PDA

View Full Version : Due dec'14-jan/feb'15 part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

sweetdream
August 18th, 2014, 06:19 AM
We were asked to start a new thread so I took the liberty to do so!

Abifasc
August 18th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Hi! Gender ultrasound today!!!! Yay! Hope everyone is feeling ok!

angielorna
August 18th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Good luck today!!! How very exciting :) Fingers eyes and toes crossed you hear you have a healthy pink bean in there!!!!
Angie

hotdogz&boyz
August 18th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Good luck Abi!

And thanks sweet dream. I didn't want to start one, since I technically dont belong on this thread ;)

Hope everyone is doing well. I am 10 weeks today. 2.5 weeks til my NT scan. I'm getting excited to see baby again. This is my first preg since my first where I have not had a ton of first tri scans (7,8,9,12 weeks with #2, 6,9,10,11 with #3). So I can't wait to see how the munchkin has grown. I hear the HB on Doppler every 4-5 days. I only try then. Babe is located just to my right side, halfway between my belly button and pubic bone. Fairly easy to find. HB is around 150 each time. So I do know things are going smoothly even without scans.

oncue
August 18th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Thnx sweet dream!
Good luck Abi, I'll be excitedly waiting for ur update! Fingers crossed xx
How exciting that ur NT scan is coming up Hotdogz, it must be so good to be able to check on the Doppler too. I wish we had one, but everytime I jump on eBay to have a look I never get around to it, and figure it's getting too late now as I am getting the start of bubs kicking.
Hope everyone is well xo

angielorna
August 18th, 2014, 03:37 PM
I love my doppler! Baby's heartbeat is right around the 150 mark too. It's a lovely way to end the eve, listening to the heartbeat (not every eve, but I almost exclusively do it in the eve when I do).

Abifasc -- where the heck are you? I came here to stalk for results and.....nada!!!!! Thinking of you.

Angie

sweetdream
August 20th, 2014, 04:41 AM
I'm gonna try if we can continue the conversation here LOL.

Abi. I've responded on you other thread. what a beautiful boy you have there. and such a lovely name! I know he will concur your heart.
I hope you can keep continue being this strong but I know you'll be fine! but if you do crash at some point. I think it's normal. You've gained a amazing son but lost the girl in your heart at this point. (I've been there. and indeed GD with DS3 was less then with DS2. But I don't want to experience it again so we still go for the surprise (I'm convinced it's a boy so..))

crazycat! what a wonderful nub. I hope it's your GD!

Daisymoo Congrats! your NUB was already very promising. I can only imagine how you must feel!

I'm doing ok. the nausea has been in the background for a week now. Got headaches in return. but he... LOL. My belly is growing and I already feel big.. (Sigh... no fun being this heavy)
I still have the Idea it's another boy. what else could it be.. I've got the feeling it's not for me. but I will love him to pieces.
A name is only soooo hard... I love English names, but most don't pronounce well in our language.
We seem to have a girls name at this point. but not a boys name yet.

Can't we make a list? of who is in the Due date group. when they are due. what they are having or if it's team green.
I feel like the ones who didn't get there dream gender could be more supported that way? So they don't feel left out?

Abifasc
August 20th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Hi ladies I lost this thread so I'm sorry I haven't messaged! I'm doing good. I honestly had a hard time Monday night just getting over the shock and loss of the daughter I was so sure I had. I'm not disappointed that it's a boy, just really surprised...I really didn't entertain the fact that it was a boy. The morning sickness and meat aversions had me totally convinced. Now I'm a lot better and really excited now. I love having two boys and three will be great. I still will be active here :)

FutureMiniMe
August 20th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Oh Abi! What a positive attitude you have! I am sure that I will be in the same boat as you when it comes time to find out. I had not had super strong feelings either way, but I was hopeful the baby might be a girl.

I just had my NT scan this week. Similar to Crazycat's experience, I went in asking about nub theory and got a bad reaction. She said that nub theory was ridiculous and that people put so much pressure on them to know way too early and that was not the purpose of this scan. Then my husband chimed in with all he cares about is a healthy baby and I felt really dumb and totally judged by them. It seemed to me that she tried to avoid the whole area on purpose except when she needed to be there and even then, she didn't push too deep to get a good shot (if that even makes sense). I thought I saw a couple of glimpses of a long flat like that looked kinda forked at the end which gave me hope but when my husband shared one of the pictures she gave us, my fiend who also knows about nub theory said it looked boyish to her. I explained the situation to her but it didn't really sway her opinion much but she said her fingers were crossed for us. So now I am disappointed and doubting what I saw when I was there bc I really don't know how good I am at all of this and maybe I just saw what I wanted to see because I want it so badly.

Here is the pic I have of it.

sweetdream
August 20th, 2014, 02:00 PM
I can't see a clear nub. So many stripes. Hope its your girl

LilithWiser1979
August 20th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Aw, sorry Future, that baby is arching. No guess I can make from that would mean anything. Pretty baby, though :)

sweetdream
August 21st, 2014, 04:32 AM
Lillith. I find that the name Elia is a boys name. Its in our country. Don't know bout were your from.

kitkat18
August 21st, 2014, 04:57 AM
Yah!!! For a scan futureminime sorry the tech didn't give you a little help :( . Can you book a private scan?? I wouldn't worry about one persons opinion, it could have been a funny angle?
Yah!!!! Yahmama for HH boy xxxx
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Abifasc
August 21st, 2014, 08:37 AM
Future, sweet baby! I can't make a definite guess on the nub. I hope you get to find out soon!

angielorna
August 21st, 2014, 09:15 AM
What an adorable baby, future! Sorry you had a poor experience. That's why I didn't even ask about a nub....just tried to keep my eyes peeled.

You have a great attitude Abifasc! That's how I'm thinking about baby. Although, I'm pretty sure it's a boy....so I won't have that shock. I even dreamed the baby was a boy last night. I think three sons will be great. The saddest part (silly, I know) is that I won't be able to call DS2 my babiest boy anymore :(

I'm started to cave with the whole team green thing. I keep seeing cute things for boys and girls and want to buy stuff!!!!! Ugh.

Angie

sweetdream
August 21st, 2014, 09:37 AM
I'm sure mine is a boy too angie.. but it's not because of a nub or something.. but feeling.
But it's because I just couldn't imagine it is a girl. My mom is completely convinced it's a girl. (hope she's right)
I've dreamt 3times already it's a boy. the last one it was a girl though. My mom had found out and she told me. I couldn't believe it. and I didn't believe it. THIS baby is a boy! again. lol.
but I feel comfort in the knowledge that feelings and dreams don't say a thing.
Not caving in on the team green yet though! lol.
I just feel respect for those who did found out and didn't get there DG. I just feel weak for not wanting to experience those emotions and sticking my head in the sand. but. it's the best thing for me now.

sweetdream
August 21st, 2014, 09:51 AM
@names.

a girls name we already have. but another boys name. And the names my boys have we don't want to put on a forum. so ..

but crazycat
I really like Declan! it's so awesome and I can really picture a boy but also a though guy!
If your husband doesn't like Coda how about Cody.
dylan I find it "normal" next to Lyra.
In our country Fender is a name that is introduced couple years back by a famous person. (since then it's used more often)
it's the name of a special guitar.

angielorna
August 21st, 2014, 01:21 PM
Sweedream- my boy thoughts are not nub related. I just don't think I'm going to get a chance to raise a girl. And, if that's what is to be, it shall be!
Angie

FutureMiniMe
August 21st, 2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks everyone. It is nice to still be able to hold out hope. I really didn't think you could see a nub in the picture I was given but I am far from an expert.

Congrats to everyone else who have had great scans and to those who have gotten the little boys and girls they were trying for! I am not sure that I will be able to join your club but i love our boy name so I can be excited about that!

I love everyone's name ideas too. Elia sounds beautiful and I love Declan! I don't know how to explain what type of names we lean towards. Except for our 5 year old, our names have never been on the top of the charts or anything. We have a Jacob (and it was actually on the top the year he was born but we didn't know it), and a Derek. For this baby we are going with Nathan (the last little boy name that I absolutely love) middle name Thomas, and Sarah for a girl (I didn't love love it but DH picked it and I get to use my mom's middle name as the middle name for her so it would be Sarah Evelyn).

The first time I was pregnant I wanted to go with Charlotte or Lorilei or something like that but DH wasn't on board. Turned out not to matter much anyway. He likes names that he grew up around rather than the newer trendy names or the old ones being revived.

sweetdream
August 21st, 2014, 03:46 PM
I love nathan! Beautiful name.

Angie I feel the same. But I can be down if I let that feeling in too much. I wanted a sister since I was little. And a daughter for ever. Bit somehow i've always felt that was ment for other ppl Ans not me. And that hurts.

angielorna
August 21st, 2014, 04:06 PM
:( I've always wanted daughters too. I think I can talk a brave game, but when the time comes, I'm sure it will hit me harder than I think. I was hit with DS2 with more force than I thought I would. I felt so sad that I felt so sad... I'm sure much of my talk is a defense mechanism. Maybe, just maybe, if I convince myself it doesn't REALLY matter, I won't be too crushed (my thought process). I just keep picturing myself with 3 boys and what life will be like because I'm too afraid to picture myself with the daughter I long for. It's such a difficult process....

Hugs,
Angie

sweetdream
August 21st, 2014, 05:09 PM
I want to give you a hug. I can tell from experience that a third boy is in fact special. There were many moments before we tried to TTC again and even while we were, that I found a girl wasn't needed. That my Fam was cool the way it was.
Now I am pg I do worry. I know I will love a fourth Son. I know it will be special and perfect. But I will need to have him in my arms to accept that.

And I feel so stupid. Someone close to me is pg. She wants a girl as badly as I.
I'm scared she will have her and I won't.
My mother tells me for a while she really thinks I'm pg with a girl.. I just don't believe it. I can't. I want to guard my heart. And I do that talk too. Too others. I want to avoid baby's gender talk. It hurts Either way. Boy way because when he is he's loved! And girl talk cause I just don't want to hope.

(Did buy Some girls clothes though. Want to hope and dream in private sometimes)

kitkat18
August 21st, 2014, 10:16 PM
What an adorable baby, future! Sorry you had a poor experience. That's why I didn't even ask about a nub....just tried to keep my eyes peeled.

You have a great attitude Abifasc! That's how I'm thinking about baby. Although, I'm pretty sure it's a boy....so I won't have that shock. I even dreamed the baby was a boy last night. I think three sons will be great. The saddest part (silly, I know) is that I won't be able to call DS2 my babiest boy anymore :(

Angie

I feel the same Angie, our boys are about the same age.Just before my BFP I asked my youngest what would I call him if we have a third boy he said well I would still be your little boy and the baby would be the littlest :) soooo cute!! My eldest ruined it a little by saying no! You would be the middle boy hehe xxxxx

LilithWiser1979
August 22nd, 2014, 11:25 AM
Yahmama, thanks for the spelling suggestion, but Aleeah (I know, one extra "e" from the way you spelled it) is the name one of the trashy Teen Mom girls gave her daughter. I kind of liked Elia, but a lot of the appeal was the fact that it was a name from our favorite fantasy series, and changing the spelling would take even that away :(

For GoT names, I prefer Danaerys, Khaleesi, Ygritte and even Melisandre. I know, I'm totally weird. My top name picks are still Tierra, Rhiannon, and Kaia. From Arthurian legend, I love Ceinwyn (pronounced cane-win,) Nimue, and Lyonesse, but I think of these more as middle names. I think DH and I are in for a LONG battle... not unlike before! Both our boys were named several hours after they were born. The name fight literally last that long.

angielorna
August 22nd, 2014, 12:20 PM
okay, so I think I'm caving about finding out the gender of baby blob. Just for "curiosity's" sake -- what do you think is the earlies an ultrasound can be accurate for gender? I'm reading some that say 16 weeks, others say 18. I'm only 13w5d, but baby is measuring (approx) 15w1d based from my last ultrasound that put baby about 10 days ahead. So if baby is bigger, would you think I could *theoretically* go in for an ultrasound end of next wee, beginning of the following week and have it be accurate?

I have a dr's appointment on Tuesday and plan to ask about the anatomy scan and if I should go at 18w gestationally or by size (I'm guessing she's going to say gestationally).

I'm starting to drive myself a little crazy. Of course, I'm going to let DH think he "convinced" me to find out :P

Any thoughts?
Angie

sweetdream
August 22nd, 2014, 12:48 PM
I found out with 15wks with 2 sons!

Abifasc
August 22nd, 2014, 01:10 PM
Micah was extremely obviously a boy at 15w1d!! So was ds2 at the same gestation.

LilithWiser1979
August 22nd, 2014, 02:33 PM
I would NOT go for a gender guess by measurement, only one by actual age. I've seen too many women whose babies were measuring way ahead use the measurement date only to end up being told the wrong gender.

I *personally* would not trust an ultrasound before 18 weeks. If you are told boy at a 15 week US, I'm sure it's a boy, but I wouldn't trust a girl gender assignment until later, simply because it's easier to hide the bits until later. This was advice given to me by a tech, and I think it was great advice for someone with my extreme GD issues.

