PDA

View Full Version : When will my period come after a d&c?!

Rosie85
August 21st, 2014, 12:14 PM
So my first miscarriage I ovulated exactly two weeks from my cd1...The first day of bleeding. This time with my missed miscarriage I had to have a d&c at 12 weeks. I'm over 2 weeks out and no period and no signs of ovulation. .. I want to wait to ttc until after a full cycle through but I'm getting impatient! Haha.

If you've had a d&c when did you get your cycle back and how far a long were you before the d&c. Since I was 12 weeks the doc said it could take longer. I'm really hoping for an early June due date so I need to have my period soon, I don't think it's coming though.

The Anchor
August 21st, 2014, 01:23 PM
I had a natural m/c, everything started on its own the day after I found out there was no heartbeat. I was 12 weeks too. I didn't get AF for 7 weeks.

HUGS Rosie, my heart goes out to you.

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2014, 01:27 PM
It's different for everyone, I"m sorry. :( Wish I could be more help.

essnce629
August 22nd, 2014, 05:31 AM
My best friend, who also swayed for a girl, just had a missed miscarriage and D&C last month at 12 weeks. She had bleeding and spotting for 3 weeks straight after the D&C then a 5 DAY gap of no bleeding before she started her period (4 weeks from the D&C). She had her HCG levels tested at this point and they were under 5 so the doctor told her that yes, it probably was a real period. She said it was like her normal period in length and flow. She continued charting during this time and just yesterday, on CD14 it looks like she O'd (+opk and temp rise)! She called me shocked that it happened so soon as she thought it would be months! She took her first opk on CD12 thinking it would be totally negative and it was pretty close to positive. So I think you have a good chance of things going back to normal quickly. Like you, she's doing a pretty light sway this time around, hoping that the miscarriage is the biggest sway factor.

Rosie85
August 22nd, 2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks essnce. I hope I can follow a similar pattern. I thought maybe my period was coming soon since I had cramping again and some spotting but it stopped. My opk is stark white so it's not that. I will just keep waiting. Hoping for a June baby so I'm praying my period comes in the next week.

Boysway
August 26th, 2014, 02:30 AM
How are you going Rosie?