PDA

View Full Version : GENDER SCAN tommorow really anxious :worry:

wishing on a star
July 12th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Well the waiting is finally over, i have a gender scan booked for tommorow morning when i will be 16 weeks 1 day ! Was really excited at first but i just feel anxious now, it will be nice to find out but part of me is wandering wether i should be going!
Ive got it in my head that im gonna hear boy again but part of me still holds out a little hope for a girl. Im worried that although i feel fine with the idea now if i hear boy tommorow im not going to be as excited about my pregnancy and i feel SO guilty about that. I guess ill have no idea how i will feel until i actually hear the words, wish i could be a bit more excited, i know how lucky i am to be pregnant and so far baby looks healthy i just have to keep concentrating on that !
Thank you everyone for your support over the past few months will update when i get home sometime in the afternoon

UPDATE well it's boy number 3 for me , still hasn't sunk in feel a little flat at the moment . I knew there was no guarantee with swaying but I really believed this may be my little girl finally . I honestly believe I did everything I could , diet, hormones , timing ect ect i think that's why it's a bit harder to get used too . He looked so perfect and he's healthy which is the most important thing . I'm not sad I'm having a little boy just upset that I'm not having a girl, this us gonna be a hard few days i think while it sinks in ! Thank you so much everyone for your support xxx

xxxxxx

TTC5
July 12th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Sending you all my pink dust!! xx

swish
July 12th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Good luck, wishing!!! do not feel guilty if you hear boy and feel a little disappointed, that would be completely normal and you know you will love and adore whatever little squishy bub you get!!! Good luck, enjoy seeing your baby, xx

Zivic-Bubac
July 12th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Oh Wishing, I'm so excited for you!!!! Best of luck and I hope you'll hear the right answer :wink:
btw, nub looks totally girly FX!!!! Keep us posted! :luck: :luck: :luck:

ELP
July 12th, 2011, 02:59 AM
So excited for you!! Every bit of pink I have on its way xxxxxxxxx

wishing on a star
July 12th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Thanks so much ladies, will update asap xx

Petal
July 12th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Hoping you hear girl tomorrow, good luck :-)

zanacal
July 12th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Good luck wishing, I look forward to your update and hope you're ok either way x

Three Gorgeous Pickles
July 12th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Good luck wishing. Ive been waiting for the 13th for ages to hear your update. I really hope it all goes well for you tomorrow and you hear girl. If you hear boy, being a little disappointed is natural after wanting something so much, but when you hold that gorgeous baby in your arms you will completely fall in love either way. Thinking of you x

shouldihope?
July 12th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Good luck and fx!

ELP
July 12th, 2011, 08:56 AM
What times your appointment wishing???!

wishing on a star
July 12th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Its at 11 oclock!! I wont be home till after lunch so will update then, im not gonna be able to sleep tonight!!
xx

purplepoet20
July 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I get so excited hearing that someone is going for a gender scan... wishing you the best and praying you hear princess!

LolaInLove
July 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I get super excited also! I can never sleep before mine either. Sending massive amounts of pink dust! But either way, hoping your baby is as healthy as can be!

Hobbermittens
July 12th, 2011, 02:33 PM
PLEASE take ALL my pink dust!!! Fingers crossed you hear girl tomorrow!

begonia
July 12th, 2011, 02:49 PM
More pink dust headed your way Wishing! FX your little bean cooperates and you get a good view!

Emmy2012
July 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Good Luck Wishing!!!

wishing on a star
July 13th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Only four more hours ahhhh ! I've waited so long for this and now it's here I don't know If I wanna know ! I'm so excited to see my baby again though xxxx

annabel♥lee
July 13th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Any update yet?? :)

EDIT: Oops, i just realized that you just posted you have 4 hours left! Doh! Sorry... haha ;) We're in different time zones obviously! Good luck, I hope you get your pink bundle!!

Indira
July 13th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Enjoy seeing your baby and good luck!!!!!

pinkin2011
July 13th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Good Luck xo

rainbowflower
July 13th, 2011, 06:23 AM
hope you've already been in and had good news!