Most of the girl gender ultrasounds at 16 weeks are absolutely correct, but I wanted to be sure before I got super excited and started setting my heart on a future with a daughter.

Good luck! Whatever you choose to do, please let us know your results... we're all dying to know :)

Marika
August 22nd, 2014, 02:59 PM
Angie - I can totally understand your eager to know! I am also counting the days and a few weeks have never seemed longer than now. I have 3,5 weeks until my next booked scan (at 18,5 weeks) and I just don't know how to make time pass quicker. I have been thinking about booking a scan earlier, but there are no places here nearby that do gender scans privately (almost all maternity care in Sweden is public so other places are rare and it's not possible to get extra scans just out of curiosity). And when I think about it rationally, it might be for the best since recommendations for gender scans are around those weeks. But emotionally I'd wanna have another one today, if only to have another nub shot.

And talking about nub shots, looked at your scan but can't see any clues! Hoping for a pink little bundle in there though!

Yahmama
August 22nd, 2014, 03:10 PM
Ah, had no clue there was another thread started- thanks for pointing that out!
I would also say to wait till a few weeks later to find out gender only bc if it's not clear it'd probably drive you crazier thinking about it.
My Dr even likes to wait till 20 wks to do anatomy scan bc you they get a clearer view of the heart. I think that's why they've been starting to give the Panorama to everyone so that most will go ahead and find out then wait till 20 wks for the scan- but everywhere is different.

crazycatcouple
August 22nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
Finally got caught up on the new thread :-) Lots of fun names convos!! Lilith, I love all your GoT names!

I am in awe of you ladies that can stay team green, but Angie, we will welcome you over to the dark side happily, lol :-) I too am impatient and found a place that says they can do gender scans at 14 weeks! With our daughter, we did an early sneak peak at 16 weeks on the dot, and she was measuring right on. We felt pretty confident in it though because she was spread eagle with her but up in the air, so we got a very easy potty shot, lol, and it was quite obvious at that time. For this baby, we have our scan scheduled with a private place for Thursday. We'll only be 14w1d, and that's actually stretching it because the doc let us move the due date based on the scan since our daughter came naturally so early. I'm a little nervous it's going to be too early, so I likely won't breath too easily until we have our anatomy scan at 20 weeks and confirm, but at least with trying for a boy, I'm hoping there will be something to see! This woman who does the scans seems to have lots of experience and said 14w1d was perfect! I just hope she's right!!

oncue
August 23rd, 2014, 03:31 AM
Hey Angie I also found out at 15 weeks, it was pretty clear bub was a boy. I never found out for my DDs so I don't know how early u can tell. I would say if ur going to do it at 15 weeks do it according to gestational dates rather than what baby is measuring as u will hopefully get a more accurate picture.
how exciting! Xo

oncue
August 24th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Lilith I read that Khaleesi (for girls) and Tyrion (for boys) are the most popular names from GoT this year, and I think Arya wasn't far behind.
Crazycat I was thinking about interesting names that had a musical theme and thought about Zephyr. It means a light breeze, but ofcourse it's from the chilli peppers song which I thought was cool. It's an interesting boys name and I think very different too 😊

daisymoo
August 25th, 2014, 03:45 AM
So this is where you are all hiding out! I knew the other thread was a bit quiet! I love your name choices girls Great names so far I love playing around with names This time around I'm thinking of Ellie, Beth, Mia, Charlotte or Isabel but will no doubt change my mind a hundred times over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kitkat18
August 25th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Gorgeous names daisymoo!! Have you shopped up a storm? Xx

kitkat18
August 25th, 2014, 04:23 AM
P.s all ladies who want too we have a secret Facebook group! Come and join us.... Details over at due april/may thread x

daisymoo
August 25th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Thanks Kitkat Would you believe I have only bought two dresses and one cardigan! Think I'm still in disbelief! Hope to do lots of shopping soon! How are you feeling? Do you have morning sickness?
Can't join ye on Facebook as I'm not on Facebook so think I'll hang out here!

crazycatcouple
August 25th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Oncue, that is cute :-) I've added it to my list! Thanks!!

Daisymoo, those are adorable names - all very sweet for a little girl :-)

How's everyone feeling these days? I know I'm one of the latest due dates, so hopefully pretty much everyone here is in the "good" part of the 2nd tri. I feel like I'm almost there, but since I'm still taking these pills, the tiredness just won't let up! I feel like if I don't get a nap every day, I am just dragging by 5pm. Most days, I can sneak one in, but sometimes I can't, and the evenings are just so rough then. With my daughter, the MS stopped about 15 weeks, so I might try and ween off the pills around then and see how I do. I'd much rather be tired than nauseous though!

angielorna
August 25th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I love reading about names! I guess I'm a little more traditional when it comes to name than some. My boys are Alexander and Thomas. And I'm leaning towards Charlie (Charles or Charlotte, though I'm not a huge fan of Charles)....I just really like Charlie. We haven't discussed names AT ALL. DH does not want to discuss boy names (because we're "thinking positive", lol and I can't bring myself to discuss girl names. We tossed a few around before becoming preggo, but nothing since. Every once in awhile I'll throw a name out that I like, but it's almost always a boy name.

Had another it's a boy dream last night. It was bizarre. I think it's because I was talking to a friend about finding out vs waiting and she was like, but you really wanted to wait, it's your last chance, if that's what you really want, you should do it...which threw me back into my internal struggle/debate. So hard to decide!!!

As for symptomes -- I think we're all finally hitting the second trimester. I do not feel pregnant at all. Not one iota. I have to tell you, it's alittle unnerving. I had so few symptoms with my boys, but this is so extreme!!! Even the tiredness and flatulance has subsided. No movement yet so I lug out the doppler every once in awhile for some reassurance. I wish I could own an ultrasound machine!!!!

I still feel detached in an odd way with this pregnancy. Yes, I do know it's happening, I do read everyday about what is happening, but it STILL does not feel real to me in the slightest. I do not talk about it lots -- I don't know what is going on here. I really wanted to enjoy my last pregnancy and it feels like it's not really happening. So bizarre. I cannot wait till baby's wriggling around and I can feel him/her to remind me of the miracle that's growing inside me.

Enough rambling from me :P
Angie

Abifasc
August 25th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I might have shared my names before, but my boys are Adrian Samuel and Owen Judah. I like names that are uncommon but not weird or difficult to spell or pronounce. Dh likes very traditional, classic names. This baby is Micah roman, as you all know and the name I've loved the longest. My youngest brother is named Micah and I've loved it since he was born and asked my mom if I could use it for a future son. Roman is the name of a Christian fiction hero in a book series I loved as a teenager. My dh is half Italian so I've tried to find names that pay homage to hat, and each boy has a biblical name too. Our girl name was/is AnaSofia and we'll use that if God blesses us with a daughter someday.

I'm feeling better. Still getting sick about twice a week. Still having aversions to meat but I can eat chicken if it's fried- although it still makes me sick. Someone blessed us with a ton of really nice baby boy clothes and gear so I'm definitely feeling much more excited a bout boy #3!

oncue
August 25th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Abi my DH loves the name Owen (he loves the Wilson brothers! Haha)
I think we will def go a traditional name, esp as it's a boy, I think as they grow up it's easier to have something more traditional and strong.
I'm also feeling tired a lot! I don't have any nausea anymore except if I smell certain things (like burritos eew!) but otherwise it's better than it was. I definitely feel fatter though. Not in my belly as much as everywhere else 😔 it's a bit depressing as the last 2 pregnancies I only really plumped up everywhere in the middle of third trimester. My new Obstetrician weighs me at every appointment too which is doubly depressing hahaha!
I'm with you Angie, in that sometimes I just can't get excited or even forget I'm pg, as there's so much going on around me and I'm just tired. Bub is moving more now so maybe a few more kicks in the guts from this LO will get me more excited!

kitkat18
August 26th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Thanks Kitkat Would you believe I have only bought two dresses and one cardigan! Think I'm still in disbelief! Hope to do lots of shopping soon! How are you feeling? Do you have morning sickness?
Can't join ye on Facebook as I'm not on Facebook so think I'll hang out here!

!! You are in disbelief!! Please shop for me and post pictures.....
Actually feeling quite okay just nauseous if I don't eat, does that mean my third boy on board?
I'm still hanging here too as its nice to be supportive of all the newbies ttcers, gender dreams and disappointment etc xxxx

kitkat18
August 26th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Love Owen oncue!! Love the Wilson brothers like your DH x

sweetdream
August 26th, 2014, 08:13 AM
I had my check up today and they made a extra scan! OMG what a beautiful bubba I have here! it's soooo gorgeous already.
I don't really believe in skull theory but this baby has the roundest skull I've ever seen!
my boys have pretty rounded skull either especially with this term but it was diff from this one. Were I was convinced this baby is a boy I'm starting to have faith it might be a little girl. we didn't look between the legs (team green) but there were lots of stripes going on there but bubba was holding hands and cord in that area too.

everything was well so I'm a happy mom at this point with still faith! and hope!

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 08:17 AM
I love reading about names! I guess I'm a little more traditional when it comes to name than some. My boys are Alexander and Thomas. And I'm leaning towards Charlie (Charles or Charlotte, though I'm not a huge fan of Charles)....I just really like Charlie. We haven't discussed names AT ALL. DH does not want to discuss boy names (because we're "thinking positive", lol and I can't bring myself to discuss girl names. We tossed a few around before becoming preggo, but nothing since. Every once in awhile I'll throw a name out that I like, but it's almost always a boy name.

Had another it's a boy dream last night. It was bizarre. I think it's because I was talking to a friend about finding out vs waiting and she was like, but you really wanted to wait, it's your last chance, if that's what you really want, you should do it...which threw me back into my internal struggle/debate. So hard to decide!!!

As for symptomes -- I think we're all finally hitting the second trimester. I do not feel pregnant at all. Not one iota. I have to tell you, it's alittle unnerving. I had so few symptoms with my boys, but this is so extreme!!! Even the tiredness and flatulance has subsided. No movement yet so I lug out the doppler every once in awhile for some reassurance. I wish I could own an ultrasound machine!!!!

I still feel detached in an odd way with this pregnancy. Yes, I do know it's happening, I do read everyday about what is happening, but it STILL does not feel real to me in the slightest. I do not talk about it lots -- I don't know what is going on here. I really wanted to enjoy my last pregnancy and it feels like it's not really happening. So bizarre. I cannot wait till baby's wriggling around and I can feel him/her to remind me of the miracle that's growing inside me.

Enough rambling from me :P
Angie

Hi Angie!

Haven't been on here in a while so just catching up on everything but I wanted to reply as soon as I read this as I feel exactly the same!!! I have been nauseous and even had a few bouts of vomiting but I just don't "feel" pregnant! Even after the scan today and seeing them (yes, twins!) I still don't feel pregnant and it's all really surreal??!!? I wanted to enjoy my last pregnancy too and it's weird but I'm just so detached??!!? I even went into the scan today expecting to be told there was no baby. 😕

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Awww...sweetdream! 💜💜

daisymoo
August 26th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Kitkat I know symptoms don't point to any gender so you most definitely could be having a little pinkie! I really hope you are! I am craving the same foods this time round as my other pregnancies so it just goes to show that symptoms are genderless!

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Owen is a name we will be using if we have another boy, not sure as a first or second name but it's the only family name we haven't used yet, DHs grandfather was Owen.

Still hoping I don't have to use it though!! 😉

daisymoo
August 26th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Mumofsix are you having twins??????? How did I miss that!!!
Sweetdream that's fab news I bet it's a little girl I'll keep everything crossed that it is!!!

sweetdream
August 26th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Mumofsix congrats again on your twins! hope at least one and maybe both are pink!

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Yep daisymoo! Just found out today. Still freaking out. 😜

daisymoo
August 26th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Oh wow! Such amazing news! Huge congrats so happy for you!!! I just guessed on ultrasound forum and I think one is a girl and one is a boy but I wouldn't be surprised if it's two girls either Fab news You must be in shock! How's the hubby?

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Yep, shocked is an understatement!!! Hubby has taken it better than me I think. Lol!

daisymoo
August 26th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Well enjoy every minute of it Great news!

Yahmama
August 26th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Congrats, mumofsix!! Such exciting news! Did you post scan pics in the ultrasound forum?

crazycatcouple
August 26th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Twins are so cool, congrats!! I'm sure they are hard work, but it sounds like you're pro at this mommy thing :-)

Not sure what happened today, but I just threw up all my breakfast, the worst series of puking to date. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. I thought I was past all this! In fact, I've been feeling almost normal (well, normal for being pregnant) these past few days, so it really threw me off when I had to run to the sink. Hoping it was just something random and not an ongoing thing. I had just taken my morning pills too, which I saw come up, lol, but now I'm scared to take them again. I think I'll just skip that round today :-)

Did anyone end up making a chart of the group? I believe someone mentioned the idea of creating a chart of all of us in here, what we swayed for and what we're having, if known, so that we can better support each other. A lot of you have info in your signatures which helps, but with so many ladies and not everyone having sigs, it's hard sometimes to keep track!

