PDA

View Full Version : Super keen girl swayers :)

covered in blue
August 21st, 2014, 05:53 AM
So we've still got about a year before we start TTC. I've started skipping breakfast and trying to cut down on highly fortified foods. That's about it for now. Are there any other super keen girl swayers out there? What are you all doing so far in advance?

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2014, 02:34 PM
If you have a year to go I'd wait, unless you have tons of weight to lose.

princessCharlotte
August 22nd, 2014, 10:33 AM
im slowly adjusting my diet into LE since I have a year before ttc too.

skipping breakfast is my first move.
next, No banana and limit intake of potatoes. So far, these has been since feb2014.

atomic sagebrush
August 23rd, 2014, 09:39 AM
DO NOT limit bananas and potatoes if you are doing LE Diet. The ONLY reason these were ever "no-no" foods on the other diets, is because the FGD and IGD have the potassium limitations AND they're drinking/eating lots of dairy that is loaded with potassium and the only way they could do both lots of dairy and a potassium restriction, was to cut out ALL other foods that had potassium in them. In LE Diet, you will not be doing all that dairy and it is CRITICAL that you continue to include foods with potassium in them - it can be hard to get enough potassium on LE Diet. If you do not get 2500-3500 mg potassium every day, you can die. It's the same level on all three diets because it is the barest minimum you need for your survival.

There has never been any study to prove that bananas and potatoes make boys. There's no study that proves POTASSIUM even sways. It's nonsense and biologically impossible. there are NO MAGIC FOODS.

princessCharlotte
August 24th, 2014, 06:10 AM
tks atomic for the advices.

yes i still have potassium from other foods.

i was banana lover and ate banana almost everyday last time. therefore this time im gg avoid those foods i love which i used to eat almost everyday

covered in blue
August 24th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Well this thread didn't exactly go to plan lol but yay :). I'm glad I'm not the only very eager swayer! Must think of something to keep myself busy in the meantime it seems :)

atomic sagebrush
August 24th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Haha I'm sorry! I will shut up now and allow the Keen Girl Swayers to chat! :) (sorry!):hide:

covered in blue
August 24th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Lol no you are good :). We don't want to sabotage ourselves for the next 12 months.

1+2+3boys
September 12th, 2014, 12:58 AM
This was bang on time for me. I was almost going to start a new thread until I saw this one. I may not TTC for a year or even longer. I need a place to vent on how I am living without my daughter whilst doing nothing to try and get her. Some days are great and I feel that I am so lucky to have my boys and I could settle if I had to but today has been hard. When my twins were little I thought I would TTC around this time since it was a peak girl month and they would almost be three by the time 'she' arrived. I just looked at the calender and realised and it made me feel very sad.

I don't really want another baby or have baby ache as I am so busy and barely managing raising three kids so close in age and running a household. Baby girls do not make me sad, seeing girls aged 2-10 make me sad. DP agreed to HT but at this rate with the amount of money we would have to save, we might not do it for 5 years! I just feel like with three children I should have just had her by now and be on with my life raising my family. I feel like I need to have a daughter in my life and there is a chance I will end up having to sway and by god it better work. I don't want to go through all the hard stuff again unless it is for a girl, as much as I would love the little guy of coarse.

A good friend just had her second baby and it was a surprise. A boy after a girl and it stung that someone could get both genders only on their second try and she didn't even care what she got. I know her lovely two children will never experience that amazing same sex sibling bond and they are not as lovely as my kids etc etc. But I never thought in my life before having kids that I would end up one of the "unlucky ones"
At least my empty feeling over no daughter is tiny in comparison to someone aching for a child at all :(

I got two all boy comments from other parents at Kindy pick up today and it made me super mad when usually I brush it off as nothing. Feeling down today.

1+2+3boys
September 12th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Accidently posted last long comment twice so shortening for the sake of the thread as I can not delete for some reason

1+2+3boys
September 12th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Sorry about the duplicate post. I tired to delete but couldn't. Hopefully they both do not end up disapearring

aussiesmiler
September 12th, 2014, 02:06 AM
So sorry to hear you are feeling down today. FWIW I feel the same way too and as much as I would rather we weren't in this place it is nice not to be alone and to have such lovely people to talk to about our feelings. Because they are real...... :-((

covered in blue
September 12th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Oh feeling your pain today :( I could have written your post too. I find it especially hard when other people get their surprise little PP. Probably coz that's what I imagined when we went for a surprise with DS2 :(.
It's so hard waiting for the right time when you just want all the pain to be over with already and don't want it to keep stealing your happiness and thoughts!

I'm really hopeful we will get our DG's though 1+2+3! I told DH to pick me up a girl from the supermarket last night when he was leaving and asked me if I wanted anything lol. He giggled and said "OK, sure" and that made me laugh just a little. Seriously wish it was that easy! I am really going off swaying at the moment though. I don't think I can do it coz I feel the same as you. I'm not in the right head space to be able to raise another little boy at the moment. I'm seriously considering going back to work part time to help pay for HT faster.... Life will get easier for us both when our kids start school. We will get through that washing pile I'm sure xxx

1+2+3boys
September 12th, 2014, 08:46 PM
lol, nice to have hubbies on board. I'm feeling alot better today thanks ladies. I realised it must have been part due to PMS. But for me it is post not pre. THe day after bleeding stops for me I get depressed for that whole day. I have to make sure I have some chocolate and a glass of wine handy for the evening. Once I have a daughter I can't think of anything else bad enough in my life that would get me that down so I really know I am not just wanting what I don't have for trivial reasons.

Man that washing pile aye. I could handle one more set of clothes but two more sets ?! That's why it has to be the girl next. I would love my new boy but my GD would still be there and I'd be even less likely to try again. I'd just have to get over it though and I know I have no chance of a girl without even trying.
HT is so much cheaper than raising a whole extra child factoring in a failed sway before a successful one but if only we had that money right now. It would be such a worthwhile investment. It's not fair how it is so far away. I'm not saying every Country should have it but if they were dotted evenly around the world so we could at least stay in our half or quarter of it

1+2+3boys
September 12th, 2014, 10:35 PM
In regards to your first question as to what I am doing this far in advance the answer is heaps but not on purpose or by trying. My life for once is naturally a pink sway but is slowly stating to go the opposite direction which is why I am bummed we can't TTC now. I'm sure if I had never heard of swaying and got pregnant right now then my chances for a girl would be higher than before. I wont start doing any real planned sway tactics until we are 100% sure as to what we are doing. I had a bit before as practise but I lost too much weight so decided to wait

Mum4life
February 5th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Sorry, i had to comment because this post was made 3 hrs after i had ds3 lol.. august 21st 2014 and he was born 5.15pm! lol.. anyway i can definitely understand being super keen to sway for a girl.. i am super duper keen and would love to try now but at this stage i want a girl, and even though ds3 is only 5 months, i have heard getting pregnant under a year postpartum sways girl.. so we are aiming for april/may, since i have only been on the diet for a week.