Sassy
July 13th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Also popping in to wish you lots of luck! Can't wait to hear the update.....fingers crossed!

swish
July 13th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Thinking of you, excited to see your update!!!!

wishing on a star
July 13th, 2011, 09:10 AM
update on first page x

nicnee1976
July 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Sorry you didn't hear pink. But 3 boys is fab too. I feel I am carrying my 4th boy, although I have chosen not to find out until birth. I really feel that I too did the best sway I could, but I am sure that testosterone levels are the culprit and I am destined for boys.

Hope you feel better about it soon. A healthy baby is all that truly matters. A lesson I learnt from our recent Down's scare experience.

LolaInLove
July 13th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Wishing, I know that wasn't what you wanted to hear, but congrats on a healthy baby! Like Nicnee said, you will have a wonderful group of kids, and he will be such a blessing to your family.

Zivic-Bubac
July 13th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Congratulations on healthy baby boy! Would it be any help if I told you you have my dream family of 3 boys? :HH:
I couldn't find your sway attempt, did you post it?
Do you happen to know in what biorhythm you conceived and what Moon sign? I attempted on lean girl biorhythm and strongest girl sign-Cancer and it's killing me thinking that can prevale :worry:

Hobbermittens
July 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I'm sorry you didn't hear what you were hoping for. ((hugs)) But 3 boys will be so wonderful! Think of how happy those brothers will be to have each other. I always wanted all boys. I know it doesn't help much to hear, but I would love your family make up!

zanacal
July 13th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Oh hun, I was so optimistic for you. I completely know what you mean about not being sad to have a boy but sad to not have a girl. Take time for it to sink in and don't feel bad about feeling bad! I promise you you'll love having 3 boys - I enjoyed my 3rd the most as babies and they really do all love having each other to play with. xxx

rainbowflower
July 13th, 2011, 11:45 AM
aww *hugs*
that little boy obviously wanted you to be his mummy very much

swish
July 13th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Oh, so sorry you didn't hear what you wanted but as previously stated your boys will be so lucky to have that brotherly bond. I completely agree you grieve for the baby girl you haven't got, you don't feel sad for the lovely boy you'll have. I really hope you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, lots of love, xx

wishing on a star
July 13th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Congratulations on healthy baby boy! Would it be any help if I told you you have my dream family of 3 boys? :HH:
I couldn't find your sway attempt, did you post it?
Do you happen to know in what biorhythm you conceived and what Moon sign? I attempted on lean girl biorhythm and strongest girl sign-Cancer and it's killing me thinking that can prevale :worry:
HI hunny i know when i checked my biorythm it was a slight boy lean but my dh was a strong girl, baby was concieved in a new moon not sure what sign though, it was 8th april if that helps at all?
I havent got round to posting my sway yet but i deffinetley will, i will probably do it tommorow.
Thank you so much everybody for all your kind words and support, it is nice to know i am not goin through this alone. Dh just got back from work and i told him and he is very low, i think hes trying to keep it from me but i know him. So so glad baby is healthy and i am so grateful for that, time is a healer and im sure as the weeks go by it will get easier.
I have already been online and spent a small fortune on baby things for him, cheered me up a little
lol
xx

Three Gorgeous Pickles
July 13th, 2011, 12:34 PM
oh hun, im sorry that you didnt hear the words you were so hoping for. I know that disapointment and i completely agree that you aren't sad for the gorgeous little boy that you are going to have, but just sad that the chance of having a girl has gone. I wish i could give you a big hug. The bond that boys have is fab though and i do so love watching my boys play together, that surely a third boy would only add to that wonderful relationship. Your boys will probably love having another boy - makes their football games etc in the garden more fun. Each time i have hoped for a girl, but got two boys and they really are the best thing to happen to me (im sure you agree with your gorgeous boys). Im now 11 weeks with our third child and i have followed your story feeling very similar emotions and hopes to you - im hoping girl again, but i think its another boy and, like you, that will take time to get use to. Take it slowly, buy your little boy gorgeous new things so its fun for you, and im sure when you hold that little guy your heart will melt. I wish you every happiness in the world. x