Rosie85
August 26th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Congrats on the twins mum!! I bet at least one is a girlie! ! Also please send me some twin dust!

daisymoo
August 26th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Oh no crazycatcouple Hope it's just a random thing and you're right as rain tomorrow x

sweetdream
August 26th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I've been reading bout skull theory and I'm confused... Theory says that rounded skull is boy. :( it's very round. my boys had round skull too but a bit flat forehead or oval to the back. This one is like round like a ball (sharp round) like 80% of pictures that i watch that look like what i've seen today are girls. but some aren't.
Guess nothing is sure... wish I kept myself on a cloud...

I wish I had a picture :sad:

txmomof3beautifulboys
August 26th, 2014, 01:58 PM
i thought round skull was girl and blocky heads were boys? Now I'M confused LoL

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultrasound-gender-prediction/6591-skull-shape-theory-early-gender-determination.html

sweetdream
August 26th, 2014, 02:02 PM
That's what I thought too.. and also what I see. (there is a diff between round and ROUND.) as I said I'm sure in some pic's my boys looked very girly A specially the youngest. but this baby is rounder. the others are bit more slowly round. and this is round from the middle of the eye (KWIM?) and the back of the head is also sharper round

Love your avatarpic btw!

castch
August 26th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Hi there. I am very happy that I found you...
Congrats to everyone else who have had great scans and to those who have gotten sweet little boys and girls or even wonderful twins.
For those who didn't get the wished gender I send a big hug but great how you are dealing with it. I had a very difficult time when I found out ds 2 but as you say pratically it is so nice for the boys if they have brothers with the same interests...
I am now at 19th week, feeling good and two weeks ago my doctor confirmed the prendia test result that it will be a girl with a gender scan. My DH and I are still not 100% sure... And I still can't belive that my greatest dream will maybe come true...
Like some of you I don't feel pregnant at all. My belly is still very small and I forget very often or don't think at all that I am pregnant and then get really afraid if everything is ok or if this is bad for my Baby.
Now the Baby is moving but still I can't buy anything or really Start thinking about names. But ladies you have found great names lol....
I am waiting now for week 24 where I can be sure that nothing can Happen anymore and hoping that the I will really get pregnant and can enjoy my last pregnancy...
Sending you all lots of warm thoughts and having Fingers crossed for the upcomming gender screens or team green...

kitkat18
August 26th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Omg mum twins!!!! How fabulous!!! No wonder you have been so quiet...... Super news made my day!! X

lala22
August 26th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Holy crap I'm behind!!! I was moving and for the last week and a half have had zero time to hop online. It looks like so many that have found out genders are getting what they had hoped for?! Abi- I thought you had a confirmed girl but your ticker says boy? Besides the move I had my 20 week US results and everything looked great- can't remember if I have been on since then. Baby is moving a ton and I just hit the 15 lb mark- bleh. I feel big already and my legs ARE SO VEINY!

So on another note ladies one of my friends is preggers too and just had her 12 week scan- sure looks obvious to me but want other's opinions so am posting below. Thoughts?

angielorna
August 26th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Hi Angie!

Haven't been on here in a while so just catching up on everything but I wanted to reply as soon as I read this as I feel exactly the same!!! I have been nauseous and even had a few bouts of vomiting but I just don't "feel" pregnant! Even after the scan today and seeing them (yes, twins!) I still don't feel pregnant and it's all really surreal??!!? I wanted to enjoy my last pregnancy too and it's weird but I'm just so detached??!!? I even went into the scan today expecting to be told there was no baby. 😕

OMG!!!!!!! TWINS?! that is amazing, I am so excited for you!!!! I hope they are both healthy, beautiful and....maybe even...PINK!!!! What a wonderful blessing <3 I'm almost afraid to ask what your husband's reaction was.... how are YOU feeling about twins? wow from 6-8. That's a shocker. I didn't read any responses after I read this, so excuse me if you already answered my how are you feeling question :P

I'm sure once these babys start bobbing around, poking and prodding our insides, the connection will feel more real. AT least that's my hope.

Congratulations :) Are you going to find out the sex(es)?!

Angie

angielorna
August 26th, 2014, 05:44 PM
lala - I think boy.

Sweetdream - I do not believe in any of those theories -- they are just theories. I went on a skull theory rampage last week trying to decipher my ultrasound pic. At the end....no clue!!!!! You will just have to wait until baby is born to find out (assuming you can hold out!).
I thought I could just let the theories be for entertainment only, but I get waaaaaay too obsessive over them. I have to stop reading and googling and researching. holy moly.

I just got back from my prenatal appointment. My dr found the heartbeat very easily and says "oh, I think that's a girl in there". I laughed and asked if that was because the heart rate was over 140 and told her DS1 was 144 and DS2 was high as well. She told me not to ruin her fun (baby's heart rate was 156). The best news I got was my NT results -- I already knew the measurement was good but I got to see, in black and white "nasal bone detected". YAY! What a relief. My baby has a nose :P

I'm gaining weight like a mad woman -- anyone know if it's safe to start using my elliptical in the second trimester? NO exercise since TTC'ing. I wanted to ask the dr, but she left the room to get my ultrasound requisition and never came back, lol. We had the rest of our conversation in the hallway and I didn't want to ask any questions out there.

Angie

sweetdream
August 26th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Lala! Congrats on healthy baby! Obvious boy for your friend! And Welcome back

Angie yeah! For nasale bone!!!
I know I obsess to much. Sigh. 50-50 chance. But it made me hopefull.
Bubba is very Beautiful at least.
Weight gain here too. Bout 4kg at this point. Aiks. But i've been very tired as Well.
You can use eliptical even til you give birth. Just don't over due it. Take it easy don't get heart rate too high and temp too high. Just normal excercise.

Sunflower3
August 26th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Congrats again mum. You must be shocked and thrilled.
Glad to hear there's a nasal bone Angie!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SamS_TTCPink
August 26th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Congrats, mumofsix!! Such exciting news! Did you post scan pics in the ultrasound forum?

Yep! Guess away. 😉

FutureMiniMe
August 26th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Hiya everyone! I hope everyone is feeling well. I have been feeling much less sick lately. I am no longer nauseous for no reason but if I eat too much too fast or eat too much junk or something hard on the stomach I can get sick still. I have been looking forward getting more energy back soon but so far no such luck.

Huge congrats to Mumof6 on twins. I was secretly hoping for twins this time but I would have been so nervous if it ended up happening. I know a lot of big families who were blessed with twins on some of their last pregnancies. My half brother had eight and got twins for the ninth go round! My DH's cousin had two girls, tried for their boy and got triplet girls!

Angie congrats on the nasal bone. I know the feeling of worrying about anomalies on a scan.

DH has been on the fence about finding out gender and being team green and I really thought he was going to cave and let us find out but now he is saying he still doesn't want to know. I booked a special gender ultrasound anyway for September 13th. He can go with or not go. His choice! He said that was okay. But now I am not sure that I want to know now. Yikes!

Marika
August 27th, 2014, 02:49 AM
Mumofsix - congrats again! Welcome to this thread, it's pretty likely the little ones would be born in febryary isnt't it? So excited for you! I can't really give you a good guess about the gender (also think it's early) but my fingers are crossed at least one of them is your little girl!

Angie - yay! Great you got to see the nose! Have you decided whether to stay team green or not? About the exercise - all I've heard is that it's ok as long as you feel ok and don't have any bleedings or complications. I've discussed it a few times with my docs since I was bleeding a bit in all my pregnancies.

Futureminime - glad you are feeling better! you still have some time to decide about the scan. I admire those of you who have the endurance to stay team green!

About the skull theory - I have really tried to understand it but the more I read, the less reliable I think it is. Nub theory seem to actually be quite correct, but nubs can also be soooo tricky.

For myself, I am counting the days until next scan - it's now 2 weeks and 5 days - feels like forever. Had a dream the other night (again) that baby was not well, had several chromosomal defects and wouldn't survive. I get so affected by those nightmares and still after getting good numbers from NT-scan I am terrified that something will be wrong. Probably over stressed because of last pregnancy but I can't really relax. I hear myself saying, " When and IF, this baby is born..." when I talk to friends. Hopefully next scan will give me more peace - that will give more info about the organs and other details.

dreamingofwin
August 27th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Wow I have missed so so much!! Twins mum congrats!!!!!

sorry if I have not caught up with everyone and missed things.

Kitkat, id be interested in the facebook group. I have pm'd you.

Still team green here although still convinced its a boy, which is hard as everyone is thinking girl this time which is making me doubt the willy/balls I saw but I KNOW I saw them. 23 weeks tomoz and baby kicking lots now which is lovely. Still got a million and one things to do inc selling/buying a house!!

Speak soon xx

Georgia_Peach
August 27th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Joining this thread as im due in feb. Massive congrats to all those with know the genders of their bubs! And momofsix-twins is amazing congrats!!
I am anxiously awaiting finding out the gender in nine days. I cannot wait to hear. Honestly though if its a boy... i dont love any names! That will be a huge problem if it is a boy. I will have to crack open baby name book if we hear blue.
On a diff note. We have purchased our dream home last year that was supposed to be ready before baby comes. Which is amazing bc we are currently in a small house awaiting the new one. Got news yesterday that we are being delayed moving until may 2015. I am so upset. I litterly have no where in this house for new baby. And i will have to move now when baby is three months. What a nightmare!
Sorry had to vent!

crazycatcouple
August 27th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Oh Robin, that's awful :-( I am so sorry the timing is not going to work out!! I can completely understand being stressed about having to move with a newborn. I'm sure you will figure it out of course, but that still royally sucks. I know for us, we kept our daughter in our room in a pack-n-play for the first 6 months. They also have really small co-sleepers that just attach to your bed, if space is limited, but at least with that young of a baby, you don't need a nursery. Still, I feel for you!

crazycatcouple
August 27th, 2014, 12:09 PM
And this is so not baby related, but I just need to vent. We moved into our new house in January of this year. Love the extra space and it's a gorgeous, however it was a flip, and they cut a ton of corners we're finding out. We've had to finish the fence, add gutters, insulate the roof (since they decided to have none in the whole back half of the house), add outlets and cable lines throughout the house, tent for termites, replace all the duct work in the AC system, and now just found out we have to replace all the pipes from the house to the street, which is going to be $5800! We'll have spent well over $10k by the time we get it up to working order - and all in less than a year of living here! Ugh, it's just so depressing seeing our credit cards climb back up when we worked so hard at getting out of debt. And with another baby on the way, it's not like expenses are going to go down, lol. Fun stuff! Okay, rant over :-) Thanks for listening!!

lala22
August 27th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Crazycat- I hear ya. We just bought our first house- a flip. It still needs a lot of work and what work has been done wasn't done that well. Home ownership is stressful- I told my husband I would be ok renting forever (and I'm a realtor! lol).

Georgia_Peach
August 28th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Crazycat-please update us as soon as you know. Today is your gender ultrasound right? Soo exciting!

crazycatcouple
August 28th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Yes, the ultrasound is today at 3pm. I could not sleep at all last night! I get like that when I'm anxious, like on Christmas Eve night as a kid, lol :-) Of course now I'm totally exhausted, but at least I have something awesome to look forward to!

txmomof3beautifulboys
August 28th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Good Luck today! Let us know how it goes!

oncue
August 28th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Like like like crazycat!!! X good luck xo

daisymoo
August 28th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Best of luck today Crazycatcouple!

kitkat18
August 28th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Best of lucky crazycat pretty sure you going to hear boy! Xxx

daisymoo
August 28th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Just wondering have any of you guys been asked to do the ice bucket challenge yet? It's doing the rounds in my family at the moment and I know it's only a matter of time before it comes to me! Do ye guys think it's safe to do while pregnant? If not I can just donate anyway without getting freezing I suppose

FutureMiniMe
August 28th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Crazycat - How exciting. Keeping an eye out for an update!

Daisymoo - I just got nominated last night. I emailed my ob and she said it was fine to do as long as I don't mind the cold. I work as a nonprofit fund development person (read:Fundraiser), and I will be participating and donating money to the organization that I work for. I encourage people to pick a smaller charity close to your heart if you donate. ALSA has gotten a lot of money and the popularity of this campaign could end up taking dollars away from us smaller orgs. Just my two cents!

I am going to South Lake Tahoe tonight for the long weekend. I am looking forward to relaxing at my dad's house up there, playing by the lake and doing lots of fun stuff with the family. Can't wait until 5pm.

lala22
August 28th, 2014, 07:07 PM
So jealous of your lake trip future- a birthdayand more moving to do this weekend for us:/

Abifasc
August 28th, 2014, 07:30 PM
I did the ice bucket challenge last night and it was fun! Cold but only for a second :)

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. They surprised me by wanting to do an early glucose test because my last baby was big (9lbs 3oz) and they are worried this one will be too. I'm not at all worried about it. I'm proud of my big baby and kind of hope Micah is big too. They found his heartbeat immediately and everything looks good. I'll probably have another ultrasound in 2-4 weeks, whenever they do the measurement scan.

lala22
August 28th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Abi- I thought you had a confirmed girl?

crazycatcouple
August 28th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Okay, so it's official... we're having a boy!!! When I asked her how sure she was, she said money back guarantee, 100%, so I think we're safe :-) She also did a full anatomy scan while she was at it and everything is in it's rightful place and looking good! Below are our two obvious boy part pics, lol

Georgia_Peach
August 28th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Yah omg congrats crazy cat!! How wonderful. You must be on cloud 9!!

