 days after O and go also....I usually O before day 18, but that is not 7 days after. Last month I did at day 14.

LolaInLove
July 14th, 2011, 10:36 AM
We might actually be on the same time frame, Legacy. I am expecting AF in about 4 days myself.

Legacy_19
July 14th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Lola,
That's great! I hope it works out for both of us. Although, I am afraid I am starting to get cold feet. Both my boys were unplanned. TTC on purpose is a whole new ballgame for me and leaves me feeling a little uneasy... Crazy, huh!?! I keep thinking... we want to sell our house and I so want a cute little girl nursery that I won't get if we are in the middle of a move
:(

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2011, 11:00 AM
We are TTC a girl. I have a prescription for Clomid that I will begin taking once I finish my medication to make AF make her appearance. I want to do O+12 but I have PCOS and never have a cycle without medication every 3-4 months. So, I am suppose to know when I ovulate so I can aim for O+12 - O+18?

We have two sons that we conceived naturally. Swaying and praying for a healthy, preferably pink, bundle of joy.

First of all hi and welcome! Glad you found us.

You may not want to hear this but I would NEVER EVER EVER do any timing method for swaying with Clomid, esp. O+12 and beyond a doubt 100% DO NOT even think about O+18.

Not only do you need to be able to predict ovulation to do O+12, but doing O+12 makes it very very hard to get pg. Some women go for many months/a full year trying for O+12 and not getting pregnant. Many women's eggs (esp. if you are over 35) do not even LIVE past 12 hours, NO egg lives past 24 hours, and sperm take minimum 4 hours to capacitate so when you start playing around with O+18 you are all but guaranteeing you will not conceive. Even if your egg is very long lived, it will be at death's door by the time the sperm arrives. That may be fine for people who are TTC naturally and have time to lose.
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1293-O-12-Part-3-Advantages-and-Disadvantages-of-O-12

However, Clomid makes your uterine lining go bad very quickly and after you take it for a few months, it makes your lining so terrible that it actually actually begins to act as a birth control pill and will keep you from getting pregnant. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1191-Clomid In fact, if you stay on Clomid too long you will actually risk getting cancer because your uterus begins to grow cancerous cells.

There is NO reliable scientific evidence that O+12 sways at all and most people cannot get pregnant doing it. On the other hand, Clomid is proven to sway pink for a fact. I think you would be much, much better served by doing whatever you can to do get pg while on Clomid and relying on Clomid to sway for you.