Petal
July 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Dreamer, congrats on your little boy! I just want to say i know exactly how you're feeling right now, im currently 24 weeks pregnant with my 3rd boy and ive known since 16 weeks. May i say, we too swayed hard for pink and i was totally devestated and heart broken when i found out, i felt guilty because i knew my baby was healthy and soo cute but i just couldnt be happy at that time. I cried and was angry but i promise you those feelings fade away with time, as the weeks go by it gets easier and easier. I kept it a secret from my dh until the 20 week scan as i knew how i would react and i didnt want him to see me so upset, by the time our 20 week scan came the news was much easier to hear and although we were both a bit gutted it could have been worse. Anyway, sorry for babbling on, just wanted to let you know you're not alone and we will love our boys more than anything :-) x x

wishing on a star
July 13th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Thank you so much three gorgeous pickles and petal your words bring much needeed comfort at this time, i really do appreciate it. It means so much that i can come on here and not feel judged and be able to express my true feelings
xxx

DoulaMama
July 13th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I'm so sorry you didn't hear "Girl":( Our third little boy is seriously the most lovable, sweet, angel boy and I don't know what I would do without him. My heart still aches for a little girl but knowing how much I love my little guys makes it a bit easier to think about me having a fourth boy. (((Big hugs Mama))) Is this your last baby? I hope you can have another chance in the future:HH:

wishing on a star
July 13th, 2011, 01:10 PM
We said it was our last but dh just said to me he will try for one more ! Not ready to think about that yet but its nice to know the dreams not over.
xx

zanacal
July 13th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Our third was our last too - there's nothing wrong with changing your plans in the future if you both feel you'd like to! More hugs x

Three Gorgeous Pickles
July 13th, 2011, 02:15 PM
That is great that your husband is open to another child. At least there is that option for you to try again if you desire. My husband said three is our max whatever the sex of this one.

purplepoet20
July 13th, 2011, 02:15 PM
We said it was our last but dh just said to me he will try for one more ! Not ready to think about that yet but its nice to know the dreams not over.
xx

You got a great man if he already says he will try again... you'll have 3 great little men that will be supportive like him.

Sorry you heard bad news but a healthy baby outweighs the gender. Time will heal your heart and in the meantime you have a great family here at DG!

rainbowflower
July 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM
aww how lovely of your DH!

begonia
July 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Wishing I love that your DH is open to trying again! I am sorry you didn't hear girl but glad you do have a healthy little one, we all know that is a blessing even as we hope for our DG. Shopping does help ease the pain, doesn't it? I'm pg with our 3rd and I know if it is our 3rd daughter the day after she is born I'll be loading up with new stuff too. AND I really think once he arrives he'll take your breath away, but you know that :-) Hope you have a truly lovely rest of your pregnancy and that the sadness fades soon.

aabroo
July 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I'm so sorry you didnt hear pink,but congratulations on your little man.

Three Gorgeous Pickles
July 15th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Hi wishing, just thought i'd pop in and see how you are doing today? Hope you are feeling a little better. x

BabyCakes
July 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Wishing on a star... How are you feeling a few days later? Been thinking of you- you write so well that it feels like I can just imagine experiencing your thoughts... sending hugs xoxoxo

Petal
July 15th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Thinking of you too, hope you're okay :-) x

skrimpy
July 15th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Sorry you didn't hear girl - congrats on a healthy little boy. So sweet of your DH to say you can try for one more!

wishing on a star
July 16th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Thank you so much everyone for thinking if me , sorry I haven't replied been sooner had a busy few days . I'm actually coping a lot better then I thought I would , I had a little cry the other day bur apart from that I'm not feeling to upset , I think I'm making myself stay strong as I feel guilty on this little one otherwise . It's not his fault he's not a little girl and I know how much I will live him as will dh and his two big brothers , I really just can't wait to meet him now !! I think the fact that I know if we decide to try again then the option is there is probably helped me more than I realise . If I thought this was deffinetley our last I'd probably be feeling so different right now . I don't want anything to take away how special this little man is going to be so I will put my thoughts on trying again aside for a while , it's difficult Ti know wether I will sway again as I put Evetything into it this time and don't know how I would do it differentley if I tried again, that is something to think about in the future .

I wAnt you all to know that your support has been invaluable and I truly believe that the reason I have dealt with this better then I expected was due to all the support and reassuring words from everyone on here . Thank you again xxxxx

wishing on a star
July 16th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Sorry for all the spelling mistakes have sent this from my phone lol xxxx

ELP
July 16th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Bless you wishing:) I was so hoping it was your lady, but she's definately waiting until she has 3 big brothers to look after her:) Which little girl wouldn't!!

Foxy
July 16th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Congratulations on your little man xx