SamS_TTCPink
August 28th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Congrats crazycat!!

Rosie85
August 28th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Super congrats crazycat!!!

kitkat18
August 28th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Wonderful news crazycat X

crazycatcouple
August 28th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks ladies :-) I love having this forum of such incredible support. You all understand how badly it was wanted and worked for. I can't really express that to most people in life and just have to downplay it all. It's nice to be able to jump with joy over here :-) And I also appreciate that you all would have had just the right words if it had gone the other way too. Thanks for being such an awesome and supportive bunch of gals!

hotdogz&boyz
August 28th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Another congrats Crazy cat! It really is such an amazing feeling, knowing who is in there, isn't it?! I bet you are thrilled. :)

And yes, I did the ice bucket challenge. Several times, actually (I did it each time I was challenged, we already donate a good deal to the cause). We lost our very close family friend to ALS in June and it was agonizing and heartbreaking. And I am SO glad that the ice bucket challenge has really brought awareness to what ALS is. Most people didn't even know that it was the same disease as Lou Gehrigs. Or that most who are diagnosed die within two to five years of diagnosis. Our friend died almost exactly three years after his diagnosis and left behind a wife who was not yet 40, three kids...two of whom are in lower elementary school. So, yeah, I am loving the ice bucket challenge. I do encourage donations to other charitable causes as well though...I think it's all good to share the wealth (DH works for a nonprofit financial management foundation). Just keep talking about ALS for at least a little while. This is the first big break ALS has gotten. I know it would make my friend so happy!

LoveMyKids
August 29th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Hi everyone! Haven't been here for a long time and missed a lot of fab news! So happy for everybody who got the desired gender, and can totally relate to those who did not since I am in the same boat :(. At 14 weeks ultrasound I found out that I was expecting boy #3 (later it was confirmed by Harmony test and 20 weeks anatomy scan). I was devastated, couldn't stop crying and feeling guilty at the same time... For some reason I had been almost sure that I would hear "girl" (even though I didn't sway but it turned out to be a kind of unintentional sway, so my hopes were pretty high). Now I am almost 25 weeks and very excited about my little guy and can't wait to meet him. I am sure I will love him as mush as I love my other two sons, I can't imagine my life without them! But somewhere deep inside I am still longing and hoping for a daughter... When I got pregnant the third time, we were sure that this would be our last child, no matter what the gender would be. Now I am not so sure about it, and DH is being very supportive. I am not ready to give up my dream! What bugs me a lot is that I even didn't have a chance to sway, and if I don't try I might regret about it for the rest of my life. With DS#1 I didn't think about swaying - I just wanted to have a baby. DS#2 and DS#3 were oops pregnancies - with both of them I was going to start swaying in a few months but those guys somehow just got ahead of us :-). So if there is a next time, I would love to do everything I can to help my little girl to make it through... BUT the main factor here is my age - I just turned 39, and if we decide to TTC again it will be only when DS #3 is about 2 y.o (DS#2 and DS#3 will be only 20 months apart, so I physically will not be able to afford another baby that close in age), which means I will be at least 42 by the time baby #4 is born. Am I too old to think about it?

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share with somebody who would understand what I feel. Nobody around me (except for DH but even with him we haven't discussed it lately) knows about my feelings, and everybody is pretty sure that I am done with the babies, not even asking about planning the fourth one... Which makes me wonder: may be I am really crazy for wanting and thinking about the fourth child for us? :confused:

castch
August 29th, 2014, 04:40 AM
Dear Lovemykids

I can understand 100% your feelings. I am 39 as well and I thought that for me number three is the last one due to Age.

Please don't feel guilty for your feelings. It is so understanable that you were hoping for a girl and that your felt disappointed when you found out having another boy. As you said it took you some time to accept it but you will love him as much you love your other sons for sure the Moment you will take him into your arms.

With ds 2 after 7 month of thinking pink my doctor corrected his oppinion and I found out that we are having another boy. I was crying for weeks and felt so guilty. But it is important to accept These feelings and now I love him more than anything Else and don't want to give him back ;-). It will be the same for your third son.

With Baby number three we are having a girl but I only belive it when I will have her in my arms. I always said that this will be our last one but for sure I would change my mind if we would have another son (in the beginning I only wanted two children ;-)). I have so many friends getting their babies in their fourties (even the First one) so please don't be concearned about your Age. If you are still thinking that your family is not complet after getting your lovely ds #3 then just try it.
My thoughts are with you...

blueeyedguys
August 29th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Lovemykids, I'll be 41 when I sway & while I frequently have moments of thinking I'm insane & waaay too old to be doing this, most of the time I don't think I am. I just found out high school friend with a grown daughter is expecting a girl (she has a 2yr old boy too) so now I feel even less crazy.

angielorna
August 29th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Congrats crazycat!!! How exciting :D
Angie

Abifasc
August 29th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Lala, no I had a girly nub pic at 13 weeks, but he is all boy at 15 weeks :)

Congrats Crazycat!

Sunflower3
August 29th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Hi everyone! Had my scan the other day. I was 11 weeks 6 days but measured 12 weeks 1 day. Any gender guesses?
Congrats to all those who found out gender.
Lovemykids - three boys is a very special combination. My three are best friends abc my ds3 and I have a very close and special bond.

crazycatcouple
August 29th, 2014, 11:14 AM
LoveMyKids, I can see where you might think you're being crazy, but I absolutely do not think so! Yes, you will be a little older, but it's not a make or break it thing. So many people are having babies at a later age these days! 2 of my aunts had their first at 40 and then one had twins at 45! There are risks, but your doctors will keep a very close eye on you, and the medical field has come so far these days!! I say go for it if that's what your heart wants and DH is on board :-)

Sunflower, congrats on the scan! I'm not very good at nub guesses, and I"m honestly not even sure if what I'm thinking is the nub is, but if I had to guess, I would say girl :-)

lala22
August 29th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Abi- are you feeling ok everything? You seem to be doing well! I'm super happy for you and glad you have a healthy little one in there!

Sunflower3
August 29th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Abi three boys are a ton of fun. Brother bonds are incredible!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LilithWiser1979
August 29th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Congrats, congrats, congrats to catsch, Crazycat and Mumof6! OMG, twins! I looked at your nubs, but I never give a guess before the 12 week mark. That's when I was told DS1 was "96% girl," and that was 11w6d! They look healthy, though, and I'm crossing my fingers for double pink for you.

Ditto to Sunflower. Going by measurement, instead of age, is a mistake a lot of women have made, and I prefer to guess at 13 weeks anyway. Best of luck, though!

My SIL was team green and had a baby boy yesterday morning. SO happy for her, since a boy was what she wanted, and she was convinced it was a girl. Her lifestyle and diet were really boy-friendly, so I based my guess on that.

Abifasc
August 29th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Yes, I'm doing really good. I'm very excited about Micah and thankfully do not feel any gender disappointment. I'd love to have a daughter someday but I feel lucky to have three healthy boys.

Am I the only one who did not get their dream GD so far?

sweetdream
August 29th, 2014, 02:13 PM
No your not! I tought i've read about 4 in this thread
From the ones that know

lala22
August 29th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I can't keep up on who is getting what! Lol. But as long as everybody as healthy littles in there that's what matters.

Yahmama
August 29th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Congrats, crazycat! Such awesome news- enjoy buying blue!
Sunflower- sorry I don't see any gender clues, but such a cute little baby- congrats!

sweetdream
August 29th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Well then I start a list LOL!

December

Januari

Februari
-16th sweetdream 4th bubba :pray: :DD: team green

LoveMyKids
August 29th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Thank you ladies for your support and kind words!

Castch - congratulations on your baby girl, I can only imagine what you feel! Did you sway?

Blueeyedguys - good luck to you in your future sway! I am sure you will get your long waited for daughter this time!

Crazycat - congratulations! It is great when dreams come true!

Mumofsix - huge congrats on your twins, it's fantastic news! You are my hero Mom!!! Wishing your H&H pregnancy and gorgeous :XX: or :XX::XX: for your wonderful family!

LoveMyKids
August 29th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Yes, I'm doing really good. I'm very excited about Micah and thankfully do not feel any gender disappointment. I'd love to have a daughter someday but I feel lucky to have three healthy boys.

Am I the only one who did not get their dream GD so far?

Abi, I did not. I am also having boy#3 :-) It hit me pretty hard when I found out but now (at almost 25 weeks) I am very excited and pray for the baby to be healthy, it is all I want. I can't say that I have gender disappointment but still hurts a little when I see both gender families... On the other hand, I am so thankful for my boys and keep reminding myself that there are so many women who would give up anything to have what I have.

Abifasc
August 29th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Abi, I did not. I am also having boy#3 :-) It hit me pretty hard when I found out but now (at almost 25 weeks) I am very excited and pray for the baby to be healthy, it is all I want. I can't say that I have gender disappointment but still hurts a little when I see both gender families... On the other hand, I am so thankful for my boys and keep reminding myself that there are so many women who would give up anything to have what I have.

That last point encourages me too. Of course I want a girl but I'm not really sad about having a boy...I just hope I don't have to wait until daughters in law to have that mother/daughter bond.

oncue
August 29th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I just love everyone's positivity on this thread. It's so great!

Thanks for starting the list sweetdream! I'll add myself to it

December

Januari
- Oncue due Jan 23rd swayed blue and confirmed boy 💙

Februari

lala22
August 29th, 2014, 11:39 PM
We need a list we can save somewhere! PS- curious how everyone bookmarks this thread?? I can't seem to find an efficient way to do it.

oncue
August 30th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Hey Lala I use tapatalk on my phone and there's a tab called 'subscribed' it's all the threads u write on or subscribe to. I usually just look up my subscribed list to see if there's anything new xo

sweetdream
August 30th, 2014, 02:10 AM
i'll be short we go out today.

Abi I always wanted 3 children. But when I was pg with ds3 my DH opend the door for a 4th if it was a boy. And it was. And Actualy my Fam is amazing the boys are special. It took us 3 yrs to TTC again because we got doubts. Its not always easy. But I wouldn't want it any other way.
I hope for that girl this time around too. But it scares me at the same time.
I'm really looking forward to this baby!
All the boys would be in school this time. It really feels like a pressent. One last baby. Boy or girl. It doesn't matter.

daisymoo
August 30th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Huge congrats crazycatcouple! What great news to have it confirmed! And Sunflower what a sweet little baby Congrats!
And well done to all the ladies who did the ice bucket challenge Big well done!
Blueeyedguys you are so not too old to sway A lot of women are having babies in their forties nowadays I'm 39 and my doc said I'm still young having my fourth (thanks doc!) and my friend is expecting her second kid and she is 43 I think once you are healthy that is the main thing Best of luck to you x

castch
August 30th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Lovemykids, you asked me if I swayed...

Yes, but not very consequent. I tried to do the LE diet but could only reduced meat and some healthy stuff I normally was eating. Then I took some supplements and drank a lot of pepermint tea. I tried once the vinegar douche and twice replesh but timing was too close but I was afraid of not getting pregnant at all. I hoped that DH being now much older has now anyway less sperms ;-)...

Generally it would be interesting to know if the one who got their dream gender really are convinced that their sway worked, how consequent they were or if there is still a big part of luck and destiny? We all spent probably a lot of time on this forum and for those who maybe want to sway again it would be really interesting...

Abifasc
August 30th, 2014, 07:07 PM
My opinion on the swaying is from my Christian worldview. I believe everything God does can be explained scientifically (and science proves God's existence) and that includes gender. It makes sense to me that environment and diet, etc. would all play a part in that. Of course, God has the final say, which explains (to me) unexplained infertility or other issues doctors don't have an answer for. I also believe God puts children in families for a specific reason, through whatever means necessary including biologically, adoptive, foster, etc. the Bible says He knows the desires of our hearts and for all of us that includes mothering a child of a certain gender, but I have to trust Him with my family dynamic and the children He entrusts to me.

I know my view is not shared by everyone, but I wanted to give it anyways.

txmomof3beautifulboys
August 30th, 2014, 07:10 PM
well put, Abi!

sweetdream
August 31st, 2014, 04:04 AM
If I get my girl I believe its cause of the sway. If its a boy then I still think swaying works but he'd be the 25%chance of it not being a girl.
I believe before i'd had a 25%chance at a girl. And now 75.

kitkat18
August 31st, 2014, 04:37 AM
I don't know gender yet as I am only 8 weeks but I do believe in swaying. All of the theories do make logical sense to me. I remember reading atomics essays back on in gender before gender dreaming existed
and thinking this makes way more sense than the seven rules of ingender swaying! After my terrible GD that I had with DS 2 I decided I would like to give it a go, knowing its not a magic bullet and then at least I could say I gave it my best shot if I end up in the 30-35% that don't get their DG. Plus the BEST thing about swaying and this journey, its been an emotional rollercoaster so far is meeting soooo many people who get GD and are so supportive about whatever the outcome is!! Xx

crazycatcouple
August 31st, 2014, 03:22 PM
I too fully believe in swaying, although I also know there are only two outcomes, and there are lots of couples who end up with both genders without trying, so it's tough to know if what we did worked or if it would have turned out that way anyway, but I figure it can't hurt to try and increase my chances one way or the other :-) The theories definitely make sense to me, and there has to be some scientific reasoning behind what sex we have, right?

