DW Age:
23 at time of sway, now 24
DH Age:
28 atos, now 29
Current Children's Gender(s)
Me - 1DD;3yo
DH - 3DD (including our one);9yo,4yo,3yo
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
MINERALS
Calcium Intake(Please describe)
Minimum, avoided but not 100% excluded
Magnesium Intake(Please describe)
Minimum, avoided but not 100% excluded
Potassium Intake(Please describe)
Bananas 2x daily, Bolthouse Farms Daily Greens & Green Goodness juices(1 serving daily greens & 1-2 servings green goodness-daily), potassium fortified kashi golean cereal with almond/coconut milk (50/50mix) 1x daily, 1-2 servings potatoes daily
Sodium Intake(Please describe)
Salt on everything!
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Gree Tea

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
Drank Fertilitea daily, for one cycle - 12oz cup of triple strength brewed, ingredients : Chasteberry (Vitex),
Red Raspberry Leaf, Green Tea, Ladies Mantle, Nettle Leaf. This helped me to ovulate on the cycle I conceived a full 14 days earlier than the previous cycle (have read conceiving on a shorter cycle sways boy!)
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? HE(High Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
Switched from a primarily acidic diet to a 80:20 alkalizing to acidic ratio, aiming for closer to 90:10 alkalizing diet but was not perfect. NO dairy , no white bread, no processed sugar. I added cinnamon to everything possible, honey and maple syrup as sweeteners. Increased protein intake and if I felt hungry I ate immediately until full. Was trying to gain weight by eating foods rich with good fats but didn't gain.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
About a month and half - 2 months for diet, fertilitea was only drank for 1 week prior to af of previous cycle until bfp, then weaned from triple strength cup a day to none in a week and half after bfp.
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
No
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
-
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I had 1 drink per day
Any Diet Details?
1 drink per day was more like every other day
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
5'2/95 lbs, bmi 17.4
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
-
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
-
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
-
DH pH
-
THE DEED INFO
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
Pull out baby conceived directly on O day!
BD Pattern BD every few days

BD Dates according to Ovulation O day only

BD Position
Doggy style
Any additional comments?
We DTD pretty regular but had not for 3 days prior to o, and then directly on o day (temp shift confirmed 3 days later) at night only. DH took care of himself the days prior, except for the night directly before conception, so really no cutoff. Was not ttc but not using bc or condoms, only PO method and was prepping sway to be hardcore for when ready to ttc only to find out I ended up with a bfp @ 12dpo in my first true cycle of diet change/fertilitea
Any relevant attempt details?

Drank fertilitea triple strength for a full cycle. ingredients are vitex, red rasberry leaf, green tea, ladies mantle, & nettle leaf, all of which boost fertility and I've seen a theory somewhere about anything that boosts fertility likely sways boy
The tea helped me to ovulate a full 14 days earlier than the previous cycle, and 3 days earlier than my "avg" ovulation date from the last 6 cycles! I've seen somewhere around here that ovulating earlier in your cycle than your average o date sways boy, which goes along with anything boosting fertility sways boy.
Biorhythym for my ovulation date for BOTH dh and I is at HIGH boy! Biorhythm was correct with dd for both DH and I as well.
I completely cut out dairy except for nice fatty heavy cream. Instead as part of my alkalizing diet I drank almond and coconut milk, alternated or a 50/50 mix.
And lastly, we didn't DTD for about 3 days prior to o and then DTD the NIGHT of o day (confirmed by bbt 3 days later). I've decided I believe shettles is the weakest way to sway, but included with everything else I think it might be significant? Also, DH took care of himself the 3 days prior to o that we did not DTD, so no cut off.
Did you do anything with Ions?
Not in particular but used cell phone often with close to abdomen
Moon Phase during conception?
Waning Gibbous
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
-
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
Mostly that it happened on an extremely short cycle for me, 32 days compared to the
previous 48 day cycle. Also feel my alkalizing diet was strong at time of conception.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
Diet could have been more strict , I did slip up one day and binge on chocolate! I also would have cut out caffeine 100% if I had known I was going to conceive, would have liked to gain a few lbs before bfp.
Things worth mentioning:
Had a strong bfp at 12dpo on walmart cheapie, ovulated 14 days earlier than previous cycle, biorhythym is at high boy for both DH and I on day of conception and was high girl for both at time of conception with dd.

dloui128
August 19th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Congrats on your BFP, best of luck :)

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2014, 09:55 AM
huge congrats! blue dust!!

Luckyduck23
August 19th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks y'all! I really hope it was a good enough start to make a difference!!

missxo143
August 19th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Congratulations on your BFP, blue dust!

Luckyduck23
October 9th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Updated.. Can I please get some help with what I did wrong? I've realized cinnamon seems like it probably swayed girl more than boy because of insulin spikes/crashes or something along those lines? I didn't gain weight which I feel I should have, I cut out dairy aside from heavy cream in cooking and my daily cup of coffee which was unnecessary right? Before cutting I was drinking whole milk and a lot of it so would quiting have had the opposite effect, swaying girl? I'd really just love for someone to pick this apart for me. This was probably my last chance but if I'm ever blessed to have this chance again I know there's so much I could improve. I focused a lot on ingender at the time of my sway and then found this site very shortly before my bfp. I'm crushed :(

atomic sagebrush
October 9th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Well, you prob. know this already but there is a ton I would change about your sway.

I would not have dropped dairy, would not have had you on the "alkaline" diet (which doesn't do anything), would not have had you so overly focused on potassium foods at the expense of protein - protein + carbs at every meal and snack, would not have had you eating so much salt.

Cinnamon probably sways pink.

Your BMI was in girl range, would like to see you have added some lbs. of muscle

Pull out babies tend to be girls

One attempt regardless of day is getting overwhelmingly pink results for us, so would have preferred to see you in with more attempts.

Fertilitea also can sway pink due to the vitex in it.

I am so sorry you didn't hear what you wanted though. I know it's not easy and when it's a surprise when you're planning to sway, it really hurts (this was the case for me too with my 4th boy - accidental pg while taking a month off swaying.)

Luckyduck23
October 9th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Yea, that's pretty much exactly what I expected to hear. It just sucks so bad that I wanted to do everything right, I had it all planned out for so far down the line and had just started focusing on the whole swaying deal, but in that short time because it wasn't planned at all, when I found this it was already too late.. And then I started slowly realizing almost everything I did was wrong. I'm so so sad :(

True Blue
October 11th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Luckyduck I have had 3 opposites, each sway different but for them all tried so hard with all the wrong information.
We are planning our next and final sway and this time I purchased a personalized plan and am so so so glad I did. I can see now what we could/should have done differently and things I thought I understood finally clicked - like a penny dropping. I'm feeling quite confident for our next sway. :fx:

Try to remember you could have done the best sway in the world and still gotten your DD2. Don't feel bad for feeling how you feel but do know when your little DD arrives you will love every inch of her and wouldn't trade her for all the boys in the world.
My last DD is a dream baby we love her so much :)