I added mine to the list below as well :-)

December

Januari
- Oncue due Jan 23rd swayed blue and confirmed boy 

Februari

-25th crazycatcouple 2nd kiddo, swayed blue, having a boy!

daisymoo
August 31st, 2014, 04:47 PM
Hey girls Me and technology are not friends!! How do I add to the list?

sweetdream
August 31st, 2014, 04:48 PM
Just copie and paste

Abifasc
August 31st, 2014, 05:25 PM
Here's mine on the list :)

December

Januari
- Oncue due Jan 23rd swayed blue and confirmed boy 

Februari

-8th abifasc swayed pink having a confirmed boy (3rd baby)
-16th sweetdream 4th bubba team green

lala22
August 31st, 2014, 06:16 PM
Ok I'll add onto it:

December:
-20th, lala, surprise pregnancy, wanted blue and got blue!

January:
-23rd Oncue due Jan 23rd swayed blue and confirmed boy

February:

Georgia_Peach
August 31st, 2014, 08:44 PM
Lol sorry i dont know how to add either.
Swayed girl. Due feb 28th -finding out gender this fri!

angielorna
August 31st, 2014, 10:37 PM
December:

January:

February:
- 22nd angielorna swayed pink - team green (maybe)
- 28th Robin2014 - swayed girl - finding out soon!!!

There -- added myself and Robin :)
Angie

lala22
September 1st, 2014, 12:05 AM
Things are becoming clearer. Lol

LoveMyKids
September 1st, 2014, 01:33 AM
December:
- 12th, LoveMyKids, surprise pregnancy, 3rd boy!

January:

February:

daisymoo
September 1st, 2014, 06:21 AM
December:

January:
-15th Daisymoo 4th baby Swayed pink and confirmed a girl!

February:

daisymoo
September 1st, 2014, 06:25 AM
For some reason my list ended up being a quote Told ye I'm useless! So don't use this list to add to obviously! Sorry!

sweetdream
September 1st, 2014, 06:42 AM
December:

January:
-15th Daisymoo 4th baby Swayed pink and confirmed a girl!

February:
-16th sweetdream 4th bubba pray pink - team green

daisymoo
September 1st, 2014, 08:35 AM
Thank you Sweetdream for fixing the list!

sweetdream
September 1st, 2014, 11:06 AM
No problemos! ��

flowerlily
September 1st, 2014, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone! :) Sorry been MIA for a while now, got so busy between being on holidays, then DS1 starting big boy school (I can't believe how much he's grown already, it seems like it was yesterday when I first held him in my arms) and hubby being away from home for business.
Anyways, how's everyone else doing? Wow, I've missed so much since I last was here. You guys have even created a new thread, yaay!
Congratulations to everyone who's found out that they are having a little pink or blue bundles!! :)
And here comes the drum rollll....and....we're having our 3rd blue bundle!!!;)
It was really what I was expecting as I knew I haven't done enough during my sway when we were told on the 22nd of Aug that it was indeed a little boy, and from what I saw during the scan when I was 15 weeks. We can't wait for this little guy to arrive and welcome him to the world and we're already debating on a name! Hmm.:cool:
And then I can move on planning my next sway for 2016!!! Can't believe I'm already thinking about it and baba isn't even born yet!:eek:

On the other hand, do you guys mind if I copy and paste our old list of due date buddies?
And can someone please whose more active than me edit, copy and paste it whenever needed? Thanks.
Xx

flowerlily
September 1st, 2014, 11:32 AM
I thought I'd make us a list of due date buddies...the more the merrier:D

♡>>>>>>>Due in December>>>>>>>♡

1~Username: b'smommy
Due date 07/12/14
Swayed :XX:
Is having :xy:
Link to sway:

2~Username: momto4boyz
Due date: 19/12/14
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41438

3~Username: Prayingpink
Due date: 07/12/14
Is having :XX:
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40975

4~Username: LilithWiser1979
Due date:13/12/14
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41299

5~Username: flowerlily
Due date: 21/12/14
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41570

6~Username: Willowsgirl
Due date: 24/12/14
Is having?
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41910

7~Username: dreamingofwin
Due date: 30/12/14
Is having?
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41692

8~Username: LoveMyKids
Due date: 12/12/14
Hoping :XX:
Is having?
Link to sway:

9~Username: JG60611
Due date: 17/12/14
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41947

10~Username: Longing.for.a.daughter
Due date: 22/12/14
Link to sway:

11~Username: TreassuresMama
Due date: 31/12/14
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42126

12~Username: Houseofblue
Due date: 13/12/14
Is having?
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41380

13~Username: caz34
Due date: 10/12/14
Swayed ?
Is having?
Link to sway:

14~Username: BunnyGirl19
Link to sway:

15~Username: lala22
Due date: 20/12/14
Swayed :xy:
Link to sway:

16~Username: Lolo
Due date: 25/11/14
Link to sway:

♡>>>>>>>Due in January>>>>>>>♡

1~Username: Yahmama
Due date: 07/01/15
Hoping :xy:
Link to sway:

2~Username: lpirie03
Due date: 04/01/15
Successful IVF :xy:

3~Username: SeaMaiden86
Due date: 01/01/15
Is having?
Link to sway:

4~Username: coliny
Is having :twins:

5~Username: belledandy
Due date: 09/01/15
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42085

6~Username: daisymoo
Due date: 19/01/15
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42306

7~Username: Fiorefleur
Due date: 25/01/15
Is having?
Link to sway:

8~Username: catsch
Link to sway:

9~Username: babyb5
Due date: 29/01/15
Is having?
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42657

9~Username: oncue
Due date: 26/01/15
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43793

♡>>>>>>>Due in February>>>>>>>♡

1~Username: Abifasc
Due date: 08/02/15
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42628

2~Username: Marika
Due date: 12/02/15
Is having?
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42777

3~Username: angielorna
Due date: 20/02/15
Is having?
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42906

4~Username: sweetdream
Due date 19/02/15
Is having?
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42940

5~Username: FutureMiniMe
Due date: ?
Is having?
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43122

6~Username: crazycatcouple
Due date: 02/03/15
Is having?
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43347

7~Username: Robin2014
Due date: 28/02/15
Swayed: :XX:
Is having?
Link to sway: http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43273

Hopefully more will join us.:)

sweetdream
September 1st, 2014, 11:39 AM
Double post

sweetdream
September 1st, 2014, 11:41 AM
♡>>>>>>>Due in December>>>>>>>♡

Due date 07/12/14
Link to sway:

Link to sway: momto4boyz TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41438)

Link to sway: Prayingpink TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40975)

Link to sway: LilithWiser1979 TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41299)

Link to sway: flowerlily TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41570)

Is having?
Link to sway: WillowsGirl TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41910)

Is having?
Link to sway: dreamingofwin TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41692)

Is having?
Link to sway:

Link to sway: JG60611 TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41947)

Link to sway:

Link to sway: TreasuresMama TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42126)

Is having?
Link to sway: Houseofblue TTC Girl Sway (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41380)

Swayed ?
Is having?
Link to sway:

Link to sway:

Link to sway:

Link to sway:

Link to sway:

Is having?
Link to sway:

Link to sway: belledandy TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42085)

Link to sway: daisymoo TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt- It's a Girl (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42306)

Is having?
Link to sway:

Link to sway:

Link to sway: babyb5 TTC a BOY Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42657)

Link to sway: oncue TTC a BOY Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43793)

Link to sway: Abifasc girl sway- updated! (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42628)

Is having?
Link to sway: Marika TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42777)

Is having?
Link to sway: angielorna TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42906)

Due date 19/02/15
Is having?
Link to sway: sweetdream TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42940)

Is having?
Link to sway: FutureMiniMe TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43122)

Link to sway: crazycatcouple TTC a BOY Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43347)

Is having?
Link to sway: Robin2014 TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43273)

sweetdream
September 1st, 2014, 12:03 PM
I really love the list! I found a couple of outcomes so I added them!
I hope others come and chat too. or at least show there baby's.
I hope everyone feels welcome to come back even if they didn't get there DG.
I think this is the place to be cause we really all know how you guys are feeling! If any needs some support we are here for you!
I'm curious bout your beautiful baby's!!

Abifasc
September 1st, 2014, 01:55 PM
So awesome to see everyone together! I can't wait to see all the babies either. 23 ish weeks left for me!

oncue
September 1st, 2014, 03:28 PM
Great detailed list! It looks so good, thanks flowerlily and sweetdream xo

castch
September 1st, 2014, 05:20 PM
Great! Thx for the List :LotsofLove:.....

SamS_TTCPink
September 1st, 2014, 09:38 PM
Congrats on the news of your third little man flowerlily. Sounds like you're excited for his arrival and I love that you're already planning your next sway! Lol!! 😉

kitkat18
September 2nd, 2014, 02:04 AM
Congrats flowerlilly! I thought your sway was amazing your third little man must be meant to be :) awesome you don't have to give up your dream of DD too!!
Great list so helpful for newbiesXx

Abifasc
September 2nd, 2014, 07:42 AM
Oh yes congrats flowerlily! How exciting. I'm looking forward to having this little band of brothers too :)

Yahmama
September 2nd, 2014, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the list!
And congrats, Flowerlily!

angielorna
September 2nd, 2014, 09:08 AM
awesome list!

I'm still up in the air about finding out. I asked DH this weekend, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being "I'd already know the gender" and 10 being "I'll wait until the delivery room to find out", where he was. As expected, he's a 1. He claims it's so he can be prepared for ME.
He (yes, again) reiterated, there will be NO fourth child EVER. And no ADOPTION either!!!!! I was not aware of that. In any case, I convinced him that there IS a scenario that involved a fourth child....if we win the lottery! Time to start playing :P

On an another topic....I just put my 3 year old on the school bus for his first day of school (he'll be 4 next month). At least he has his big brother with him. I'm sad.

Angie

Georgia_Peach
September 2nd, 2014, 10:48 AM
I just sent both kids off to school. At first i was excited bc its been a hard summer being so sick with this pregnancy. .. but now im kinda sad and miss the boys already! Ohh the emotions!

odd
September 2nd, 2014, 10:53 AM
Omg ladies..I hear you on the bittersweet feelings od sending kiddos off to school. I'd been waiting for this day for so long bit bawled my eyes out once I dropped him off

Marika
September 2nd, 2014, 10:56 AM
What a great list, thanks!

And congrats to your little man Flowerlily!

crazycatcouple
September 2nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
Awesome list! 32 of us, and so many coming up soon!! Well, December anyway, which seems really soon to me :-)

lala22
September 2nd, 2014, 06:42 PM
Ahhhh crazycat- is IS soon. Too soon and yet not soon enough- lol.

lala22
September 2nd, 2014, 07:33 PM
My midwife handed me my 3rd trimester packet today- holy crap! 3rd trimester already? I feel like I was peeing on a stick! lol

crazycatcouple
September 2nd, 2014, 07:45 PM
Wow, that is crazy!! 3rd trimester is when it gets REAL :-) How's your bump looking? I loved the end of my pregnancy when I was obviously pregnant as random people were so nice to me, lol.

lala22
September 2nd, 2014, 08:56 PM
I can still hide it with certain clothes which cracks me up but if I wear anything form fitting it's very obvious especially since my belly button has been out for the last month at least! I measured right on track today so though everyone tells me I'm tiny and I feel huge my bump is perfect:-) I'll have to post a pic later- we should do baby bump pics!

crazycatcouple
September 2nd, 2014, 09:24 PM
Ahhh... I still haven't taken a single bump pic! Mommy fail :-( With DD, I had a bump pic for every single week (starting at week 4!) in the exact same super tight shirt, lol, so you could really see the progress. Then I printed out the pics and taped them into my bump book and wrote something each week. So far for this pregnancy, I've done nothing. Sorry second kiddo!

But yes, I do love seeing bump pics, so we should share for sure! Plus, it will motivate me to actually take one.

It sounds like you may grow your bump like me :-) I have a long torso, so even though baby always measured right on in terms of size each week, it took me well into my third trimester to look obviously pregnant. Then she ended up coming almost 3 weeks early, so I really only had a few weeks of people being nice to me. I sort of felt gypped, lol. Oh, and she was 7lbs7oz almost 3 weeks early, so even though my bump wasn't that big, she was definitely a healthy size!!

Yahmama
September 2nd, 2014, 10:21 PM
No bump pics here yet either :/ I always measure 2 weeks ahead because I have a large sized fibroid that's continued to grow larger ever since my 2nd baby. I wish I could get it removed but I've never had c-sections which is when they try to take them out otherwise they have to basically do the same surgery to take it out and I don't want to go through that kind of recovery if I don't have to. Hoping they can find a way to do laproscopic in the future.
All that was to say I always feel embarrassed how large I look while preggo and people always assume I'm father along. Glad I'm finally in the 20s because when I was still only on the teens for weeks I wish I could lie and tell them I'm further along!

lala22
September 2nd, 2014, 11:02 PM
crazycat- 3 weeks early and still 7 1/2 lbs! She was ready! I did almost daily pics with my first- hubby was determined- put together a super cute video at the end. This time we tried for daily then went weekly and it's now been nearly 4 weeks since the last pic- LOL.

sweetdream
September 3rd, 2014, 01:17 AM
Havent taken pics yet either.

I really need to get up now! My bed feels so comfy.

oncue
September 3rd, 2014, 05:42 AM
I shld probably take a pic at some point. We did weekly shots for dd1 and monthly for dd2 and now nothing haha! There's just no time and I'm not enjoying getting bigger!!
Sweetdream don't get out of bed unless u have to! Hahaha I wish I Cld just lay down for a nap right now

Marika
September 3rd, 2014, 01:52 PM
I haven't taken any pics yet either. With first son we took them weekly, second son a few from maybe week 15 or something... this time I haven't even thought about it!

I have been quite worried last few weeks. I think I felt baby moving a few weeks ago but haven't felt anything this last week, and last night I had such a terrible dream (again) about loosing the baby. I know they are not recommended but I just freaked out and bought a doptone today. I just needed confirmation of baby being alive. It was pretty hard to find the heartbeat, but after what seemed like ages (even DH got a bit nervous!) it was there! So great to hear it!

angielorna
September 3rd, 2014, 03:30 PM
I have a Doppler, and I love it for reassurance. It's weird, I've been fairly laid back this pregnancy, instead of the nervous wreck I usually am. But it's great on those occasions where I feel a little concerned. The heartbeat usually takes me a bit to find, but I've been finding it since about 9-10 weeks in (I think). It still takes about 5-10 minutes to find it. I remember once with DS1 it took me 30 minutes, I was having a mini panic attack!!!!

I'm glad you got to hear the heartbeat and feel reassured.

I'm going for the second part of the NT scan tomorrow (the blood work). I'm a little anxious to get the results. Unfortunately, it'll be next week before I know. I have some great coupons for Sears and I'm tempted to buy some unisex stuff (onsies and sleepers). Haven't decided yet.

Angie

Marika
September 4th, 2014, 02:59 AM
Angie - Wow, I understand you were stressed after trying to find it for 30 minutes! But was tgat very early? I expected to find mine pretty quickly since I am at 17weeks +. I think I started way too high up, I found it super low (and on the side) and if knowing where to start it would probably would have saved me about 5 minutes and some stress :-)

Keeping my fingers crossed for your blood works! If the NT-scan was good I think you can feel quite relaxed, as I've understood the scan gives the most important mark. GL!

angielorna
September 4th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Not that early - probably in my 20s week wise. But his placenta was anterior.... Between him and my outter belly. So I think that made it harder.... And I rarely felt him move.
And I think the heartbeat is always lower than you think it is :P
Thanks.... Got my blood work done and will get the results next week.... I'm not too worried about it (I think).

Angie

crazycatcouple
September 4th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I am always shocked at how low the heartbeat is! It makes me feel like a fake with this bump of mine, lol. But I figure, even if the bump isn't all baby, the baby is below it pushing all my insides up into the bump!

Marika
September 4th, 2014, 01:47 PM
crazycat - EXACTLY what i was thinking - where does this bump come from if baby lies down there! Lol! :-)

Abifasc
September 4th, 2014, 08:54 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/jie0oz.jpg

Bump pic :) I just for out of the shower, but I'm not going to dress up just for this. Haha!

angielorna
September 4th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Yay, belly! You look great :)

And I think the heartbeat is just easier to hear down lower or something. The heartbeat seems to echo...at least in my experience. And even when I get it....it's never for very long because (I think) the baby swims away (or does a somersault or something) and then the heartbeat can be heard somewhere else. Who knows what REALLY goes on in there, lol.

Angie

crazycatcouple
September 4th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Cute bump Abi! I will get inspired and do one soon :-)

lala22
September 4th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Ok here's mine-

lala22
September 4th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Any ladies ever heard of placenta encapsulation or has done it? I am UBER Excited to have learned about it and am doing it this time around.

Abifasc
September 5th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Thanks! Cute bump lala!

I have heard about placenta encapsulation but have not done it.

Georgia_Peach
September 5th, 2014, 10:56 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/05/42123a777857a156b52ff023013f3874.jpg

Ok guys i had my gender ultrasound. Its a GIRL!! I AM IN SHOCK. so happy . !!

lala22
September 5th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Yay Robin! That's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetdream
September 5th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Congratulations!!!!!

sweetdream
September 5th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Due date 07/12/14
Link to sway:

Link to sway: momto4boyz TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41438)

Link to sway: Prayingpink TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40975)

Link to sway: LilithWiser1979 TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41299)

Link to sway: flowerlily TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41570)

Is having?
Link to sway: WillowsGirl TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41910)

Is having?
Link to sway: dreamingofwin TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41692)

Is having?
Link to sway:

Link to sway: JG60611 TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41947)

Link to sway:

Link to sway: TreasuresMama TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42126)

Is having?
Link to sway: Houseofblue TTC Girl Sway (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41380)

Swayed ?
Is having?
Link to sway:

Link to sway:

Link to sway:

Link to sway:

Link to sway:

Is having?
Link to sway:

Link to sway: belledandy TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42085)

Link to sway: daisymoo TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt- It's a Girl (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42306)

Is having?
Link to sway:

Link to sway:

Link to sway: babyb5 TTC a BOY Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42657)

Link to sway: oncue TTC a BOY Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43793)

Link to sway: Abifasc girl sway- updated! (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42628)

Is having?
Link to sway: Marika TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42777)

Is having?
Link to sway: angielorna TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42906)

Due date 19/02/15
Is having?
Link to sway: sweetdream TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42940)

Is having?
Link to sway: FutureMiniMe TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43122)

Link to sway: crazycatcouple TTC a BOY Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43347)

Is having: :XX:
Link to sway: Robin2014 TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt (http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43273)

crazycatcouple
September 5th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Yay Robin!!!! It worked :-) I am so so so happy for you! Congrats on your little girl!!

crazycatcouple
September 5th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Robin, ramdom other questions... how did you update your sway post with the fact that you had a girl? I couldn't figure it out, lol. Thanks!!

Marika
September 5th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Wow Robin - huge congrats!! :flowerz:

Abifasc
September 5th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Yay Robin!!! Congrats!

Mamato3?
September 5th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Congrats!! Pink shopping!!!

babyb5
September 5th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Congratulations Robin! So happy for you.

Georgia_Peach
September 5th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Crazy cat. - i just went into my sway and hit edit and took out weird code under "gender-unknown" and put "girl". :)

kitkat18
September 5th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Yah!!!! Robin fantastic news honey xxxx

angielorna
September 5th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Congrats Robin! How exciting :) I can't believe you are due after me and know what you're having.
Angie

kitkat18
September 5th, 2014, 09:08 PM
When is your next scan Angie??? Xx

Marika
September 6th, 2014, 12:14 AM
It's so excting when so many get to know their babies genders already!

I wish we had private scan places here in my city, I would have been there already if I only could. This waiting is just tooo loooong! Since the scans here are booked only in medical purpose, we have to be at least 18+2 i think. Private places are at least 3 hours away and they are hesitant to do gender scans before 18 weeks anyway. Nine more days for me to wait, it's gonna feel like nine years!

Do you tell people you are going to find out the gender and when?

People have started asking me what day we are going and really want me to text them or call them to let them know immediately. I am trying not to answer them in detail, more like "in about 2 weeks" or "10 days" when it's actually a little less. I feel stressed over having to meet other peoples reactions - especially if it's a little boy since it seems to actually be so important to them (at least the ones that ask). Many aren't even that close and I have not said a word about my own preference.

A (male) colleague that is having his third child after two sons had their scan the other day and he couldn't even get in the door before everyone asked what it was. It was a boy and some comments were actually upsetting (at least for me!). "Oh, no, another one!? For real!? Oh, well... besides that, did it look healthy?".

Poor man, I think I was the only one actually saying congrats and adding something positive about being three brothers. And the thing is he didn't even seem to have any preference and didn't seem disappointed at all.

I am dreading to be the one coming in the door after the scan and having those questions. It's gonna be a big thing for me regardless it's a boy or girl and I am not sure I wanna have to share the feelings with others (except you guys here!) that soon.

Mamato3?
September 6th, 2014, 02:58 AM
Hi Marika!

Hope you get your pink bunndle!
I would suggest you told the people around you that you will wait to find out with birth.
You could share the news with the people you feel comfortable with and decide who you don't want to know.
But anyway try to think positive and imagine yourself telling people you have a little girl.
I know it's hard, but I strongly believe if we imagine positive things, we fill up with positive energy!

kitkat18
September 6th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Oh marika I soooo hear you!! I am crossing my fingers and toes its your little girl I think mamato3 has great advice only tell those you want to tell, and being ambiguous about scan date is likewise a good one,means you can take some time to process and tell people when you are ready whatever the outcome. But I think you've got your girl on board hugshugsXX

Georgia_Peach
September 6th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Angie. Soon you will know!! I know i am extremely impatient and am in Canada and they do not do gender scans until 19 weeks. . So we drove to the states to get it done earlier. I was kinda expecting the tech to say she isnt 100% bc i am only 15 weeks but that wasn't the case. Anterior placenta and i kept super hydrated.. and baby showing herself helped!

daisymoo
September 6th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Yay Robin! Huge congrats! I know exactly how you are feeling!!! Brilliant news!

daisymoo
September 6th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Marika when I was expecting my third ds I didn't tell anyone except family members that I was going to find out gender therefore I wouldn't have people keep asking me did I find out yet I found it easier just to tell people in my own time when I met them if I felt like telling them You could always tell people you're not going to find out and it will keep them off your back for a while I do feel it's pink for you this time so something tells me that you might be telling everyone anyway!! Fingers crossed for your little pinkie!!

oncue
September 6th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Congrats robin! Thats such wonderful news! You must be over the moon xx

Marika
September 6th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Mamato3: Thanks! Yes, only telling a few that we are even gonna find out is probably a good idea. Have to get a better poker face first, though :-)

I'll try to stay positive, but am also a bit afraid of getting any hopes that will make it harder to hear boy, iykwim.

kitkat - Thanks! How are you doing? How far are you now? I have to come over to march thread and catch up with you ladies! (I think I tried to find it someday but got confused of where it was or if there were several? Lol)

daisymoo - Oh, thank you! I hope your feeling is right! I wish I wouldn't have been so honest when people asked. I'll start saying that we maybe have changed our mind, or that we don't know if to stay team green or not. Then I can just wait and see how it feels.

hotdogz&boyz
September 6th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Marika: When I had my scan, I actually told people were were going later than we actually did and it really was nice to not have people asking afterward. So, if you are supposed to get your scan on, say Thursday, tell people that the ultrasound tech is not available that day and they rescheduled your scan for, say Monday. That way, you have a few days to handle whichever news you get and steel yourself for telling folks if its not the girl you desire. And then, even if you are sad for a couple days before telling people, they will think it was because you couldn't find out when you planned and not because you weren't happy with the results. Ya know?

(And we actually did get what we wanted, but I still waited much longer to tell people because it was a cool secret to have between just hubby and I).

Ill say, hubby and I have discussed actually "going team green" this time, but finding out ourselves. I had a friend who did this and it seems like a neat idea. I want the surprise for others. But not sure I can handle team green for myself. We aren't totally set one way or the other (I still kinda want to do green ourselves too!).

kitkat18
September 6th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Mamato3: Thanks! Yes, only telling a few that we are even gonna find out is probably a good idea. Have to get a better poker face first, though :-)

I'll try to stay positive, but am also a bit afraid of getting any hopes that will make it harder to hear boy, iykwim.

kitkat - Thanks! How are you doing? How far are you now? I have to come over to march thread and catch up with you ladies! (I think I tried to find it someday but got confused of where it was or if there were several? Lol)

daisymoo - Oh, thank you! I hope your feeling is right! I wish I wouldn't have been so honest when people asked. I'll start saying that we maybe have changed our mind, or that we don't know if to stay team green or not. Then I can just wait and see how it feels.

marika im good 9 weeks today just getting through each day! Just all day nausea worse at night but not as bad as some so I should not complain!!, scan in three weeks time woohooo x

Marika
September 7th, 2014, 12:56 AM
hotdogz: Thanks! Those are great ideas, I'll try to put on my poker face (which I am useless at!) and avoid those questions as much as I can.

I've had a friend who admitted finding out themselves, but didn't want to tell anyone. It must have been sooo hard having people trying to find out and guessing since everyone knew the parents knew. They really kept it a secret though until the girl (after two boys!) was born :-)

Your idea of not even admitting having found out sounds more doable, I think people would go mad out of curiosity if the just get the answer "We're not telling, it's a secret". I don't think I could do it. And I would certainly not be able to go team green!

kitkat: Oh, I hope you'll feel better soon. Mostly my worst weeks have been around that period. Exciting with that scan in a few weeks! Are you going team green or are you gonna try to get find out asap? xx

kitkat18
September 7th, 2014, 03:51 AM
Hey marika I soooo don't know!! Still deciding tough decision, hopefully make a firm decision after 12 week scan xx

angielorna
September 7th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Angie. Soon you will know!! I know i am extremely impatient and am in Canada and they do not do gender scans until 19 weeks. . So we drove to the states to get it done earlier. I was kinda expecting the tech to say she isnt 100% bc i am only 15 weeks but that wasn't the case. Anterior placenta and i kept super hydrated.. and baby showing herself helped!

Whereabouts in Canada are you? I'm a few hours from Toronto. I've been trying to find out if anyone will do a gender scan at 16 weeks (not sure I want to, just like the info). My dr told me to book my anatomy scan at 19 weeks, though my last pregnancies I was told 18-20. I was tempted to call up UC baby and talk to them. Their website says 20 weeks, but ..... I thought because it's private, they may do it earlier.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to find out. My mom keeps going on about how it's the grandma's right to know the sex and she wants to come to the ultrasound and have the tech just tell her if I don't want to know. She is adamant that she will not tell me but I will know just by looking at her. She wants a girl more than I do. She keeps talking like this baby is a girl already. I've told her baby is most likely a boy, but she just keeps going on and on and on. Grumpy.

anyway, I was wondering where in the States you went for your scan????

Angie

sweetdream
September 7th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Marika I think I would tell ppl that I go team green. If you want to tell later on you can always say like the little one wasn't shy or we changed our minds the last minute.

Robin has it sunk in yet? what amazing feeling must that be :)

Hotdogz so hard to chose between team green or not. even when you have your DG. I can imagine your hoping for another one.

I've been puking for three mornings in a row again... and smells are getting stronger again! it almost feels like I'm in my first trimester again! yuk.
I started looking in to my baby clothes already. I've collected quite some girl clothes over the years!! Soooo hoping that I can use it this time. Lately I've got the feeling this really might be our little girl.
At the same time I'm scared I'm setting myself up for major disappointment.
I still want to go team green! I just want to enjoy this feeling for a while.
If I look at pictures that remembers me how bubba looked at my last us they seemed to be girls.... and again... I'm thinking I'm jinxing myself... and I'm wrong this must be another boy.
gonna enjoy washing some girl clothes for now (and my little boys clothes.. lol!)

Georgia_Peach
September 7th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Angie-i went to one in buffalo. They do it from 14 weeks.:)

angielorna
September 7th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Hmmm.....to the Google! Lol, we were planning our anniversary and we're going to go to alexandria bay, but I couldn't find a place there.
Angie

Georgia_Peach
September 7th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Ya we are south west ontario so it only took us an hour and a bit to get there. Might be more of a drive for you... but could Still be fun!?

oncue
September 8th, 2014, 02:56 AM
I think all u team green ladies are doing so well! We were team green for both DDs and it was very exciting! But we are equally as excited to know this time too. I suppose as it's our last we are looking forward to it as much as we can! Hope for the ladies looking for an U/sound clinician find one. I had our scan at 15 weeks and it was correct.
Lala, I looked into placenta encapsulation too, but I'm still on the fence about it. I don't know anyone who has done it so can only base what I know off what I read on the Internet. I wonder how much of the 'goodness' is lost in the steaming and drying process. There are some places where we live that will come and pick it up after birth and return the capsules after 24-36hours. Hahah I don't know if I Cld go through with it but I have been doing research just to make sure I know my options.
Here is my bump pic too. Not very good one, but this is 21weeks now xhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/08/eqegujes.jpg

kitkat18
September 8th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Super cute oncue!! Very neat bump! Xx

daisymoo
September 8th, 2014, 05:51 AM
Wow Abi, Lala and Oncue you have super tiny bumps Ye look so tiny! I'll post a pic of my huge bump later today
Angie in my house it's the complete opposite to yours I have told all my friends and family we're having a girl as I can't keep a secret but my mom and stepdad said that they really don't want to know until the birth and it is so hard keeping it a secret from them I really wish I could tell them!
Sweetdream hope you feel better soon I feel your pain!!

lala22
September 8th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Oncue- if it helps I know friends that have done it and swear by it. The process of dehydrating should be done at very low temperatures so as to keep it in it's raw form. Though of course you could always freeze into chunks and throw into smoothies- eek- I know people who have done that but I just couldn't.

angielorna
September 8th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Ya we are south west ontario so it only took us an hour and a bit to get there. Might be more of a drive for you... but could Still be fun!?

I mapquested it -- 3.5 hours. ouch!

Angie

angielorna
September 8th, 2014, 09:33 PM
And what an adorable bump you have! My bump isn't real....meaning it's my own belly fat...it's just getting firmer :P
Angie

angielorna
September 9th, 2014, 07:28 PM
So I got my second blood test results (kind of.... I was at the drs with the boys and my results showed up while I was there).
She said they were negative. I didn't really understand the results when I pressed her, I think I mixed up the numbers. I thought she said my odds were 1/1900 but adjusting for age it's 1/260 (I think my age risk was 1/260 and after the test it's 1/1900). either way, she said it's below the cut off, so I'm not at an elevated risk.
So I think I'm good :)

Angie

kitkat18
September 10th, 2014, 02:41 AM
Great news Angie!!

sweetdream
September 10th, 2014, 03:23 AM
What a relief Angie!!! Now relax and enjoy!!!!

Marika
September 10th, 2014, 03:25 AM
Nice pics of beautiful baby bumps!!

Angie - yay! Great news about your blood tests!

Marika
September 10th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Sweetdream - sorry you are feeling nauseous again! hope it's only temporary and that you'll feel better soon! Admire your strength to stay team green!

daisymoo
September 10th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Yay that's great news Angie You can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy worry free now! I'm just recovering from a severe dose of food poisoning Coleslaw I reckon was my culprit! It's great to be up and back in the world of the living today! I'm never eating that stuff again!! Hope everyone else is feeling good these days x

FutureMiniMe
September 10th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Great news and congrats to Crazycat (can believe it's been that long since I have commented) and Robin (and anyone I have missed.

Angie - what a relief your tests came back good! I always feel great when I get those positive results. My dad has been telling us something similar to your mom. He wants to know whether or not we find out. I have a special elective gender ultrasound this weekend although I am still not sure if my DH will be joining me for it. He won't commit to finding out but I think he is just being that way to tease me till the bitter end, lol. I will be 16+3 so hopefully it is accurate. My dad was saying he was going to demand to be in the room and have the tech just tell him but he has softened to that. My mom was the same way with the others when she was still alive.

Sweetdream - I feel just like you. I keep thinking that how could this not be our little girl with everything I did to sway. I was also on antidepressants in addition to everything else which are also supposed to sway pink. But I don;t want to get my hopes up and keep practicing getting excited for another little boy too. It would be super cute to have three boys and I feel like a pro at the boy mom thing. I don't know that I could continue with this back and forth through the whole pregnancy though so I am pretty set to find out myself at least.

I love the list that has been floating around. Thanks to whoever updated that!

FutureMiniMe
September 10th, 2014, 02:08 PM
On a totally semi-unrelated note...

i have been thinking a lot about if we could manage if I quit work for a little while to stay home with the kids. Even with one kid in kindergarten, I am paying $1,200 to $1,300 a month in child care alone. My three year old began preschool in August and he cries every day when I drop him off. If I could figure out how to make just $500-600 a month from home I could very comfortably stay home but we might be able to tightly swing it even if I didn't.

I just don't know though. I do like what I do, and my schedule is pretty flexible which can be hard to find. If I need to take time off for sick kids or adjust my schedule to take DS1 to school, or bring a sick kid in with me, or work from home a day or two, I have the freedom to do so. And I cover power, water, garbage, and kids clothes and stuff with what I make plus extra groceries, and some of our eating out and luxuries. It is so hard to figure out what I should do...

Anyone in a similar boat?

angielorna
September 10th, 2014, 09:56 PM
If i could afford to stay home, I so would. That's my dream.
Angie

lala22
September 10th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Oh boy- staying home is a tough one. For our first by the time we paid for daycare I didn't make enough for it to be worth me working so I stayed home the first couple of years and then found flexible work. Currently I am a real estate agent ( doing very little business) not because we don't need the money but because it's excruciatingly hard to work from home, manage the house and a 4 yr old and be pregnant. I think my plan is to keep doing this until all of our kids are in school and then go back to a more dependable and regular salary.

lala22
September 10th, 2014, 10:21 PM
On another note- has anyone ever experienced (or know somebody who has) decreasing HCG levels and spotting at 11 weeks? I have a friend who has been having issues and everything I find on the web is 50/50. Her last pregnancy ended in a 2nd trimester miscarriage but she was so much healthier this time around my fingers were crossed. She's already heard a healthy heartbeat but this recent turn of events has us worried.

Marika
September 11th, 2014, 03:08 AM
About staying home or not - many countries seem to have a very high costs for daycare and kindergarten. I understand that it might not always be worth working if most salary goes to just pay the fees.

How long are your maternity leave?

Sweden have very high income taxes compared to most other countries (20-40%), but we also have a generous financial support for all parents. We can stay home for at least 1-1,5 years and get 80% of our salary, so most stay at home for that long. If choosing to use less money a month, it's possible to stay at home longer, the sum is yours to use over 8 years as you want.

I chose to start working part time after 1,5 years with both boys and then use parental insurance for the rest of the time.

Daycare here is cheap (although many swedes often complain about it, they want it to be completely free, which it actually is after a certain age) so most kids do go there. The cost is adjusted to your income, but the maximum you pay is around 140 euro (170 usd) a month. (If more than one child, fee is lower for the rest of the kids.)

When I was young(er) I had quite a few friends (and me included) who went abroad to UK, US or southern europe to work as nannies. I didn't really think about why it was so common in other countries but I do understand now. It must have been much cheaper than kindergarten, especially if having more than one child.

Marika
September 11th, 2014, 03:09 AM
lala: sorry, I've no clue about the HCG-levels and spotting, but I hope your friend and her baby are gonna be ok!

kitkat18
September 11th, 2014, 03:11 AM
I did it for six years and loved it! But I also love working now too for me part time is ideal, currently full time but going back four days per week one year after this baby is born X

Georgia_Peach
September 11th, 2014, 09:17 AM
I left my ft job as a mortgage broker. The hours were crazy and i was commuting two hours a day in car. I decided to stay at home and open my own newborn/baby/family photography business. So far its going well. My hubby does make enough so that we don't have to rely on my business's money... bc its not all that lucrative when you just start! But i enjoy picking my kids uo from school and getting work done around the house all day. I truly feel like the house alone needs a person there 24-7. Bc of the chores to do. Lol.
Weve basically said that i will return to work probably after baby girl is in full day kindergarten. But im in no rush. That being said.. i miss out on maternity leave. . Which here is 80% of earnings for a year. Always had that with the boys and that was helpful. And bc were down to one income there are sacrifices that have to be made. Its a hard decision for sure.

angielorna
September 11th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Just booked my anatomy scan. Dr said 19 weeks, they booked me in for 18w5d. Said it was fine, so I did. Last night I was contemplating doing it at 17w5 days so I could find out and go crazy at the mom to mom sale and buy gender specific stuff. Opted against that (I figured I'd just get to go for another one if it was too early, hehe). I have been on the fence about finding out the gender. My mom is super pushy about knowing. I'll most likely cave. I was thinking at 4 a.m. this morning when i couldn't sleep that maybe knowing the gender will help me feel more attached/excited or make it feel more real. IDK. So confused!!!

Angie

kitkat18
September 11th, 2014, 02:54 PM
So hard Angie!! You can always find out then tell people you are team green so you have time to process everything a few people are doing that in march, April, may thread. If you get your DG you can always say it was a team green fail then tell everyone!
I too am going back and forth about what to do but this option for me takes sting out of third boy comments and time for us to get over any GD before birth, good luck!! Its a tough one! Only you know what is right for you! Good luck 18 weeks is perfect for gender/anatomy scan XX

angielorna
September 11th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Thanks kitkat :) That's a good strategy. I was considering doing a gender reveal if we chose to find out and then I thought it might be better to do one privately before publically. So DH and I can have a special "find out" experience and process before telling others. I'm thinking of not finding out and telling my mom I did and it's a boy. So she can get over her GD and deal with it and be surprised if baby's a girl. LOL.

I still have 2 weeks to decide. Holy cow, two weeks TODAY!!!!

Angie

Abifasc
September 11th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I stay at home. I have a degree in fine art which I could do a few things with but I've always wanted to just be a mom. Daycare is expensive here and I would want my kids in a "good" one and those are very expensive, like $800 a month. When Micah (if he stays the baby) is old enough for pre-k I will probably teach art at the school where my husband is principal, but it's hard to plan that far in advance.

On another note, my prenatal appointment went well today. Micah is very very active and ran from the Doppler which was funny because I could feel him kicking hard to get away from it. Heartbeat of 143. The nurse said it was a "boy heartbeat" and I said I already know he's indeed a boy and she said I'm lucky to have three of them. I've been hearing that statement a lot lately which is very healing and encouraging how "lucky" I am to be a mom of three boys. I sure did want a daughter, but I am beginning to think I will wait and just enjoy my three crazies �� anatomy scan is scheduled for the 26th.

Abifasc
September 11th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I stay at home. I have a degree in fine art which I could do a few things with but I've always wanted to just be a mom. Daycare is expensive here and I would want my kids in a "good" one and those are very expensive, like $800 a month. When Micah (if he stays the baby) is old enough for pre-k I will probably teach art at the school where my husband is principal, but it's hard to plan that far in advance.

On another note, my prenatal appointment went well today. Micah is very very active and ran from the Doppler which was funny because I could feel him kicking hard to get away from it. Heartbeat of 143. The nurse said it was a "boy heartbeat" and I said I already know he's indeed a boy and she said I'm lucky to have three of them. I've been hearing that statement a lot lately which is very healing and encouraging how "lucky" I am to be a mom of three boys. I sure did want a daughter, but I am beginning to think I will wait and just enjoy my three crazies 😊 anatomy scan is scheduled for the 26th.

crazycatcouple
September 11th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Oh Marika, I am jealous! I just read your statement and told hubby we need to move to Sweden :-) The US is so backwards in some ways - we definitely don't value to the family unit the way most other developed countries do. Here, there is NO government funded maternity leave and the majority of companies don't provide it either, so you just have to figure it out on your own. You can pay for short term disability insurance, but you have to pay in the whole time you're pregnant (starting before you get pregnant or it doesn't count) and then you only get about 50-60% of your salary for 4 weeks. 6 weeks for a cesarean. It's sad, really, because our taxes are still in the 20-30% range for most middle-class americans. Oh, and then daycare where I'm at for my daughter who is 3 years old is $850 per month and infants are usually closer to $1,000, so with 2 in daycare you're at almost $2k per month! I will say that we are lucky in that it still makes sense for both DH and I to work, and we have very flexible jobs, etc, but still. If I could not work for a year or two while the kids are babies, I would LOVE that, but I am more of the "breadwinner" in our family, so if someone was to stay home, it would be DH and he's not interested in that. Ah...whenever I start getting irritated at this though, I have to remind myself of all the other great things in my life. It's not so bad - life is good - it could be worse, etc, but I still wish the US valued families more and had some sort of government funded maternity leave.

angielorna
September 11th, 2014, 09:05 PM
I live in Canada where we have something for maternity leave. It's could be better, but it could be waaay worse. We pay into EI and need 640 hours at our job the year before we need it and we receive 55% of salary to a maximum of $514/week for 50 weeks. So we get a year off for maternity leave (minus the 2 week wait period) and some business' (not mine) provide a top up.

I work in a non-profit agency and we have directed by the powers that be to merge with another non-profit agency in our district. Unfortunately, because of this, my job will be deemed "redundant" (whether I'm on maternity leave or not). So, I'm looking at either being jobless (with a severance) at the end of my maternity leave or my boss (who loves me) can put me in another position (the same position I was in 5 years ago doing something completely different) BUT it means shift work when I return from maternity leave. I'm in a pickle. I want to stay working there -- been there 14 years -- but really am not interested in returning to shift work (8 a.m.-4 p.m. or 4 p.m. - midnight). Ugh. I have to decide in the next few weeks ... because I'd have to make the switch before I go on leave. Super annoying. I wish my DH made enough to support us and I could stay home.

As for daycare, both my boys are now in full day kindergarten so my daycare costs are about $250 a month for after school care (my sister has a daycare and love me a lot!). Even when my youngest was there, I'd pay her $600 flat rate a month -- full time care for my little one and pick up from school and care for my older one. I love my sister!!!

Angie

kitkat18
September 11th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Wow marika!! Sweden is where it is at!!! Here in NZ we get 4 months full pay then nothing after that, they hold your job open for 12 months but its quite flexible working hours I will go back four days per week when bubba is 9-12 months. My DH gets 12 weeks paid paternity leave pretty awesome huh! That's just his job as he works for a university.

Hey abi I have a fine arts degree too!! I manage/buy/ product develop for our big main art gallery shop I love it, its soooo creative.

So happy everyone is saying such lovely comments to you its so true!!!! But sometimes only us boy mums know that :)

Hope everyone is keeping well whose scans up next?
Xxxx

Abifasc
September 11th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Wow marika!! Sweden is where it is at!!! Here in NZ we get 4 months full pay then nothing after that, they hold your job open for 12 months but its quite flexible working hours I will go back four days per week when bubba is 9-12 months. My DH gets 12 weeks paid paternity leave pretty awesome huh! That's just his job as he works for a university.

Hey abi I have a fine arts degree too!! I manage/buy/ product develop for our big main art gallery shop I love it, its soooo creative.

So happy everyone is saying such lovely comments to you its so true!!!! But sometimes only us boy mums know that :)

Hope everyone is keeping well whose scans up next?
Xxxx

Wow that sounds like a fun job! How awesome!
How many boys do you have? Did your sway work? Sorry I can't keep track well :)

FutureMiniMe
September 11th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Yes, I am jealous of the Swedes, too! I am actually part Swedish and my grandma tells me we have family there. I would love to live in one of the Scandinavian countries!

I totally go back and forth about this. It would be hard for us, but if I could maybe find a few kids to do after school care for, I would be able to take care of my portion of the bills. I feel like we have competing quality of life issues if I stay home or continue to work. Home we would eat much more health, and much less eating out. We would be able to do weekends away more often because I would depend on the weekends to make sure laundry and other "getting ready for the workweek" chores that I always have to do. Working our spending is much more flexible. I can contribute to many extras that we wouldn't feel as comfortable in spending on, my kids would get quality education and social experiences bc I'm not sure if we could afford preschool if I was home (unless I found some way of making something from home). And my job is really flexible as far as schedule goes. I just adjusted so that I can drop my oldest of at kindie and go in at nine and still get off at five and it has been nice to get extra time at home to wash and fold a load of laundry and tidy up the house each day.

Ah, obviously I to back and forth.

Lala, I have thought about being a realtor but the housing market in CA scares me and I don't know if I would be good at it.

FutureMiniMe
September 11th, 2014, 10:31 PM
In California we have state disability pay and then some paid for FMLA (family medical leave). It it only a present of what you make but better than nothing I suppose. I think I can take up to four months off here, although some of it would be unpaid.

bluebonnet22
September 11th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Sorry to threadcrash, but I will mention for those that are looking for decent (not great) at home work that being a search engine rater is easy work and you can easily make $500-$1000 a month (not great money, but every bit helps!). I saw Leapforce mentioned on these boards before (I wish I could remember which lady originally recommended it!) and looked into it and applied and have loved doing it part time to make extra income.

kitkat18
September 11th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Wow that sounds like a fun job! How awesome!
How many boys do you have? Did your sway work? Sorry I can't keep track well :)

2 boys abi 6 and 4 im only 9 weeks so no idea yet I have totally convinced myself its another boy I guess for self protection hoping for a sneak peak at 12 weeks but planning team green if I can hold out!!Xx

lala22
September 11th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Futuremininme- you don't know until you try but I will say this - it is WAY harder than I expected. Being a mom in these times is really rough- you just can't win no matter what you do. Most European countries have it right and the US fails us miserably for the cost of living that we endure. Though, I too try to be grateful for the roof over my head the clean running water through my faucets but we are asked to do a lot with not a lot and it's hard.

Bluebonnet22- Is it something you have to pay into first or one of those "weird deals"? I'd be super interested in it.

Abifasc
September 12th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Futuremininme- you don't know until you try but I will say this - it is WAY harder than I expected. Being a mom in these times is really rough- you just can't win no matter what you do. Most European countries have it right and the US fails us miserably for the cost of living that we endure. Though, I too try to be grateful for the roof over my head the clean running water through my faucets but we are asked to do a lot with not a lot and it's hard.

Bluebonnet22- Is it something you have to pay into first or one of those "weird deals"? I'd be super interested in it.

Same question about the job.

FutureMiniMe
September 12th, 2014, 12:21 PM
If you google Leapforce you can find the website for more information. It looks like you don't have to pay in first.

Marika
September 12th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Kitkat and Crazycat - I know Sweden is pretty unique in the family financial area. The rights for both parents are very strong and it's more or less impossible to loose your job while on maternity leave. We have an election here in a few days and it's almost laughable to hear the different parties argue about which side has the most family focused line. One side wants to insert a higher amount for parents who wants to stay at home until kids are 3 years old, around 850 usd (650 euro) per child. (This is after after the "normal" parental payment period). The other side says it's a terrible "womens trap" that puts them at home and makes society unequal. Sweden has put a lot of focus on feminism and even pay bonus to families who share the parents allowance equally. Of course the payment offer includes both genders, but it's seen in areas that have tested this that it's almost only women who use it.

Of course I highly value these things, but a society like this also has fewer private alternatives, so I have to say I also envy you girls who easily can find places for eg gender scans and extra tests.

About scans - mine is on monday and I am both terrified and excited. I have never wished for a weekend to pass faster before, lol :-)

Marika
September 12th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Yes, I am jealous of the Swedes, too! I am actually part Swedish and my grandma tells me we have family there. I would love to live in one of the Scandinavian countries!

I totally go back and forth about this. It would be hard for us, but if I could maybe find a few kids to do after school care for, I would be able to take care of my portion of the bills. I feel like we have competing quality of life issues if I stay home or continue to work. Home we would eat much more health, and much less eating out. We would be able to do weekends away more often because I would depend on the weekends to make sure laundry and other "getting ready for the workweek" chores that I always have to do. Working our spending is much more flexible. I can contribute to many extras that we wouldn't feel as comfortable in spending on, my kids would get quality education and social experiences bc I'm not sure if we could afford preschool if I was home (unless I found some way of making something from home). And my job is really flexible as far as schedule goes. I just adjusted so that I can drop my oldest of at kindie and go in at nine and still get off at five and it has been nice to get extra time at home to wash and fold a load of laundry and tidy up the house each day.

Ah, obviously I to back and forth.

Lala, I have thought about being a realtor but the housing market in CA scares me and I don't know if I would be good at it.

Wow, do you know where in Sweden they live? Have you visited Scandinavia?

I totally understand your back and forth - it's not easy to combine work and all that has to be done at home as well. And on top of that the financial side of it all.

FutureMiniMe
September 12th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks everyone. I was a stay at home mom with DS1 until he was about 10 months old. I started a part time job at first and then moved to full time. It was perfect. During my time home, I don't think I fully appreciated it because I was so focused on being a perfect mom and doing everything by the book. For some reason, my transition from none to one was more difficult than from one to two kids even though I wanted to be a mom more than anything else. I think I put too much pressure on myself. By the second I knew that things would be okay even if I wasn't perfect and I could read parenting advice but it was okay to improvise and do what worked best for our family and each child. By the time DS2 came I was working full time but everything seemed much easier and I am a totally different person than I was then. I think I could really enjoy it and do a good job.

Eh, anyway. Someday I might just have to make the jump and trust that it would all work out.

FutureMiniMe
September 12th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Marika - I'm not really sure and I have not gotten to make a trip but would like to some day. The story of how my grandma'a parents got here is cute the way she tells it. One was from Norway and the other from Sweden but they had to travel all the way to America to meet even though they were from neighboring countries back home. They met and married in Minnesota which had a large Scandinavian population (although my family is in California now).

Marika
September 14th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I can imagine it must an interesting story. At that time over a million swedes made the journey over the atlantic sea to seek the luck in "the land of dreams" :-)

For being such a small country as Sweden, that was a huge emigration.

(Sorry everyone else for being so OT right now!)

FutureMiniMe
September 14th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Yes, sorry for being so OT! I will get right back on topic to tell you all that I had my early gender scan I have been talking about yesterday. My husband decided he would join me in finding out so we brought the kids with us too. I am still guarding my heart bc I was only 16+3 yesterday but the tech said she was 90% sure baby is a GIRL! I am nervous that it will change when I go for my anatomy scan on October 7th, but I'm excited! The cord was through the legs in the front so she had to go look through the back. I am working on including a pic but I might have to sign on through a browser instead of my phone.

bluebonnet22
September 14th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Leapforce is a legitimate job (as is Appen, another search engine rating company that is very similar). I believe both are hiring now. You take a test to qualify and then you are given tasks and you can do them whenever you want (nap times, middle of the night, weekends, etc). You can work as little as you want or as much as you want (although I do think they might have caps at 20 hours a week? I haven't had time to work that much so I'm not sure - it's definitely not a "full time" job, definitely a "part time" job). Pay is $13.50/hr . I make enough to pay for my son's preschool tuition and grocery money. Definitely helps and I love that it's completely flexible to my schedule.

sweetdream
September 14th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Futureminime! Congrats on your 90% girl!!!
She is proberly 100% girl